So I Just Hit HR3 Online, What Now?

#1asher1611Posted 11/23/2013 12:35:39 PM
I am still on 5* quests offline. Should I do that and farm some of the easier hard rank gear, or should I stick with online stuff and keep progressing that way? I use a hammer right now, but unfortunately my Lagi armor set seems to be like tissue paper against the hard rank monsters. Should I backtrack, go online, and try and get a Jaggi+ set or should I stick with it and try and get some P. Ludroth groups going?
#2G3neric_UserPosted 11/23/2013 12:47:46 PM
Progress in the village, since the farm is almost a necessity, and the fisherboats can bring you an exclusive item needed for a good armour piece. Besides, try making Volvidon S, it has good defense as well as AuM and Evasion +1, which might help you out a lot early mid-game. It is one of these standard armours in HR for literally any weapon class.
---
A Oatrige mid am Bugl und an sechzehna Blech bitte!
So, und wer das versteht darf sich gerne auf selbiges mit mir treffen. Vor allem auf Letzteres.
#3asher1611(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 3:57:51 PM
G3neric_User posted...
Progress in the village, since the farm is almost a necessity, and the fisherboats can bring you an exclusive item needed for a good armour piece. Besides, try making Volvidon S, it has good defense as well as AuM and Evasion +1, which might help you out a lot early mid-game. It is one of these standard armours in HR for literally any weapon class.

Thanks for the feedback. What should I be looking out with the fishing boats?
#4tocacola123Posted 11/23/2013 4:40:31 PM
shards and fragments from the treasure fleet
#5UlNinPosted 11/23/2013 8:41:07 PM
Fleet can be maxed with 4* Rare Commodities, already available to TC since he is at end of Village Low Rank. Daytime Moga hunt Lagi drops 4*.

Fastest progression at this point would be Port quests. TC is looking for Advanced Armor Spheres. I would try to get to HR 4 for access to High Rank Volcano Harvest Tour and Hard Armor Spheres. Either that or pick a High Rank set to go for and complete it.
---
Confession Time: I am a button masher
#6DeadlySanityPosted 11/23/2013 9:19:58 PM
Definitely definitely do offline first.

People who do their first playthrough online are just always terrible. Probably because they usually let 1-3 HR50+'s carry them through the game, never developing even the basic skills needed for some of G Rank.

... plus there's a good chance you'll find the strategy of playing a 1-2 players match to be much more entertaining than cheesing the game with 4.
---
"the fish mongress algorithm seems to be very very secret." - XDaWNeDX
#7EssanessPosted 11/24/2013 3:36:19 AM
I would definitely do village first as mentioned above. However your only one hunter rank away from Brachydios mio.

You can in fact join Brachydios quests at HR3, it may be a bit tough but you could very easily then create a Dios Tailhammer which would make offline a lot easier for you.
#8DeadlySanityPosted 11/24/2013 2:31:54 PM
Essaness posted...
I would definitely do village first as mentioned above. However your only one hunter rank away from Brachydios mio.

You can in fact join Brachydios quests at HR3, it may be a bit tough but you could very easily then create a Dios Tailhammer which would make offline a lot easier for you.

Sounds like a crutch to me.

Please stop using crutches people! Don't be afraid to die, or take 30 minutes for a mission, or (god forbid) do some research on effective playstyles and enemy weaknesses. You might find that this game has a whole new level of depth you weren't aware of.

Challenge and study are the quintessential aspects of improvement.
---
"the fish mongress algorithm seems to be very very secret." - XDaWNeDX
#9EssanessPosted 11/24/2013 6:12:46 PM
DeadlySanity posted...

Challenge and study are the quintessential aspects of improvement.

Whilst village solo play is there to help hone your playing skills, i was simply pointing out that as a new player a slime weapon is going to be of benefit to him this early on in the game.

At village 5* his weapon choice is going to be slim, His pool of elemental, raw and status weapons are going to be limited.