fairly new player... good gunlance armor

#1twilitlink33Posted 1/24/2014 12:56:39 AM
So I am HR6. I currently have full Dios armor and a Dios gulance. I am wondering what low G-rank armor/weapons I should get? I was thinking Agnaktor U or Z, but I am unsure on if the Glacial Agnaktor from High rank is what I need, or if Agnaktor Z is in HR7 or above.

Is that a good armor choice? I just need anything to make me more useful in low G-rank.
---
i5 2500k 3.2 ghz quad core, GTX 560 ti 1GB, 8 GB DDR3, 750 watt OCZ, Win7
#2Devil_Killer_JCPosted 1/24/2014 2:11:54 AM(edited)
Uragaan Z is what you want to make, but Agnaktor Z is not a bad choice. Agnaktor Z is really best for lances though.

Uragaan Z has better skills for gunlances (guard, mind's eye, artillery). However, you do need to be HR7, or play with someone that HR to be able to make it. If that's not an option, make Barroth X until then

EDIT:

Uragaan Z is steel Uragaan btw.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS, Nintendo ID: Devil_JCS, 3DS FC: 4596-9592-6480 IGN: James
biohazardmercenaries.com
#3IHateMrCatsPosted 1/24/2014 7:28:58 AM
I use full Agnak Z with a +9 artillery charm so i get:

Guard +2
Guard Up
Artillery Expert
Mind's Eye

Your set will depend on how you wish to play as well as the gunlance type you have. I have a Wide (Spread) lv 5 gun so i do a lot of shelling. Alternatively if you have a gunlance which relies more on it's combo's and want somewhat of a decent set in HR then you could actually make Rath Soul set and gem in artillery expert. That should do you fine. You could also use mega dash juice instead of guard to take less stamina chunks while blocking but you don't have too.
---
MH3U: Duene. www.Youtube.com/IHateMrCats
Have a Nice Day Ladies and Gentlemen
#4Laharl00Posted 1/24/2014 8:38:09 AM(edited)
I'm experimenting with a mix-up set for the GL. I do agree with Mr Cats tho..the Aggy Z armor is optimal for either lance.

This is what I built to goof with and see..

Helios Helm X
Agnaktor Mail Z
Helios Vambraces X
Duramboros Faulds X
Artiian Greaves X

Handicraft+4 O--

2X Ironwall jewel 2
8X Artillery jewel 2
1X Ironwall jewel 1

Artillery Expert
Awaken
Sharpness+1
Guard+1

425-582 Def -12 fire, 11 wat, 6 ice, -8 thunder, -11 dragon

I have been switching between this, the full agnak z set and artian set with the Lagombi X helm, and Nibelsnarf Faulds X with a handi +4 one slot charm and evade jewels to get Evasion+2, Awaken, Sharpness+1 and the standard guard boost for normal lances if interested in something home brewed.

Just a thought..
---
3DS FC-kvirus 0189-8564-5030, Mii/-NNID-kvirus70
I used to be excited about Elder Scrolls Online like you, until I took an arrow to the wallet.
#5Laharl00Posted 1/24/2014 8:45:33 AM
IHateMrCats posted...
I use full Agnak Z with a +9 artillery charm so i get:

Guard +2
Guard Up
Artillery Expert
Mind's Eye

Your set will depend on how you wish to play as well as the gunlance type you have. I have a Wide (Spread) lv 5 gun so i do a lot of shelling. Alternatively if you have a gunlance which relies more on it's combo's and want somewhat of a decent set in HR then you could actually make Rath Soul set and gem in artillery expert. That should do you fine. You could also use mega dash juice instead of guard to take less stamina chunks while blocking but you don't have too.

It took me a second. Hey MAN! Your vids helped me learn the GL and LN ALOT from being strictly GS and ranged user.!!

Thanks for your time and dedication to making those videos!!!!
---
3DS FC-kvirus 0189-8564-5030, Mii/-NNID-kvirus70
I used to be excited about Elder Scrolls Online like you, until I took an arrow to the wallet.
#6IHateMrCatsPosted 1/24/2014 8:52:57 AM
Laharl00 posted...

It took me a second. Hey MAN! Your vids helped me learn the GL and LN ALOT from being strictly GS and ranged user.!!

Thanks for your time and dedication to making those videos!!!!

No problem, I'll have another one done soon.
---
MH3U: Duene. www.Youtube.com/IHateMrCats
Have a Nice Day Ladies and Gentlemen
#7dragunreaverPosted 1/24/2014 12:59:23 PM
I like the Hollow Jhen armor for the gunlance.

Sharpness +1
Razor Sharp
Health+50
Guard+1
Artilary Novice

Razor sharp and Sharpness +1 is amazing because you can keep your purple sharpness for so long even with shelling.
---
http://imageflea.com/pics/1009/6p8ruwmv.gif
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/aM1Kn8R_460sa.gif
#8twilitlink33(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2014 12:50:19 AM(edited)
Ok thanks guys. In the mean time, while trying to get to HR7 and get the armor, what is good to use? Should I continue using all dips until then or should I switch over to be more effective? I wanted to try SnS.

Also, I don't know much about slotting or talismans. Is there anything in particular I should use for GL or SnS?

---
i5 2500k 3.2 ghz quad core, GTX 560 ti 1GB, 8 GB DDR3, 750 watt OCZ, Win7
#9Devil_Killer_JCPosted 1/25/2014 2:22:03 AM
twilitlink33 posted...
Ok thanks guys. In the mean time, while trying to get to HR7 and get the armor, what is good to use? Should I continue using all dips until then or should I switch over to be more effective? I wanted to try SnS.

Also, I don't know much about slotting or talismans. Is there anything in particular I should use for GL or SnS?

If you're still using the GL, Barroth X will do for now. For the SnS, the cookie cutter Helios/Selene ZZZXZ is best, with Volvidon X right after that.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS, Nintendo ID: Devil_JCS, 3DS FC: 4596-9592-6480 IGN: James
biohazardmercenaries.com