becoming a gunner?

#1maguey68Posted 9/13/2013 6:40:25 PM
I need some advice here. I am HR 7 and I have just taken the past two months off because I just was feeling the drag. I have gone almost exclusively Dual blade and it is definitely my favorite melee weapon. Thing is: I want to try going gunner for a while--in particular I am thinking about going Bow. Anyways, what armor should I start out with? Thank you!!!
#2ssbmrocksPosted 9/13/2013 8:21:35 PM
If you just need a makeshift set to try Bows out, maybe try Narga Z. It's the only G Rank gunner set I have, as I haven't really gotten into gunning quite yet, but it's a good starter Bow set, imo.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#3JarickoPosted 9/14/2013 7:19:43 PM
Not really much i can recommend other then recoil if you intend to do something outside pellets and normal shots.

Recoil is one of the most beneficial skills you can have. I would take that over damage, especially if you have status shots.

Next up if you are running a heavy bowgun. Get evade extender. It will save your butt and it will make you more mobile.

Make sure if you are running in a group with heavy status to grab status up and if your running sleep bombadier.

Finally ill just recommend a few bowguns i like. You may like other bowguns, these are just personal choices.

The Jhen mohran line is pretty good. There is also the rust duramboros light bowgun, one of the better raw damage bowguns of the light line. The kettle is a high recommendation if your running in 3 - 4 man groups. Best status bowgun in the game. Not the best on damage but if the other 2-3 are making good use of the status effects it should be well worth it.

If you are lucky enough god's isle - god's archipelago are also pretty good.
---
Jaricko - Official Venustoise of the omniverse / bacon in the fridge for all those who cry out in hunger of the Gamefaq's 3ds boards.
#4ICBM_16Posted 9/24/2013 7:19:49 PM
Just a quick warning is all i can think of for advice: Being a gunner ain't easy or cheap, but once you get the hang of it its really rewarding.

Weapons and armor advice (in my gunning experience) is a dime a dozen. Its advice, take it in stride and find what works for your self.
---
Look out! Deviljho! 0_0
#5hansonchuehPosted 9/25/2013 3:01:55 AM
You know you can try gunning for free if you do the Arena quests.
---
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted
#6Holy_forksPosted 9/25/2013 3:36:14 AM
hansonchueh posted...

Arenas are a really bad indication of what using a weapon is like. Its even worse for gunners since arenas like to give you a gun+set combo that gives you high recoil on whatever is that guns main ammo. Or gives you a normal/pierce gun but only gives you pellet ammo.

My advice is make a bow/LBG/HBG, make sure its main attack isn't awful and just try a few low/high rank quests. You wont have to max out an armor set or invest into anything to rare and you still get a decent experience of what its like.
---
MH3U/NNID : Holyfork. The strongest coward
#7hansonchuehPosted 9/25/2013 3:55:38 AM
Holy_forks posted...
hansonchueh posted...

Arenas are a really bad indication of what using a weapon is like. Its even worse for gunners since arenas like to give you a gun+set combo that gives you high recoil on whatever is that guns main ammo. Or gives you a normal/pierce gun but only gives you pellet ammo.

My advice is make a bow/LBG/HBG, make sure its main attack isn't awful and just try a few low/high rank quests. You wont have to max out an armor set or invest into anything to rare and you still get a decent experience of what its like.

Actually, all Arena quests that have bowguns give you Normal 2 and/or 3 ammo in addition to whatever element or Pellet/Pierce/Crag the gun can use.
---
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted
#8spaceludesPosted 9/25/2013 4:38:51 AM
You all missed (except ssbm) the part where he said "--in particular I am thinking about going Bow".

Narga Z is a decent place to start at as it comes with Focus, Evasion+2 and Stam Rec Up on the full set. It also has 9 slots so you can gem a some decent skills.

Start with a raw bow that has power coats naturally. Level 2 and 3 charge shots will be your primary sources of damage.

Have fun messing around.
#9balarovianPosted 9/25/2013 10:42:09 AM
Jaricko posted...
Not really much i can recommend other then recoil if you intend to do something outside pellets and normal shots.

Recoil is one of the most beneficial skills you can have. I would take that over damage, especially if you have status shots.

Next up if you are running a heavy bowgun. Get evade extender. It will save your butt and it will make you more mobile.

Make sure if you are running in a group with heavy status to grab status up and if your running sleep bombadier.

Finally ill just recommend a few bowguns i like. You may like other bowguns, these are just personal choices.

The Jhen mohran line is pretty good. There is also the rust duramboros light bowgun, one of the better raw damage bowguns of the light line. The kettle is a high recommendation if your running in 3 - 4 man groups. Best status bowgun in the game. Not the best on damage but if the other 2-3 are making good use of the status effects it should be well worth it.

If you are lucky enough god's isle - god's archipelago are also pretty good.

What about narga HBG?
---
Nintendo I.D: balarov
Youtube/balarov