Frickin Nargacuga Mantles...

#1TheDebaucheryPosted 10/23/2013 1:56:40 PM
For three days (or at least the evenings) I've been farming Nargacugas, normal and green, in G rank....
Three days and I've accumulated all sorts of furry crap and claws.... not to mention tons of medullas....

But not one single Mantle.

So there I was doing the "Silent but Deadly" quest... nearly finished. I'd actually managed to carve a Mantle from the first Green Narga. My first ever Mantle...
And what happens?

MY CONSOLE CRASHES.

No death. No disconnect. Nothing that would let me keep the mantle.
My Wii U did its very best Windows 98 impression and freakin CRASHED.
Mantle lost.
Group disbanded.
All my efforts for nothing.
I have a pile of about 60 heavy narga claws and not a single freakin Mantle.

... This game can be REALLY frustrating sometimes.

tl;dr version : FML.
#2Pokerkid777Posted 10/23/2013 2:47:16 PM
stop whining noob and get gud bk
---
Tennis is the sport for gods I tell you. MOTHER****ING GODS!
#3balarovianPosted 10/23/2013 2:57:33 PM
Im having trouble getting lagi mantles in my save.I got 11 narga mantles that I don't need while I was farming lucy. Only if capcom allowed rare drop trade for the ultra unlucky players.
---
Nintendo I.D: balarov
Youtube/balarov
#4TheDebauchery(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 3:04:29 PM
Pokerkid777 posted...
stop whining noob and get gud bk

It makes noises, but are those noises communication? Is it capable of real speech?
Will we ever know?

Unlikely.

Anyway.... I fought a Lucent with a half-competent team. Didn't help that I had nothing better to fall back on than my GKD and Giggi X ... as the OTHER Nargas are weak against Lightning... while Lucy is immune to it.
... Got a random disconnect near the end of the battle though.
THAT is it for the day.
My thumb hurts and my patience is wafer-thin.
#5laughingmedsPosted 10/23/2013 3:10:10 PM
Duty's Call- high Nargacuga and Lagiacrus mantle reward rate

L. Nargacuga- grind for moonshards and you'll be puking mantles when you're done

Forest Folly- 3 Nargacugas, easy to kill, break face, cut tails, etc.

The one with Nargacuga and G. Nargacuga on D. Isle is supposed to be good for mantles (I think that might be the one you did)

Remember to break the face and cut the tail. If you are hunting in a group, slap Carving Master onto a set... or just use Lucent's.
---
/(-_-)o Because it is not is not enough
o(l) // to merely tell you that I am facepalming.
#6TheDebauchery(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 3:21:51 PM
laughingmeds posted...
Duty's Call- high Nargacuga and Lagiacrus mantle reward rate

L. Nargacuga- grind for moonshards and you'll be puking mantles when you're done

Forest Folly- 3 Nargacugas, easy to kill, break face, cut tails, etc.

The one with Nargacuga and G. Nargacuga on D. Isle is supposed to be good for mantles (I think that might be the one you did)

Remember to break the face and cut the tail. If you are hunting in a group, slap Carving Master onto a set... or just use Lucent's.

The one I was doing was Silent but Deadly... the mission with two Green Nargas.... and probably my best chance at mantles assuming I'm using my Arko Tri (Y) + Giggi Z setup .... which is faster than my GDK + Giggi X (yes, I have both giggi outfits) ....
I broke the face every time through virtue of the fact that the Nargas really really like to attack me in particular. They harass me endlessly, despite the others wailing on them from behind.

The Lucent though.... is a bit tough for my current equipment options. At least without a rather good team. I do intend to farm it once I've finished the last piece of my Lagi armour (assuming I can gem both Evasion and Bombardier onto it without running out of slots).... or maybe just G.Narga gear... who knows?
#7ragnarok183Posted 10/23/2013 4:43:22 PM
if you have access to l.narg, you'll get a ton of mantles trying to get moonshards
also, narg-related epic quests like "triple threat" and "duty's call" seem to give rare drops (such as a narg mantle, in this case) in the rewards more often than other quests
#8laughingmedsPosted 10/23/2013 5:00:45 PM
I did Duty's Call and Forest Folly to see what type of times you could expect solo (also to see if I've gotten rusty with those quests) to help you decide whether to do group runs or not. However, the accuracy may be iffy since I used melee, and armor mixes you likely don't have at that.

DC- 18:13
Sol Prominence
instant mantle

FF- 19.09
Spectral Demolisher (tanked many hits, carted once)
instant mantle

did a bunch of Lucent runs this week~15min
several mantles

I also did DC with the Miralis bow in~22min a couple weeks ago, if that suits you. If people are carting for Lucent, ask them to try to be more careful or bring a (slime) gunlance. If they are confused, explain what what perma-blocking and poking is. This should still improve time, unless they don't even block-poke, in which case... kick feature.

Good luck with your mantle hunt.
---
/(-_-)o Because it is not is not enough
o(l) // to merely tell you that I am facepalming.
#9hadiwinataPosted 10/23/2013 7:26:15 PM
Shiny runs on lucent you will get tons of mantle. and you dont need to have a group. Can do it solo
---
my friend is really stupid that when he fills a form, under SEX: he filled in YES PLEASE ..........>__
#10G3neric_UserPosted 10/23/2013 11:58:36 PM
Narga's are best fought solo, imo. It doesn't even matter, which weapon type you use, they almost kill themselves... And they don't jump away from you as frequently.
---
A Oatrige mid am Bugl und an sechzehna Blech bitte!
So, und wer das versteht darf sich gerne auf selbiges mit mir treffen. Vor allem auf Letzteres.