Hammer in party play

#1A_CavemanPosted 7/9/2014 12:35:27 PM
How do I keep from hitting people in groups? I'm aiming specifically for the head, but all the dual blade/longsword kids keep dashing straight in for the head as well, making it incredibly hard to avoid hitting them.
#2tuffydogPosted 7/9/2014 12:48:22 PM
If you're the hammer guy, dual blade/longsword people really need to stay out of your work area or they deserve to get hit. Hammers always have priority on monster heads.
#3ZerekrielPosted 7/9/2014 12:54:35 PM
Yeah, other than a small few monsters like Diablos or whatever, hammer users should always have priority at the head.
---
Shine on, embrace and deny me. Turn on, Wheel of Time.
Shine on, you've burnt me, now guide me. Weave on, Wheel of Time.
#4chronogod77Posted 7/9/2014 1:30:21 PM
A_Caveman posted...
How do I keep from hitting people in groups? I'm aiming specifically for the head, but all the dual blade/longsword kids keep dashing straight in for the head as well, making it incredibly hard to avoid hitting them.

This is especially annoying when you are doing Rath runs for mantles and the 3 blademasters can't cut the tail and get in the way of k.o.s
---
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!
#5TarotistPosted 7/9/2014 2:16:16 PM(edited)
Go ahead and hit them. DBs should be leg tripping and LS should be tail cutting. Long Swords be trippin anyway so go ahead and send em flying if they get on your head...
---
Virgin Master Race. Duhuhu~
#6GobulHysteriaPosted 7/9/2014 5:24:57 PM
Part of using a hammer is asserting your dominance over your fellow hunters.
#7Munchie906Posted 7/9/2014 7:05:08 PM(edited)
GobulHysteria posted...
Part of using a hammer is asserting your dominance over your fellow hunters.

This is really the only good answer... no weapon is designated to any certain area(besides sns cuz they're tiny foot cutters). If you dont want people in "your" area then make them gtfo...

Edit; saying sorry when you launch them is a sign of weakness... a preset "gtfo" will help...
#8Zetsuei_8823Posted 7/9/2014 8:40:16 PM
Don't even bother trying to avoid hitting them, it's their own fault. I'll apologize if I accidentally launch them and I don't hit the head or am near the head, but other than that, the hammer gets the head.
---
- NuclearSpark -
3DS FC: 2191-8257-7635; IGN Sergei
#9cyclone327Posted 7/10/2014 12:04:25 AM
tuffydog posted...
If you're the hammer guy, dual blade/longsword people really need to stay out of your work area or they deserve to get hit. Hammers always have priority on monster heads.

This very much. If they're in your space they better move out the way before you lay down the smack.
#10JobVanDamPosted 7/12/2014 5:01:17 AM
Back in my heyday I used to avoid the monster and aim for stupid people around the head.

Had one stupid lancer that wouldn't listen and insisted on going after the head "cause it does the most damage". I superpounded countless times, even with his stupid shield, and eventually he just left the room.
---
- Griz -, HR 0
One Man Army