Is my Wroggi S armor able to stand up to Brachydios?

#1EgoraptoirePosted 4/22/2014 9:58:50 AM
While this isn't my first Monster Hunter game, it is my first Brachy battle, and I want to make sure I don't get my ass obliterated. I know my weapon is alright, it's the Plesioth longsword, but since I got my Wroggi armor a good while ago, I'm not sure if it'll be good enough for what I'm about to walk into. Each piece is upgraded to the point where it needs a Hard Armor Sphere, so I''ll probably be fine, but I'd still like some input from those more experience dealing with slime than I. Is there a set that'll serve me better, even if just for this fight?
---
It's a stone, Luigi. You didn't make it.
#2K-driverPosted 4/22/2014 10:32:23 AM
Should be fine. It's my first monster hunter game and I did my first brachydios in wroggi s with no carts.
#3Egoraptoire(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2014 10:51:47 AM
Thank you for the reassurance, I appreciate it. I suppose I'll go and try to beat him for myself now in that case. Wish me luck.
---
#4Egoraptoire(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2014 2:53:34 PM
Alright, I've killed three so far without carting. And I got a Brachy gem from the tail of the last one, too. Talk about luck.
Also, while I've broken both pounders on the past two I've killed, I only have one? Is the drop rate low, or something?
---
#5NateFire124Posted 4/22/2014 5:44:19 PM
Egoraptoire posted...
Alright, I've killed three so far without carting. And I got a Brachy gem from the tail of the last one, too. Talk about luck.
Also, while I've broken both pounders on the past two I've killed, I only have one? Is the drop rate low, or something?
oh yeah I've killed at least five and broke both of his pounders every time. I still don't have a single pounder, but I've heard if you capture and break both pounders there's a pretty good chance you'll get one 'cause apparently 59% chance for each pounder isn't enough to get even one.
#6gunnrainPosted 4/23/2014 9:05:40 AM
Word, I'm on my (...checking) 42nd Brachy with only 19 pounders. I'd say it's luck and capping for sure to snag some.
---
Barrel Bombs, Flash Bombs, packed bomb. Set, Chuck, Spark baby boom.
#7Egoraptoire(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2014 10:20:14 AM
Wow, that's kind of ridiculous, what with that 59% drop rate. It's gotta be lower than that.
---
#8K-driverPosted 4/23/2014 11:55:58 AM
NateFire124 posted...
Egoraptoire posted...
oh yeah I've killed at least five and broke both of his pounders every time. I still don't have a single pounder, but I've heard if you capture and break both pounders there's a pretty good chance you'll get one 'cause apparently 59% chance for each pounder isn't enough to get even one.

Pretty sure its 59% chance for breaking both.
#9Egoraptoire(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2014 2:28:28 PM
It certainly doesn't feel like a 59% chance, but hey, who am I to complain? I just got a second Brachy gem in the quest rewards of the fifth one I'd killed. Guess the game's making it up to me after putting me through the hell that was capping thirty Lagiacrus for a plate.
---