Playing Around with Shakalaka Mask Abilities and...

#1DeadlySanityPosted 11/2/2013 7:46:26 PM
I noticed raw damage is halved when you attach an elemental or status ability. And elemental ability only adds 1/4th of your original raw (1/2 of your new lowered raw).

So am I correct in assuming the elemental mask abilities are actually a hindrance, rather than a buff? It seems like a such a weird thing for Capcom to implement.
#2XDaWNeDXPosted 11/2/2013 7:50:10 PM
You are entirely correct. Elemental has less power, and ends up dealing less damage with the damage multipliers.

Elemental abilities are useless on the shakalakas. However; STATUS abilities are not. They deal status, which can be really nice. Though generally attack boosting + slime is going to be best for abilities.
#3CmaBoyPosted 11/3/2013 5:45:37 AM
There's also Element Attack Up which can be combined with Attack Up and whatever element you want, but it would seem that way. I think the idea is that while monsters have a couple really weak points for physical damage, element hitzones are more often spread out--and since the Shakalaka kids are kind of idiots compared to human players when it comes to targeting specific hitzones, they won't be wasting so much damage output when they randomly hit monsters' strong points. At least that's my theory why, though it probably doesn't actually work out so well in practice.
---
Brasparo: 4167-4596-2791
#4TheDebaucheryPosted 11/3/2013 7:46:46 AM
Right. Don't bother with elements.

Slime is fine though.
But is the shaka Bombardier skill worthwhile with Slime?
#5LokarinPosted 11/3/2013 9:07:32 AM
It's worth it anyways since the shakas often will double up any barrel bombs you place
---
This message has been brought to you by salt.
"Salt cures Everything!"
#6XDaWNeDXPosted 11/3/2013 1:42:29 PM
Lokarin posted...
It's worth it anyways since the shakas often will double up any barrel bombs you place

Yes, the shakalakas themselves are useful, but putting elemental abilities on them is not.
#7derekfishbowlPosted 11/12/2013 6:35:39 PM
I think elementals are useful if you know which monsters are weak to which elements. For example, if you use fire and elemental attack up abilities against a Lagiacrus, it's more powerful than the standard attack without elementals.

If you don't know the monster's weakness, it's probably best not to use elementals.
---
Sony's E3 2013 megaton (courtesy of Megaman Omega):
http://img248.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=350248936_strengthmitten_122_82lo.jpg
#8DeadlySanity(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 11:18:14 PM
derekfishbowl posted...
I think elementals are useful if you know which monsters are weak to which elements. For example, if you use fire and elemental attack up abilities against a Lagiacrus, it's more powerful than the standard attack without elementals.

If you read the thread, you'll realize this is exactly what I'm saying is false. You'd expect it to be true, but it seems like it's not.
---
"the fish mongress algorithm seems to be very very secret." - XDaWNeDX