Capture Stacking

#1micgirk1Posted 10/20/2013 9:04:17 PM
I am under the impression that capturing more than one of the same monster does not increase capture rewards

I've searched through the board for an answer on this but online many people agree.

I'm just looking for some feedback on this so i don't feel like i'm spreading misinformation :3
---
SKI MASK (check) SAWN-OFF (check) GUILTY CONSCIENCE, FEAR OF DEATH (check, check, check)
#2DeadlySanityPosted 10/20/2013 10:38:31 PM
It was this way in MH3 for sure, I believe it would let you earn 3 or 4 cap rewards max. But with the absence of subquests and their reward space freed up, I wouldn't be surprised if they allowed for additional capture reward space.
#3tuffydogPosted 10/21/2013 5:20:32 AM
Capturing more of the same monster does seem to offer additional capture rewards. It should be easy to test by trying one of the triple monster advanced quests, capturing all three and counting the box contents.
#4Dark_JinougaPosted 10/21/2013 7:37:12 AM
It does AFAIK, 2 slots for each capture

triple plessy rewards if you capture must look awesome, 5 slots per plessy^^
---
Modern computers have the brainpower of lobotomized cockroaches
#5OxygenSupplyPosted 10/22/2013 6:23:14 AM
This screenshot was taken from the 3x Plesioth [Advanced] quest where I had the Capture Master armor skill activated (Tranquilzr +15) and captured all three Plesioth:
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/18/1367707357-capturemaster.jpg

I do not remember if we did break all parts of each one. On Plesioth, Head + Fin + Wings can be broken, and therefore a maximum of 9 blue boxes are filled by Break rewards.
That gives a minimum of 8 capture rewards (most likely there were 9 cap rewards + 8 break rewards because Capture Master guarantees 3 capture rewards per monster instead of the regular 2).

As you can see, several monsters are treated separately by the game when it comes to cap rewards, they don't affect each other. Maybe the only annoying thing in MH3U is that unlike MH3 both cap and break rewards are mixed together on the blue boxes so it makes it hard to know what items are break rewards and what items are cap rewards; in MH3 cap rewards were put further down, separated from break rewards.

So yes this is misinformation, you should generally not rely on “impressions”.

---
Ping's MH3G Dex: A comprehensive, convenient and accurate MH3U database for Windows/Android/iOS.
https://sites.google.com/site/pingsmh3gdex/
#6micgirk1(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 7:49:08 AM
OxygenSupply posted...
This screenshot was taken from the 3x Plesioth [Advanced] quest where I had the Capture Master armor skill activated (Tranquilzr +15) and captured all three Plesioth:

I do not remember if we did break all parts of each one. On Plesioth, Head + Fin + Wings can be broken, and therefore a maximum of 9 blue boxes are filled by Break rewards.
That gives a minimum of 8 capture rewards (most likely there were 9 cap rewards + 8 break rewards because Capture Master guarantees 3 capture rewards per monster instead of the regular 2).

As you can see, several monsters are treated separately by the game when it comes to cap rewards, they don't affect each other. Maybe the only annoying thing in MH3U is that unlike MH3 both cap and break rewards are mixed together on the blue boxes so it makes it hard to know what items are break rewards and what items are cap rewards; in MH3 cap rewards were put further down, separated from break rewards.

Awesome dude that's exactly what i was looking for, thank you for taking time to test it.
---
SKI MASK (check) SAWN-OFF (check) GUILTY CONSCIENCE, FEAR OF DEATH (check, check, check)
#7DeadlySanityPosted 10/22/2013 8:27:54 AM
OxygenSupply posted...

Very nice to see my that my random theory was right! Thanks for educating us all. ^_^
#8JamesBontPosted 10/22/2013 11:14:32 AM
"Pierre de Wyvern" - did you somehow get a wyvern peter?
#9OxygenSupplyPosted 10/23/2013 2:04:34 AM
JamesBont posted...
"Pierre de Wyvern" - did you somehow get a wyvern peter?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_%28name%29
Peter is a common masculine given name. It is derived, via Latin "petra", from the Greek word "petros" meaning "stone" or "rock".

---
Ping's MH3G Dex: A comprehensive, convenient and accurate MH3U database for Windows/Android/iOS.
https://sites.google.com/site/pingsmh3gdex/
#10PhoenixWroggiPosted 10/23/2013 5:09:32 AM
Rewards in the break/capture part of the reward screen can overlap. If you capture a monster you get 2 capture rewards, minimum. I don't know if there is the possibility of getting more even without Tranquilizer skill. However, if you capture two monsters, you might only get 3 capture reward, beause one of them overlapped. This is relatively random. Break rewards is the same. If you do a quest with a Diablos and a Black Diablos, you might only get one break reward even if you break the horns on both of them.
---
"Lupus! Is it lupus?" -George Costanza
"It's never lupus." -Dr. Gregory House