What do you always carry on you?

#21Primum_MobilePosted 7/19/2014 3:00:30 AM
i am more curious why people bring herb.

10 potion
10 mega potion
10 energy drink
15 whettstone
5 tranq bombs
pitfall trap
shock trap
power talon

5 mega/iron pickaxe
5 mega bugnet
armor talon
2 max potions
10 honey (trying to ween this in, and don't need to bring in quest where you can carve mega potion)

5-7 dung bomb.

that leave 10 spaces for loot/supply items.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#22EgoraptoirePosted 7/19/2014 3:37:17 AM
MettanAtem posted...
vorlik29 posted...
To everyone who brings along a gazillion potions along with materials and combo books to make even more potions, what are earth are you doing each hunt that you need that much health recovery?

It's just in case something goes horribly wrong.

Yeah, it happens sometimes, and I want to be prepared for when it does. Like the first time I fought H. Jhen and found out that getting hit by the rocks it shoots out took off roughly 75% of my health. S'times like those where it's good to have a few backup mega pots, y'know?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39ZdRt97ubU
#23LunarPatrolPosted 7/19/2014 4:33:04 AM
PhoenixBaggi posted...
A Bible and spare underpants.

1+ this
---
I would usually put something witty in swedish here;
-Something witty in swedish-
#24AoiHydra101Posted 7/19/2014 12:16:27 PM
Primum_Mobile posted...
i am more curious why people bring herb.

10 potion
10 mega potion
10 energy drink
15 whettstone
5 tranq bombs
pitfall trap
shock trap
power talon

5 mega/iron pickaxe
5 mega bugnet
armor talon
2 max potions
10 honey (trying to ween this in, and don't need to bring in quest where you can carve mega potion)

5-7 dung bomb.

that leave 10 spaces for loot/supply items.

I'm more curious why you need supply items when you have all that.
---
3DS FC: 0533 - 4952 - 7611
Psychic Safari: Duosion, Wobbuffet and Grumpig, By the way, Shaddap with your troll posts.
#25Primum_MobilePosted 7/19/2014 11:19:18 PM
AoiHydra101 posted...
I'm more curious why you need supply items when you have all that.

trying to save on whetstone and energy drink, i am stingy like that :P
i don't purposely go back to get supply, for the record. But every once in awhile i get the chance to get them, regular quests in land arena for example.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#26KogaSteelfangPosted 7/20/2014 6:25:43 AM
vorlik29 posted...
To everyone who brings along a gazillion potions along with materials and combo books to make even more potions, what are earth are you doing each hunt that you need that much health recovery? Protip: Convert your mass potion space into space for useful things, like traps, tranqs, bombs, etc if you aren't already carrying them. It's like Doomsday Preppers in here. Personally I bring a couple pages of things.

10 Mega Pots - Usually use a couple here or there each quest.
2 Max Potions - On the offhand chance you space out and die, to max out health again.
3 Lifepowders - To heal teammates. If I'm saving their ass more than three times, I'm leaving.
The 4 charms - Self Explanatory.
Pitfall Trap - Self Explanatory.
Shock Trap - Self Explanatory.
2 LBB+ - Got tired of forgetting them when a gunner randomly breaks out sleep.
20 Whetstones - Restock these every 10 or so hunts.
8 Tranq Bombs - Because you shouldn't rely on others to capture things for you. Or someone wants to cap but didn't bring them themselves.
5 Flash Bombs - Useful on nearly every monster.
10 Dung Bombs - Useful primarily for shooing away unstable zone invades.
Paintballs - I just have a whole bunch on hand but only use them if I have Guru gemmed.
5 Dash Juice - Really easy to acquire, only use them when I DS though, sometimes Lance or SA.
5 Mega Pickaxe - For the rare occasion I spawn in a secret area.

It takes five seconds to add Herbal Medicine, Hot/Cold Drinks, or Sonic Bombs for the few monsters those are even useful on. If you run a lot of Trapmaster maybe bring some spare trap mats I guess.

So, you think it's strange to bring items that prevent death, but are ok bringing 2 items to help recover after a death?
That just seems wrong. Especially after criticizing the HP management of others.
---
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVle285bEgZ_D9otGewQwmw
Help me improve with honest feedback please. Thank you.
#27vorlik29Posted 7/20/2014 8:32:33 AM
KogaSteelfang posted...
vorlik29 posted...
To everyone who brings along a gazillion potions along with materials and combo books to make even more potions, what are earth are you doing each hunt that you need that much health recovery? Protip: Convert your mass potion space into space for useful things, like traps, tranqs, bombs, etc if you aren't already carrying them. It's like Doomsday Preppers in here. Personally I bring a couple pages of things.

10 Mega Pots - Usually use a couple here or there each quest.
2 Max Potions - On the offhand chance you space out and die, to max out health again.
3 Lifepowders - To heal teammates. If I'm saving their ass more than three times, I'm leaving.
The 4 charms - Self Explanatory.
Pitfall Trap - Self Explanatory.
Shock Trap - Self Explanatory.
2 LBB+ - Got tired of forgetting them when a gunner randomly breaks out sleep.
20 Whetstones - Restock these every 10 or so hunts.
8 Tranq Bombs - Because you shouldn't rely on others to capture things for you. Or someone wants to cap but didn't bring them themselves.
5 Flash Bombs - Useful on nearly every monster.
10 Dung Bombs - Useful primarily for shooing away unstable zone invades.
Paintballs - I just have a whole bunch on hand but only use them if I have Guru gemmed.
5 Dash Juice - Really easy to acquire, only use them when I DS though, sometimes Lance or SA.
5 Mega Pickaxe - For the rare occasion I spawn in a secret area.

It takes five seconds to add Herbal Medicine, Hot/Cold Drinks, or Sonic Bombs for the few monsters those are even useful on. If you run a lot of Trapmaster maybe bring some spare trap mats I guess.

So, you think it's strange to bring items that prevent death, but are ok bringing 2 items to help recover after a death?
That just seems wrong. Especially after criticizing the HP management of others.

It's not wrong. I'll take a hunting partner who fights aggressively and chances death if they make too many consecutive mistakes over someone somehow drinking 10+ Mega Potions per quest.

That's not to mention the fact Max Potions are also great just to get a full heal after a couple hits. Better than drinking 2-3 Mega Pots to get the same heal.
---
MH3U: Vorlik
3DS FC: 4167-5467-3939
#28arche289Posted 7/20/2014 9:35:59 AM
vorlik29 posted...
To everyone who brings along a gazillion potions along with materials and combo books to make even more potions, what are earth are you doing each hunt that you need that much health recovery? Protip:

Protip: bring what helps you have fun. In a team not everyone needs traps, just those who want to cap. I almost always use some honey in g rank and am OK with that because I keep my health as much above a KO as I can. It doesn't take much away from kill times as you shouldn't be constantly attacking.

I bring books 1&2 when a gunner, but leave other combines to chance.
---
Getting older but not wiser
#29vorlik29Posted 7/20/2014 10:23:59 AM
You shouldn't be constantly attacking? What?

Sure, if you're a gunner you'll have combo books handy, but that's perhaps all the more reason not to waste item space on excessive potion making materials.

I feel like we should be changing the old adage for some people here.

Hit it slowly and intermittently over the course of fifteen minutes while your teammates do most of the work until it dies; get hit really as much as you want, frequently even, since you've got at least twenty potions on hand to drink.
---
MH3U: Vorlik
3DS FC: 4167-5467-3939
#30VisceralLusterPosted 7/20/2014 12:10:21 PM
Oh man this topic got fun after I posted.

I honestly prefer not to have a particularly full inventory, so I try not to have much more than one page worth of stuff. For reference:
10 Potion
10 Mega Potion
2 Max Potion
1 Ancient Potion
10 Well-Done Steak
10 Dung Bomb
8 Tranq Bomb
Pitfall Trap
Shock Trap
10-15 Whetstones

I have the Ancient Potion if I'm dumb and die (or if I was dumb and forgot to eat before I left. It happens sometimes.) and the Max Potions for if I need a lot of healing fast. It's not like they're hard to make.. Usually I don't need most of my potions though (the last time I got carted off by the cats was recently against a Pink Rathian and that was maybe the second time in my entire playthrough thus far - HR3, and Lv 7 Village Quests - so I tend not to have much trouble) because my Shakalakas both have Health (S) and Health (L) in their dance thingies so I rarely need to potion unless there's major clusterfrick going on. And keep in mind, I'm a Dual Swords user with Wroggi S Armor, so I'm invariably extremely up close and personal with the monsters with less than stellar defense. I'll get stepped on and bowled over and clonged in the side of the head with tails on a pretty regular basis.

TL;DR: If you need a whole crapton of healing items, you may want to reconsider your strategies. And/or get more practice with that whole dodging thing.