Qurupeco leaving the screen is infuriating

#11Katellox(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2014 5:54:31 AM
So that's what Psychoserum does...

Greatly appreciate the advice from everyone. Would've bought a damn strategy guide for this game if I had known I'd have to use the Internet for so much. :P
#12chronogod77Posted 7/18/2014 5:57:24 AM
When quru limps, he will go to area 7 to sleep in the sandy plains, and will go to either 7 or 8 in the deserted island.
---
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!
#13PhoenixBaggiPosted 7/18/2014 7:12:56 AM
Check the direction the shadow is moving towards and learn what part of the map that corresponds to. Will help you greatly with all monsters that fly.
#14EmuchuPosted 7/18/2014 7:19:46 AM
A monster that's limping is programmed to go to his nest. A specific monster at a specific location will always nest at the same spot, and often times this nest is shared with other monsters. In addition, monsters have a "patrol route" and always traverse the map in a specific pattern, meaning that it often takes several "area jumps" to get to its nest, and when the monster is limping, it'll spend a very short amount of time in each area. Mark the monster immediately with a paintball when you encounter it. When it starts getting flighty and limping, it'll go to its nest. Either sit around for a few minutes and wait for the pink dot to stop moving, signalling that the monster is asleep at its nest and ready for capture, or just wait at the nest and ambush the thing, it'll stick around there for as long as they usually do.

Anyway, general tips:

Craft and bring your own items. They items they give you are the bare basics, and they'll wean you off of giving you free stuff pretty quickly. You're complaining about running out of paintballs. That's because they want you to run out of paintballs after the combined 10 minutes that they last during a 50 minute mission, suffer through the punishment of running around lost for coming in unprepared, and figure out that you need to bring your own extra supplies. Three First Aids, three Rations, and two Mini Whetstones aren't going to cut it very, very soon, and you'll need to start carrying a "standard hunting supplies" collection.

If you need more stuff, bring the combine ingredients and the required Combo Books and you can make more during the mission. That includes traps--I believe you can carry up to 2 extra Trap Tools with you, but each subsequent usage of the same trap causes the monster to escape more quickly.

Use a psychoserum immediately at the start of every mission of a monster that you don't know the pattern of. Monsters always start in the same spot, unless you get that cinematic from meeting a monster for the first time, so if you're farming or whatever, you can just jog over to their starting position.

If the monster is limping, it's best to just hang back and let it go home for a capture. Just make sure it's painted (with the extra paintballs that you brought along), and sit around for a few minutes while it bounces areas every 30 seconds and goes home. If anything, chasing the monster around just delays this process. Wait until it falls asleep (the pink dot stops moving for a while), follow it home, drop a trap at its feet (which you'll have to start making soon), and hit it with two tranq bombs (they'll give you these for a little while, but make these, too). You're done. Once you know what you're doing, you can chase the monster around and capture it that way, but you run the risk of wasting a trap if the monster gets away from you.
---
3DS FC: Anthony | 2320-6462-6471
Pokemon FS: Wooper, Nincada, Palpitoad
#15izzymc85Posted 7/18/2014 10:09:55 AM
With flying monsters you can watch its shadow on the ground while it flies away to know which area it will fly away to.
#16KogaSteelfangPosted 7/18/2014 11:03:36 AM
Also, you can craft more traps while on the quest. You can only carry 2 traps, but you can carry materials to make 10 more, granting you as many as 12 for 1 quest.

However, after the 1st time in a specific trap, they heavily resist it the next time.
Say Qurupeco gets shock trapped, and stays stunned for 20 seconds. A 2nd shock trap would only keep it stunned for like 5 seconds instead.
---
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVle285bEgZ_D9otGewQwmw
Help me improve with honest feedback please. Thank you.
#17PhoenixBaggiPosted 7/18/2014 11:08:16 AM
KogaSteelfang posted...
You can only carry 2 traps, but you can carry materials to make 10 more, granting you as many as 12 for 1 quest.

Wut. You can only carry 2 Trap Tools, used in all combinations that makes traps, and there are no combos to make those.

So each player can have a max of 4 traps on a quest, assuming all combine attempts are successful, and not counting ones found in the supply chest or gotten from Melynx shiny drops.
#18KogaSteelfangPosted 7/18/2014 11:14:39 AM
PhoenixBaggi posted...
KogaSteelfang posted...
You can only carry 2 traps, but you can carry materials to make 10 more, granting you as many as 12 for 1 quest.

Wut. You can only carry 2 Trap Tools, used in all combinations that makes traps, and there are no combos to make those.

So each player can have a max of 4 traps on a quest, assuming all combine attempts are successful, and not counting ones found in the supply chest or gotten from Melynx shiny drops.

Oh? Wow, sorry then.
I could've sworn it was 10. I don't know how I got it so wrong. lol
---
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVle285bEgZ_D9otGewQwmw
Help me improve with honest feedback please. Thank you.
#19Katellox(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2014 11:38:27 AM
Thank you very much for the detailed responses. This will help a lot. As for the shadow thing, I did notice that, but even when I followed the shadow I could not find the monster all the time. I did not know the monsters follow a given pattern. That will come quite in handy.
#20PhoenixBaggiPosted 7/18/2014 12:04:42 PM
Monsters don't follow a given pattern, it's just that the spot they move to(wards) when they're weak/limping/ready for capture is always the spot in the area that the game has designated as the "nest" of that particular monster.

Other movements by the monster is random within certain parameters.