Suggestion request for general purpose bow

#1dogbertiusPosted 12/2/2013 2:46:53 PM
I'm high rank and will soon be G rank, and am about to start building a bow set. Played MH3 for 600+ hours, so I'm no slouch at this game.

What's a high rank bow set I should start putting together for a general purpose set. I personally hate sleep and stun bombing due to the time and money invested, and was wondering if it's possible to have a non elemental non status set that has good DPS. From what I've gathered from other threads, I might just go the Dios route with a pierce up, focus, and load up skills for the extra charge level. I also will gem in capture guru so I can warn my team not to kill the target by accident.

Any suggestions or criticism? The concensus seems to be that I should have a status set and one elemental bow for each type of element. Is this the case, and I'm just attempting to ice skate uphill here?

Also, why is there a distaste for the Kelli bow on this forum? Is it OP, overused, etc?

Thank you.
#2hadiwinataPosted 12/2/2013 3:07:50 PM
Brachy bow is the only other option if you dislike the kelbi bow
---
my friend is really stupid that when he fills a form, under SEX: he filled in YES PLEASE ..........>__
#3TheSteelPhoenixPosted 12/2/2013 3:13:52 PM
Not a bad way to go.Slime works on everything so if you want a "general purpose" set, it's the way to go. They also tend to be sharp as hell and highest atk power for their weapon type. Just know that the slime element starts losing effectiveness as you head into G rank.
---
GameFAQs: 99% is 100% if 1% is hard. -Nano Kitsune
#4AlxCjPosted 12/2/2013 4:42:32 PM
TheSteelPhoenix posted...
Not a bad way to go.Slime works on everything.

Not Really...There are some monsters that are highly resistant to Slime, Like...

-Brachydios (Obviously)
-Gobul
-Lagiacrus
-Lagiacrus Rare
-Royal Ludroth
-Royal Ludroth Sub
-Plesioth Sub
-Qurupeco
-Qurupeco Sub
-Volvidon
#5dogbertius(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 5:30:54 PM
Ahh, so slime isn't a free damage boost like some FAQs note, there are beasts with resistances other than Brachydios. Also, if its usefulness tapers off by G-rank, then it's effectively useless for me. Guess I have to stop being lazy and start crafting monster-specific sets that account for elemental weaknesses, or get used to status-shooting and packing some LBB.

Thanks all!
#6TheSteelPhoenixPosted 12/2/2013 5:51:51 PM
AlxCj posted...

Not Really...There are some monsters that are highly resistant to Slime, Like...

-Brachydios (Obviously)
-Gobul
-Lagiacrus
-Lagiacrus Rare
-Royal Ludroth
-Royal Ludroth Sub
-Plesioth Sub
-Qurupeco
-Qurupeco Sub
-Volvidon

News to me on the qurupeco. I blow them away on G rank in like 5 minutes with DS brachy weapons while breaking everything on them with no effort.

I think the reason you don't care so much about those is that all of those, barring the lagia and brachy and plesioth (of which the plesioth require specialized tactics anyway and in theory if you have slime weapons you dont need to kill brachys anymore), are things that you can kill so efficiently and quickly with high grade slime weapons that you don't notice if slime is making a big change. I use my DS slime weapons and can absolutely obliterate all of those with them. Remember, brachy weapons tend to be in the highest tier of dmg and sharpness in all the weapon trees, they still find incredible use as general purpose weapons. Plus their penchant for breaking parts means even at G rank they are great for farming.

So really the only thing you could say is "good on everything but lagia"
---
GameFAQs: 99% is 100% if 1% is hard. -Nano Kitsune
#7ragnarok183Posted 12/2/2013 9:39:43 PM
slime is not a one-for-all solution to everything; it's just an excuse for people who are lazy and people who like to make asses of themselves

here's someone's example

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683294-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/66521805
#8SoaringBlizzardPosted 12/3/2013 4:48:41 AM
AlxCj posted...

-Brachydios (Obviously)
-Gobul
-Lagiacrus
-Lagiacrus Rare
-Royal Ludroth
-Royal Ludroth Sub
-Plesioth Sub
-Qurupeco
-Qurupeco Sub
-Volvidon

outside of brachy i didn't have any trouble Sliming all the rest in that list, maybe the underwater ones but thats just because underwater sucks, while on land theyre just as easy.
---
3ds FC: 2165-6318-4182 - Ingame name: Scindo
Safari: Paras / Volbeat / Heracross
#9AlxCjPosted 12/3/2013 6:08:25 AM
I posted...
There are some monsters that are highly resistant to Slime, Like...

-Brachydios (Obviously)
-Gobul
-Lagiacrus
-Lagiacrus Rare
-Royal Ludroth
-Royal Ludroth Sub
-Plesioth Sub
-Qurupeco
-Qurupeco Sub
-Volvidon

And just so you guys know (In case you don't), the monsters that are weak to Slime are...

-Agnaktor
-Agnaktor Sub
-Duramboros
-Duramboros Sub
-Uragaan
-Uragaan Sub
-Zinogre
-Zinogre Sub

The rest of the monsters are not weak nor resistant to slime...
#10CoolMasterPTPosted 12/3/2013 6:20:36 AM
^ Wrong. Lucent (and the other nargas for that matter) and alatreon are both really weak to slime. Heck, alatreon is one of the weakest if not the most.

I can tell more monsters: both diablos are weak. Nibelsnarf, both barioths and jho at some extent.
---
NNID: CoolMaster