Just picked this up recently.

#1Numbuh100Posted 10/27/2013 4:23:58 PM
Carving for items, do items not appear all the time within a monster? I've found like 1 raw meat so far in one of those weak dinosaurs and no items in like the next 4 I killed.
---
The prophecy is that if Red Sox is going to their World Series, Patriots will head to their following Super Bowl.
#2Morpheus LyricPosted 10/27/2013 5:17:54 PM
You must not have gotten to them in time. carve immediately, they disappear after a relatively short time.
#3Numbuh100(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 5:33:01 PM
How do I carve? Do I just keep mashing A to hack and slash?
---
The prophecy is that if Red Sox is going to their World Series, Patriots will head to their following Super Bowl.
#4CmaBoyPosted 10/27/2013 6:46:12 PM
Numbuh100 posted...

Carving is just gathering monster materials. Kill the Aptonoth (large dinosaur thing), unsheathe your weapon, then stand over it and press A. If it says "Nothing found.", the corpse probably disappeared before you actually received the item.

Some monsters have more than one item to carve, and they'll often be different items.
---
Brasparo: 4167-4596-2791
#5genocidekarmaPosted 10/28/2013 3:23:15 AM
CmaBoy posted...
Numbuh100 posted...

Carving is just gathering monster materials. Kill the Aptonoth (large dinosaur thing), sheathe your weapon, then stand over it and press A. If it says "Nothing found.", the corpse probably disappeared before you actually received the item.

Some monsters have more than one item to carve, and they'll often be different items.

Edited it. You have to put your weapon away before you can carve anything.
---
PSN ID: ShinjukuBabel/NNID: DarksideBlues
Currently playing WWHD, MH3U, Soul Sacrifice, Killzone: Mercenary
#6CmaBoyPosted 10/28/2013 12:40:05 PM
genocidekarma posted...
Edited it. You have to put your weapon away before you can carve anything.

Derp, my bad.

Smaller monsters do fade away pretty fast though, so if you kill a lot at once it might be tough to gather all of the materials before they start disappearing during the carve animation. Large (boss) monsters stay for about a minute, but have more/better carves so you still want to be quick.
---
Brasparo: 4167-4596-2791
#7flanqerPosted 10/28/2013 1:53:55 PM
CmaBoy posted...
Smaller monsters do fade away pretty fast though, so if you kill a lot at once it might be tough to gather all of the materials before they start disappearing during the carve animation. Large (boss) monsters stay for about a minute, but have more/better carves so you still want to be quick.

On the other hand, there's no hurry with severed parts because they don't disappear until the monster does. If you manage to cut off a tail, you can wait until the monster dies or flees the area before you carve it. Just remember to carve it before you chase after the monster, or you may find yourself unable to get back to it in time.
#8Numbuh100(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 3:04:16 PM
Okay, I'll try this out.
---