4pt arken? explain

#1XiocamiePosted 4/30/2014 9:49:31 PM
Never done it before, HR 64 and want to try and farm HR some, I can make w/e gear is needed for it. How does it work what do I need to get for it etc ?
#2FalchionnePosted 5/1/2014 1:45:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbEeGW5zvcM

Make a set with GoldBeard HBG, limiter on, crouch fire Normal 2.

Try to get Normal S Up, weakness exploit. Peak performence, Critical Eye+3 (or +2/1 depending on your talisman), + any form of attack boosting food skills.

Make sure there is a status gunner.

Everything else is just brainless button mashing.
---
www.club1kjho.com http://tinyurl.com/ms5u832
MH4, Pokemon Y FC: 4441-9436-0978 IGN: Falchion TSV:1351
#3dogbertiusPosted 5/1/2014 1:53:06 PM
To add a bit to that:

You need three gunners with the Arken Antiphon HBG. It has the highest RAW damage of any Norm shot HBG, and a massive Norm2 clip (10-12 shots I think). Also, since you don't have to worry about someone firing off a Norm3 shot that richochets and wakes up the sleeping nargacuga, you can almost guarantee that each round will be identical to the last in terms of time and outcome. You then need an armor set with the following skills, in order of importance (ascending):
-Weakness Exploit
-Normal S Up
-Peak performance
-Anything that further boosts damage

You then need a competent status gunner. Most use the God's Archipelago LBS with the limiter removed so they can rapidly sleep/para a monster. From there, you all go into the arena, the nargacuga is put to sleep, and then then status gunner paralyzes the barioth. All three HBG gunners spam Norm2 shots on barioth's face, and drop him in like 10 seconds. Then focus on the nargacuga.

Lather, rinse, repeat for the sand barioth and green nargacuga, but place 8x LBB+ and detonate it when they drop into the map to speed things up. You can also have the status gunner drop a shock trap and use some tranq shots to further speed things up.

I've done this about 30 times for easy money when trying to buy enough ice crystals (on sale) to get the Atlantis Crabstone award. All of our best times actually involved removing the limiter on the Arken HBG. It gets an enormous damage boost, and with the already massive Norm2 clip increasing in size, we drop the monsters before we even need to reload, and don't even have to bother entering siege mode and incurring the time loss involved in the animation.
#4Xiocamie(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2014 7:08:00 PM
One question, I noticed when I farm with other arken users their bowgun bulllets fire straight and mine are always curved, I can still hit the monster's head regardless, but wondering why it's firing angled. I dont think they were using precision or anything, should've checked but I doubt they used up a skill for that instead of critical eye or ssomething
#5RustytheclownPosted 5/3/2014 1:06:23 AM
I've done 4pt 4mation a shed load of times but I don't gun (although I do use a bow). Its actually a really fun quest and when there's four of you all doing your jobs properly and it can be quite graifying when you take em down. Granted you probably don't do it as quickly with four gunners but I reckon its just as rewarding.
---
Motherhumper
#6bulbinkingPosted 5/3/2014 7:57:48 AM
Strategies like this is why I don't give a damn about a players hunter rank after a certain point.

Its clear most people who are 999 simply have no life and spammed quests like this for hours on end just to brag about a meaningless number over their heads.
---
poker-over-killing.blogspot.com/2007/09/i-was-gamefaqs-moderator-for-5-yrs.html
NintendoID: Bulbinking2 (MH3U Charm Table 10/Over 2k Hours of Experience)
#7KraloShirunoPosted 5/4/2014 8:38:13 PM
bulbinking posted...
Strategies like this is why I don't give a damn about a players hunter rank after a certain point.

Its clear most people who are 999 simply have no life and spammed quests like this for hours on end just to brag about a meaningless number over their heads.

One of the reasons I love to solo. At least then you have a right to brag....

.....unless you still have a 999 HR, in which case you should probably go to a therapist for gaming addiction.
---
Currently playing Soul Calibur V and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Mains on SCV: Viola, Alpha Patroklos and Cervantes. Hunter rank is 62
#8dogbertiusPosted 5/7/2014 2:45:05 PM
I don't see the "4pt Arken" strategy that bad, since most blademasters just spam smoke bombs and then trap-lock the monsters for a minute straight. If the AI was done better in this game (ie: cycling attacks between the four hunters, it would make more sense to focus on the closest hunters), then you wouldn't have to worry about the OCD monsters deciding "oh, I haven't attacked you in the past minute, IMA sprint across the map and barrel over you, LEEEEEROY JEEEENKINS!!".
#9Dark_AbaddonPosted 5/7/2014 2:56:09 PM
dogbertius posted...
I don't see the "4pt Arken" strategy that bad, since most blademasters just spam smoke bombs and then trap-lock the monsters for a minute straight. If the AI was done better in this game (ie: cycling attacks between the four hunters, it would make more sense to focus on the closest hunters), then you wouldn't have to worry about the OCD monsters deciding "oh, I haven't attacked you in the past minute, IMA sprint across the map and barrel over you, LEEEEEROY JEEEENKINS!!".

but then someone with a gunlance/lance could down a dash juice, guard infront of the monster, and laugh while their team-mates kill the monster with bows/bowguns.
---
3DS: 1633-4342-9490 (Ivysaur, Tangela, Quilladin) (Caine @ Corona)
NNID: HardCor PM me if you add me for friend safari
#10dogbertiusPosted 5/7/2014 3:07:36 PM
Dark_Abaddon posted...
dogbertius posted...

but then someone with a gunlance/lance could down a dash juice, guard infront of the monster, and laugh while their team-mates kill the monster with bows/bowguns.

I would imagine the monster would be concerned where most of the pain is coming from. Ie: a Rathian being pummeled with a Rathalos's head-on-a-stick hammer: "That puny ape-pig-thing with Bob's head on a stick is really starting to hurt and make me dizzy. And I think a bunch of Bnabra are gnawing on my ass, I should do something about that soon". It also offsets the terrible DEF gunners get. I used to think the poor DEF on gunner sets was acceptable, until I realized that event Brachydios can OHKO them with ANY attack, or equipping the beloved Barrage Earrings allows almost any G rank monster to OHKO you.