How alive is this game online? Monster Hunter virgin here.

#1TanyaGDPosted 2/12/2014 3:38:05 PM
I plan to get this game because I enjoyed it on the 3ds so much, well the demo at least :P I dont mind doing quests/hunts by myself, but if I get stuck on a monster I would hope there are enough people playing online to help me out. Do I need to add people as friends so they can help me out online?

That being said, this is my will be my first time playing a Monster Hunter game. I am excited but intimidated at the same time. I enjoyed the 3ds demo alot and enjoyed using the bow the most. I prefer to play it on the WiiU because of online play. Going into this game, what advice can you guys give a first timer?
---
I'm a guy. PSN= ss1006
Pokemon X FC: 1736-0664-1935
#2WalkerWondersPosted 2/12/2014 4:10:14 PM
hundreds of people play, on weekends it can reach the thousands.
---
3ds friend code: 2680 9181 0520 Trainer Name: Shayne
Xbox Live, PSN, and Nintendo Network ID: WalkerWonders
#3NanaPwnsYouPosted 2/12/2014 5:06:52 PM
I just started and have not had trouble finding random people to play online with at all. There are both new players and helpful veterans playing online.
---
PSN: NanaPwnsYou / Wii U: Shomii
3DS: 0920 - 0386 - 8612
#4Rappy00Posted 2/12/2014 6:19:02 PM
Very, easy to find a group of people most people play on the Free A server and sometimes is hard to find rooms that are empty (easily fixed if you make your own room) and a lot of vets play with new players.
---
Nintendo ID:Rappy0
PSN:Rappy0 If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#5CircleOfManiasPosted 2/12/2014 6:42:54 PM(edited)
It's active, but seriously, play offline at least up to Village HR before going online. If you play exclusively online, you can get carried to G-Rank, sure, but you'll just be dead weight on every team. Playing offline forces you to actually learn the game.

On a side note, at the very least the game should require you to solo the urgents. Carrying immediately stops being a problem.
---
Sick liaisons raise this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
#6TanyaGD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 8:46:46 PM
Oh no i wont be playing exclusively online. For some reason i just thought the online would be dead ;P

Aside from all that, what advice can you guys give a newcomer?
---
I'm a guy. PSN= ss1006
Pokemon X FC: 1736-0664-1935
#7BosSBaerPosted 2/12/2014 9:01:57 PM
There is a huge variety of people online. I had a hr 400+ in my room the other day along with a hr 3.
---
PSN & NNID - BaerPwNz
#8cyclone327Posted 2/12/2014 10:59:42 PM
TanyaGD posted...
Oh no i wont be playing exclusively online. For some reason i just thought the online would be dead ;P

Aside from all that, what advice can you guys give a newcomer?

I'd recommend doing offline till at least 3 star village and then after that go explore a bit of the online part of the game. also mess around with all the weapons till you find one that fits your play style.
#9LunarPatrolPosted 2/13/2014 3:02:29 AM
If you live in Europe there is a bigger chance that you'll meet people that don't use the mic- since most people use different languages (and I won't forget that time when I was harassed by two norwegians >_<)
---
I heard from a friend that I like to say "shut up!", but so what- I'm only reminding myself.
#10vyseskiesPosted 2/13/2014 5:30:24 AM
over one thousand people per day.
---
Hail Monster Hunter Franchise! Hail One Piece!
<3