Best Low Rank equipments

#1AlxCjPosted 12/2/2013 12:33:08 PM
I want to craft the best set for each weapon type from every Rank (Low / High / G).

Im going to start with the Low Rank ones. So, wich armor is the best for each weapon type in low Rank? I would prefer if all the pieces are from the same Monster so it doesn't look weird when you wear it.

P.S. I don't like Bowguns (Heavy and light) nor Switch axes. so i won't be crafting armor for this ones
#2dogbertiusPosted 12/2/2013 2:50:03 PM
Well, if you are planning on mixed sets, the MHAG tool can calculate this for you based on the skills you find desirable. Personally, I got through LR and HR with a GS and LR Jaggi gear, and later upgraded to LR Diablos gear, which is awesome for a GS user.
#3IceMage88Posted 12/2/2013 3:01:20 PM
AlxCj posted...
I want to craft the best set for each weapon type from every Rank (Low / High / G).

Im going to start with the Low Rank ones. So, wich armor is the best for each weapon type in low Rank? I would prefer if all the pieces are from the same Monster so it doesn't look weird when you wear it.

P.S. I don't like Bowguns (Heavy and light) nor Switch axes. so i won't be crafting armor for this ones

Well, if you actually want the "Best" armor for each weapon type, but don't want pieces to be from different monsters you're sort of out of luck. So many people dislike mixing armor, but the outcome is pretty much always better.

When it comes to low rank, in my opinion the best for each weapon type is:

SnS: Gigganox (I like status SnS)
DS: Volvidon
LS: Wroggi (Razor Sharp)
GS: Diablos (Mostly Focus)
Hammer: Rathalos (AuM)
HH: Bone
Lance: Barroth
GL: Agnaktor (IIRC, shelling takes off a lot of sharpness)
Bow: Volvidon? (It has some nice skills, I never Bow)

I tried to use a different armor for each blademaster weapon, not sure about the bow as I have basically no experience with that weapon. If you are allowing duplicates it probably turns into:

Does it block?: Agnaktor
Like Attack up?: Rathalos
Like Evasion?:Volvidon
Don't like sharpening often?: Wroggi

Its kind of hard to choose a "best" for most of them. Especially since most people just jaggi/wroggi through low rank, and if they don't they tend to use volvidon.
#4AlxCj(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 4:54:38 PM
So, as im going to make a Sns from each element and status, and the LR one that is best at just raw damage, so the Giggi armor won't work. so i supose the Barroth/Agnaktor armor will work for SnS too?
#5dogbertiusPosted 12/2/2013 5:34:23 PM
Yeah, guess I'm a bit of a sucker too for the aesthetics of a set. Mixed sets tend to make you look like a homless person online. And unless I'm in a G-rank only room, I suspect the hunter is lazy or inept. So many times I see someone with a mixed set at HR50+, only to see zero armor skills, or even negative skills on the set.

I miss how in MH3 you could mix a LR and HR set for amazing results. Helios/Selene LR/HR gear eventually gave:
Sharpness +1
HG Earplugs
Autotracker
Capture Guru
Critical Draw

With the help of a CritDraw+7/Perception+10 very lucky charm.
#6IceMage88Posted 12/2/2013 10:06:14 PM
AlxCj posted...
So, as im going to make a Sns from each element and status, and the LR one that is best at just raw damage, so the Giggi armor won't work. so i supose the Barroth/Agnaktor armor will work for SnS too?

My only real experience using SnS comes from Tri, but I guess what I said was kinda of misleading. When I said weapons that could block, I only really meant Lance and GL, not GS or SnS. Blocking for either of those weapons is a last resort.

If you don't like gigganox for SnS, I would probably just go rathalos for AuM/Speed Sharpening or volvidon for AuS/Evasion +1.