Will they ever have a Gun Sword?

#11Turok4t9Posted 11/2/2013 7:41:25 AM
I'm hoping more for a ripoff of the bug stick that takes a queue from the hammer's 'heads on sticks' theme. Agile stick fighting that utilizes monsters breath weapons more directly. Close-to-mid range weapon alternating between staff smacks and pure element 'breath' techniques. It could fill the 'mage' role while staying completely magic-free and believable with ingame concepts already in use.

Though I wouldn't complain about gunblades.
---
Born to hunt Monsters that look like dinosaurs.
#12mattfrankPosted 11/3/2013 6:54:30 AM
So...when are poeple gonna bring up Whip Sword??A tool largely known as the weapon used by IVY from Soul Calibur series??

We've seen enough Gunblade-like weapons in many games since it's debut on FFVIII,It's getting old and unexciting now.

Weapon ideas in recent MH titles has been very creative and original.
Just take a look at the new weapons design in MH4,the Charge Axe and the Bug Staff are both unique yet out of everyone's imagination radar.
I could only see bringing Gunblade in MH as lazy,unimagnative and reductant as CA plays just like a slower SnS.

If Capcom sticks to the old tradition,the next new weapon would be a variation of BS or probably a new type of ranged weapon we have never seen before.
---
FC:Bafflin 0533-4048-3637
#13Jake JohnsonPosted 11/5/2013 3:30:51 AM
Wouldn't a "Gun Sword" also be called a "bowgun with a bayonette?"
---
3DS FC: 5069-4018-8209
#14NJWrasslerPosted 11/7/2013 5:25:56 PM
I always thought like this- two types of lances, two types of firearms, SnS and dual swords.... So many types of swords.....why can I not have a big ol axe like the hammer? The charge attack could be a jump in the air with a mighty swing downward, and it could have a blunt end to it so when you hit + you reverse how you hold it and do some impact damage. Don't get me wrong, the switch axe is fine, but it feels lighter than what I am imagining here.
#15Legendary_MusasPosted 11/12/2013 7:32:07 AM
Sword and Lance like Hilde from Soul Caliber would be a good versatile weapon.

I also would love to see a ball and chain like in Zelda Twilight Princess, you fling it around above your head and thwonk monsters with it. Like a ranged Hammer.
---
A__A
(o'_.'o)
#16DeadlySanityPosted 11/12/2013 9:11:11 AM
NJWrassler posted...
I always thought like this- two types of lances, two types of firearms, SnS and dual swords.... So many types of swords.....why can I not have a big ol axe like the hammer? The charge attack could be a jump in the air with a mighty swing downward, and it could have a blunt end to it so when you hit + you reverse how you hold it and do some impact damage. Don't get me wrong, the switch axe is fine, but it feels lighter than what I am imagining here.

Have you tried the Great Sword??

Legendary_Musas posted...
I also would love to see a ball and chain like in Zelda Twilight Princess, you fling it around above your head and thwonk monsters with it. Like a ranged Hammer.

Hmm....
---
"the fish mongress algorithm seems to be very very secret." - XDaWNeDX
#17GoldenFox98Posted 11/13/2013 3:26:40 PM
TheDebauchery posted...
No.
Just no.

This game series has got silly enough already.... Underwater archery for 50 minutes? REALLY?!

Actually utilising more proper weapons would probably be a better plan.

One thing I appreciated about the Phantasy Star games were the polearms. Heck, people took the piss out of me in Phantasy Star Online for going Bluful and using the Imperial Pick... but I loved that weapon! Loved my King Bar Staff in I&II on the Gamecube too.
Lances in this game don't really cover it.... to say nothing of the silliness of gunlances. The closest I have is the Yan Yue Dao in the Longsword line....

... Actually, something like the Lavis Cannon would be forgiveable.

Polearms were outclassed by Swords (not to be confused with Sabers) and the only class that might get use out of Polearms were better served by Spread Shots. Disregard Melee Forces, they just stuck to the gimmick rifles and a Charge Vulcan. Double Sabers in general are useless when compared to the utility and DPS of Charge Vulcans, which are the easiest psuedo rare you can get your hands on. Also lol Holy Trinity > everything else.
---
Rainbow dolphins that leap out from a cloud of confetti?
Brilliant! - wikido