What is a good Dual Swords armor progression?

#11hadiwinataPosted 11/6/2013 8:05:06 PM
it's no use arguing about a great blademaster armor set to a full time long bow user.....Im just gonna walk away now. ~_^
---
my friend is really stupid that when he fills a form, under SEX: he filled in YES PLEASE ..........>__
#12TheDebaucheryPosted 11/7/2013 3:01:49 PM
hadiwinata posted...
it's no use arguing about a great blademaster armor set to a full time long bow user.....Im just gonna walk away now. ~_^

I bow in groups.
I DB solo.
Dual Blades are my melee weapon of choice.

Just because I prefer my bows these days doesn't mean I don't know DB... v_v;

I just don't have the same frantic need to extend my sharpness duration at the expense of other, more useful stuff... plus the blades I use the most now are the Fistolution... (pretty long purple bar with Handicraft active anyway).
Now Evasion is a skill I won't go without unless I absolutely have to.
#13hadiwinataPosted 11/7/2013 7:23:10 PM
some people prefer to up their damage rather than use defensive skills. but again, razor sharp is still a very good skill. because those times you run away to another map or away from the monsters to sharpen and then get hit, chug pots etc can be used to actually do more damage.

I use every weapon except for the hunting horn because i completely suck with it, and i can tell you that yamato prime is a great blademaster armor with flexibility as to what skills you can put in because of the double 000 slots
---
my friend is really stupid that when he fills a form, under SEX: he filled in YES PLEASE ..........>__
#14hadiwinataPosted 11/7/2013 7:26:24 PM
and it's also a great armor choice for one of the highes damaging dual blade in the game. the Bushido.

crazy long purple sharpness with handicraft, and with razor sharp you might sharpen only once or none at all during quest....ad in awaken and probably bombardier and you are good to go.

that is provided you can make do without evade or earplugs
---
#15TheDebaucheryPosted 11/7/2013 7:59:29 PM
hadiwinata posted...
and it's also a great armor choice for one of the highes damaging dual blade in the game. the Bushido.

crazy long purple sharpness with handicraft, and with razor sharp you might sharpen only once or none at all during quest....ad in awaken and probably bombardier and you are good to go.

that is provided you can make do without evade or earplugs

I've still not yet figured out how to even MAKE Bushido ...
Kiranico is.... less than helpful in that particular case.

But I'm not deathly concerned. There are plenty of other nice DBs...

hadiwinata posted...
some people prefer to up their damage rather than use defensive skills. but again, razor sharp is still a very good skill. because those times you run away to another map or away from the monsters to sharpen and then get hit, chug pots etc can be used to actually do more damage.

The whole "offense is the best defense" strategy tends to work better against weaker monsters.
If you're going to end up dead due to a stun or an unfortunate air-juggle... it ain't worth it.

As for those times when I've DBed with other players... I don't map to chug pots, to eat stakes nor even to sharpen blades. I almost always wait for the moment where the monster turns its attention away from me... because I know it will go through a whole attack sequence (usually away from me) before it even thinks to look at me again.
About the only one I definitely can't consistently do that with is Diablos / B.Diablos ... on account of the whole rampaging back and forth constantly. Even the Raths give me enough time to sharpen, and that is without the sharpener skill.
#16hadiwinataPosted 11/8/2013 4:22:44 AM
a lot of my arguments come from when you are soloing. as if you are playing with 3 other people....it really does not matter what you don or the weapon you use. everything dies easily.

most of the time i use joke weapons or even plain bone greaves, fango mask and a fango lance trolling my team mates to hell and back when playing in group. yet still easy wins.

it's when you dont have the options to have people around. it becomes really really good to not have to sharpen your weapons all the time.

and when you are not in groups, again....offense sometimes is the best defense as you can run out of healing items if the fight drags on.

again, any kind of arguments over what's the best this and that becomes kinda pointless when fighting in group, as it's not even necesary to have optimal equipments....hell a 4 person spamming kelbow on brachydios still wins....2 of my friends fights a frikin rathalos with azurerathling lbg and i use a hammer, we still win.

but when soloing, it's a whole different ball game.
---