Curbstomp!

#1M0nst3rHaunt3rPosted 9/12/2013 3:57:26 PM
When is the earliest available Blue sharpness weapon in High Rank, and is there a tool (like Athena's ASS or Ping's Dex) to tell me when certain weapons are available? As far as I can tell the earliest viable blue sharpness weapons are available in V 7 star quests, and I am currently considering Remalgorgon as essentially a blue-sharpness viking hornsword, with a slight defense boost and more elemental power. Are there any weapons obtainable within the 6-star Village quests that I might be overlooking?

From what I can tell most Blue sharpness weapons require access to the Tundra (for gracium, etc.)
---
IGN: Bruce
MH3 Veteran, MH3U noob. Seeya around, and happy hunting!
#2RoxxtarPosted 9/12/2013 4:18:06 PM
"The Dark Demon's Sword" is an event quest you can do in LR (as soon as you can access the port actually) to get the blue sharp LS Tenebra.

As for the true earliest blues you can get without DLC, those would be any upgrades you can do in the "iron trees". There are plenty of them available when you hit HR, far too many to list out.
#3M0nst3rHaunt3r(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 4:47:57 PM
Actually, Tenebra only has green sharpness-though it has a high amount. I am also aware that there are a ton of Blue sharpness weapons available in V7 and V8, but I am the type of guy who wants to be as powerful as possible as soon as possible. For instance, I got AuL before I killed my first Peco (thanks, decent charm and easily-obtained jaggi and might seeds!) and want to continue the tradition of having the strongest possible weapon as soon as it is available. As said previously, my belief is that it is the Remalgorgon, since the only HR material it needs is gracium (which I can get immediately upon reaching V7). If there are any I can get before I leave V6, I want to know about it! :P
---
#4UlNinPosted 9/12/2013 5:15:33 PM
Peco Flint? Mercury Edges?
---
Confession Time: I am a button masher
#5Munchie906Posted 9/12/2013 5:17:38 PM
Check gameFAQs I heard they got weapon trees and stuff of the sorts to help
#6RoxxtarPosted 9/12/2013 7:14:59 PM
M0nst3rHaunt3r posted...
Actually, Tenebra only has green sharpness

You're right. Sorry about that I was looking at my Tenebra D. Forgot it had an upgrade :)
#7RoxxtarPosted 9/12/2013 7:35:34 PM
Oh, and BTW Remalgorgon is white sharpness. Did you mean Remalgalypse?

If so that's a good way to go if you want power and blue ASAP, however you will be ditching that GS pretty soon as you progress through HR and unlock weapons that outclass it and have longer upgrade trees.
#8M0nst3rHaunt3r(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 2:27:16 PM
Munchie906 posted...

They do, but there isn't anything that tells me WHEN a certain weapon is unlocked. Kira's weapon trees dont list materials either, so I've been using Pings MH3G dex... but that's tedious. Anyways, I made my remal-whatever immediately after killing an evil jho (first sighting of jho, in the C. Peco quest... took 35 minutes to kill it -_-) so now I have a Powertalon and Armortalon to help me curbstomp!

But at the same time, I have to stare longingly at the Vangis armor and Berserker sword (as well as his other powerful weapons) until I reach 9-star quests :(
---
#9Munchie906Posted 9/13/2013 3:42:15 PM
M0nst3rHaunt3r posted...
Munchie906 posted...

They do, but there isn't anything that tells me WHEN a certain weapon is unlocked. Kira's weapon trees dont list materials either, so I've been using Pings MH3G dex... but that's tedious. Anyways, I made my remal-whatever immediately after killing an evil jho (first sighting of jho, in the C. Peco quest... took 35 minutes to kill it -_-) so now I have a Powertalon and Armortalon to help me curbstomp!

But at the same time, I have to stare longingly at the Vangis armor and Berserker sword (as well as his other powerful weapons) until I reach 9-star quests :(

They list the mats to the far right... the weapons show up once you have the mats