D. Island's only for rec points?

#1UnknownAlmightyPosted 11/7/2013 3:36:19 PM
I got lucky and got something that gave me 1,000 rec points once and that help pay for a few quests. THen all of a sudden, after being low and out of rec points from lots of ships and gardening, I got 4 quests with each for a lot of rec.

So my question is, do I ever get to free roam the other areas for rec points or am I stuck killing large prey in D. Island for more rec? I'm kind of tired of that area, since everything you could gather there is low tier and not as rewarding. I guess maybe I should be ignoring mining/gathering and just go for the large beast kills for faster rec. ;/
#2Holy_forksPosted 11/7/2013 4:25:20 PM
Quests give Zennies not ressources.

When you reach High rank you unlock moga woods at night. Almost every HR quest unlocks a new monster to appear randomly in moga woods at night. The area is the same but you get monsters that dont/shouldn't appear in moga woods, like Uragaan.

Honestly as far as endgame Rec farming goes doing runs of plessi or simply mining runs in Grank volcano then trading those for it.
---
MH3U/NNID : holyfork 3DS FC:1504-5787-9398 Pidgey, Tranquil, Fletchinder
#3flanqerPosted 11/7/2013 5:52:51 PM
They're resource points and villager requests, not rec points and quests. ("rec" could be an abbreviation for words like recreation and recovery, but not resource.)

You cannot earn resource points for hunting anywhere other than Moga Woods (which is what that map is called when you're NOT on a quest), but there are items that can be converted to resources, and you can get them during quests in other maps. For example if you get a Duramboros Hump during a hunting quest, Junior can convert it to 1500 resource points. Talk to Junior to see the full list.
#4hansonchuehPosted 11/7/2013 6:05:50 PM
Best source for resource points is Lava Nuggets from Uragaan or just converting zennies to resource by buying a lot of half-priced Ice Crystals from the old lady and sell it to junior.
---
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted
#5SythaWarriorPosted 11/7/2013 6:56:15 PM
I do Plessie Fang+s since I get so many of them.
---
Whatever...
#6UnknownAlmighty(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 8:32:19 AM
flanqer posted...
They're resource points and villager requests, not rec points and quests. ("rec" could be an abbreviation for words like recreation and recovery, but not resource.)

You cannot earn resource points for hunting anywhere other than Moga Woods (which is what that map is called when you're NOT on a quest), but there are items that can be converted to resources, and you can get them during quests in other maps. For example if you get a Duramboros Hump during a hunting quest, Junior can convert it to 1500 resource points. Talk to Junior to see the full list.

Okay thanks for the correction. I don't know why I used rec, I thought the game used rec but it's only rc without the e? lol My bad.

Okay I had made another topic on 3rd forum and both these were very helpful. I'm only on V4 and don't have access to High Rank(thanks also for the tips on what and where resource points are earned). I didn't know I would get a night time village or a 'High Rank' status.

Cool so that Moga Woods will end up having different mobs from other areas. Nice!