Qurupeco leaving the screen is infuriating

#41Katellox(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 4:02:08 PM
I have learned from my mistakes! Took down Lagiacrus (at least, fought him off from the village) and only had to use one potion. Traps are my best friend but I wish you weren't SO limited with them. I had one trap laid down right at the moment he turned and fled halfway across the screen to another map >_>
#42PhoenixBaggiPosted 7/20/2014 4:06:08 PM
VisceralLuster posted...
you also get more materials from captured monsters than killed ones.

This is factually incorrect misinformation that I'm surprised to see on a site that's an online resource on monster hunter information. It's rampantly claimed in online by people who don't use online resources, and its annoying because they just get mad if you tell them they're wrong.
#43VisceralLusterPosted 7/20/2014 7:36:52 PM
PhoenixBaggi posted...
VisceralLuster posted...
you also get more materials from captured monsters than killed ones.

This is factually incorrect misinformation that I'm surprised to see on a site that's an online resource on monster hunter information. It's rampantly claimed in online by people who don't use online resources, and its annoying because they just get mad if you tell them they're wrong.

Really? (Don't hurt me, I'm not a MH encyclopedia yet @u@; ) I'll have to take that into consideration. I do find it a lot easier to capture than kill and in my personal experience I've always gotten more and rarer items via capture than from carving.
#44flanqerPosted 7/20/2014 8:02:05 PM
VisceralLuster posted...
Really? (Don't hurt me, I'm not a MH encyclopedia yet @u@; ) I'll have to take that into consideration. I do find it a lot easier to capture than kill and in my personal experience I've always gotten more and rarer items via capture than from carving.

When you kill the monster, you can carve 3 times.

When you capture the monster, you only get 2 cap rewards.

These are in addition to the quest rewards (first 2 rows of the rewards screen). The number of quest rewards is random, but is unaffected by whether you cap or kill.

Whether capping or killing gives better odds depends on which rare item you're trying to get, from which monster, and whether it's Low, High, or G Rank. Some rare items are easier to get by carving, others are easier to get by capping. You have to look up the odds for whatever you're trying to get, and factor in the number of carves or cap rewards.
#45VisceralLusterPosted 7/20/2014 8:08:57 PM
Well, thanks you guys ^^ That'll help me out, and sorry for derping out inaccurate info!