That special moment when...

#11serpents_wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2014 3:11:48 PM
Wolfie_Claws posted...
serpents_wrath posted...
I find dieing at all once you've reached a certain point telling the person still has a ways to go. With true veteran hunters it becomes an after thought since their confidence is rightfully founded in their skills with all weapons. Sure that doesn't mean they are immortal but it does mean it is an extremely rare occurrence to even see them near that point much less actually fall.

There comes a time in every hunters life where the only times they ever die anymore is when they are too lazy to drink a potion when they should have.

Usually only the prideful do that. Sadly for most that is one hunt they will never overtake.
#12VisceralLusterPosted 7/20/2014 2:41:22 PM
...you break a part of a monster that you've never broken before.

I'm playing MH3U solo (mostly) so I've been focusing on the village quests before tackling Tanzia (though I am HR3, so it's not as if I haven't done any Guild stuff). As a Dual Swords user, I'm not very well built for taking off tails and the like. I manage, though, and I've gotten pretty good at regular Rath tails, Royal Ludroth, Lagiacrus, Agnaktor, Barroth, Barioth, etc. It was difficult as heck, but I've managed Uragaan once or twice and Duramboros easily enough.

Pink Rathian is my nemesis.

My usual Rath strategies don't work as well with her because she'll flip and turn and flip and turn and flip and it's hard to get positioned where she won't whomp me across the stage immediately after I start a Dance sequence. Yesterday, however, I finally got her tail~ So I'm proud of myself. I may not be in G-rank, I may not have all the super powerful fancy gear, but I pulled off something I'm happy about and it was a good moment.
#13chronogod77Posted 7/21/2014 2:01:41 PM
serpents_wrath posted...
Wolfie_Claws posted...
serpents_wrath posted...
I find dieing at all once you've reached a certain point telling the person still has a ways to go. With true veteran hunters it becomes an after thought since their confidence is rightfully founded in their skills with all weapons. Sure that doesn't mean they are immortal but it does mean it is an extremely rare occurrence to even see them near that point much less actually fall.

There comes a time in every hunters life where the only times they ever die anymore is when they are too lazy to drink a potion when they should have.

Usually only the prideful do that. Sadly for most that is one hunt they will never overtake.

I like the thought that there are some monsters that can still kill me if i get lazy. It keeps the game interesting (basically only event quests will cart me anymore, however).
---
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
#14pinipigbombPosted 7/23/2014 12:01:16 PM
That special moment where after celebrating for killing Brachy the first time I realize I forgot to carve him...Oops.