Which is better?

#1Deathscythex01Posted 11/29/2013 11:43:20 PM
For elemental weapons. Raw dmg, ele dmg, or a balance of both? For example which would be better to use Premium Hairblade 627 atk 540 water or Kibamaru 726 atk 180 water. (premium has blue sharpness and kiba has purple)
#2Village IdiotPosted 11/30/2013 12:37:08 AM
Depends on the monster.

Also note that monsters have different weak points against elemental dmg.
---
PSN - Zaphikl
Now Playing - Mana Khemia~Student Alliance, Project Diva F, Tales of Xillia, Spelunky, Teleglitch
#3Deathscythex01(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 1:11:57 AM
Village Idiot posted...
Depends on the monster.

Also note that monsters have different weak points against elemental dmg.

I understand that, but what I was trying to say was in general what does one look for in an elemental weapon, raw, element, or a balance of both; which is also why I compared Premium Hairblade and Kibamaru.
#4FrozenskiesPosted 11/30/2013 6:23:50 AM
If you use sharp +1 you get purple on premium hairblade and because a Longsword has a fast combo rate the element does alot of damage
---
~FrostBite~
#5AlxCjPosted 11/30/2013 6:44:33 AM
If you are going to use it on Monsters that are weak to water, Then it's better The Premium Hairblade(Because it has the highest water damage)
#6Holy_forksPosted 11/30/2013 9:10:17 AM
Even on something very weak to water 300~ water wont do as much as 100 raw and a better sharpness. Premium hairblade is a HR weapon while kibamaru is Grank
---
MH3U/NNID : holyfork 3DS FC:1504-5787-9398 Pidgey, Tranquil, Fletchinder
#7FrozenskiesPosted 11/30/2013 9:51:37 AM
Holy_forks posted...
Even on something very weak to water 300~ water wont do as much as 100 raw and a better sharpness. Premium hairblade is a HR weapon while kibamaru is Grank

Premium Hairblade is rare 9 so it's G-Rank
---
~FrostBite~
#8UlNinPosted 11/30/2013 10:15:10 AM
Holy_forks posted...

Both longswords are RARE 9.

Kibamaru comes wwith natural Purple Sharpness and 20 Affinity. Hairblade has a slot.

Versus things with significant elemental weakness, that extra water damage is going to be noticeable. That said, for anyone who thinks asking for a general rule of thumb about which approach is always better - that person is better off with raw plus sharp. The attitude implied by the question is one that prizes general application over high performance in specific situations. TC should go with raw plus sharp.

Anyways, just to finish off the assertion that 100 Raw always beats 300 Water - caveat being that the damage formula for 3U isn't figured out yet so I'm using Tri's numbers - let's take Uragaan's chin and not include any Defense modifier.

Pre-break the chin is 0.19 vs Raw and 0.4 vs Water. An unsheathe attack at Yellow has a multiplier of 0.3. The longsword class modifier is 3.3. 100 extra raw will do 100/3.3*0.3*0.19 = about 1.8 more damage. 300 water will do 300*0.1*0.4 = 12 more damage. Water wins handily.

Even post-break when the multipliers go to 0.55 Raw and 0.2 water. Unsheathe attack still. 100 raw no does almost 5 extra damage and the extra Water does 6 extra. A lot closer but Water still has a slight edge.

Now it's possible that 3U has changed the damage formula by enough to make elemental damage completely moot, but I kinda doubt it.
---
Confession Time: I am a button masher
#9Deathscythex01(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 8:23:28 PM
UlNin posted...
Holy_forks posted...

Both longswords are RARE 9.

Kibamaru comes wwith natural Purple Sharpness and 20 Affinity. Hairblade has a slot.

Versus things with significant elemental weakness, that extra water damage is going to be noticeable. That said, for anyone who thinks asking for a general rule of thumb about which approach is always better - that person is better off with raw plus sharp. The attitude implied by the question is one that prizes general application over high performance in specific situations. TC should go with raw plus sharp.

Anyways, just to finish off the assertion that 100 Raw always beats 300 Water - caveat being that the damage formula for 3U isn't figured out yet so I'm using Tri's numbers - let's take Uragaan's chin and not include any Defense modifier.

Pre-break the chin is 0.19 vs Raw and 0.4 vs Water. An unsheathe attack at Yellow has a multiplier of 0.3. The longsword class modifier is 3.3. 100 extra raw will do 100/3.3*0.3*0.19 = about 1.8 more damage. 300 water will do 300*0.1*0.4 = 12 more damage. Water wins handily.

Even post-break when the multipliers go to 0.55 Raw and 0.2 water. Unsheathe attack still. 100 raw no does almost 5 extra damage and the extra Water does 6 extra. A lot closer but Water still has a slight edge.

Now it's possible that 3U has changed the damage formula by enough to make elemental damage completely moot, but I kinda doubt it.

Actually I prefer high performance I was asking in general terms what do people online prefer. Although you're right the way I asked is of someone asking for a general rule of thumb and should go with raw and sharp that's my mistake I phrased my question wrongly.
#10hadiwinataPosted 12/1/2013 1:17:49 AM
Get the jade vagalhao instead
---
my friend is really stupid that when he fills a form, under SEX: he filled in YES PLEASE ..........>__