8 Tranq Bombs
2 Trap Tool
1 Pitfall Trap
1 Shock Trap
2 Barrel Bomb+
10 Paintbombs
3 Psychoserum
5 Mega Dash Juices
Heat/Cold cancel juice (depending on the stage)
5 Flash bombs

Yeah...I'm overly and awesomely prepared. :D
---
May the schwartz be with you, always.
"Rin, Hyo, To, Sha, Kai, Shin, Retsu, Zai, Zen"
#32corkscrew54Posted 7/20/2014 3:51:50 PM
Blade:
10 Mega Potions
5 Dash Juice
2 Max Potion
3 Lifepowders
4 Charms/Talons
5 Flash Bombs
8 Tranqs
1 Shock
1 Pitfall
5 Pickaxe
20 Whetsones
Cool/Hot drink if needed.

Gunner: Depends....
---
DeMoNiC
#33KogaSteelfangPosted 7/20/2014 3:53:38 PM
vorlik29 posted...

It's not wrong. I'll take a hunting partner who fights aggressively and chances death if they make too many consecutive mistakes over someone somehow drinking 10+ Mega Potions per quest.

That's not to mention the fact Max Potions are also great just to get a full heal after a couple hits. Better than drinking 2-3 Mega Pots to get the same heal.

So, getting killed is better than healing in your opinion? And needing Max potions to stay alive is better than only needing weaker potions?
Also, you're implying people who bring lots of potions aren't attacking. Ever think that maybe being aggressive is what gets them hit?
No, it'd never be anything like that, couldn't be.

Basically, you'd rather fight recklessly with a group of careless players who are all ok with dying, rather than actually being prepared and taking 3 seconds to heal.
Like I said, sounds wrong.
I'm not criticizing you, because it obviously works for you, but criticizing the cautious players for being prepared, then saying you'd rather be killed in a quest(No one wants this) just seems ignorant.
---
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVle285bEgZ_D9otGewQwmw
Help me improve with honest feedback please. Thank you.
#34ToxicJuiceboxPosted 7/20/2014 4:04:27 PM
Book of Combos 1
Book of Combos 2
10 Potions
10 Mega Potions
10 Antidote
5 Cool Drinks
5 Hot Drinks
2 Max Potion
Powercharm
Powertalon
Armorcharm
Armortalon
Well-done Steak
Dung Bomb
Mega Pickaxe
Whetstone
---
3DS Friend Code: 3411-0282-6094
#35arche289Posted 7/20/2014 4:59:43 PM
I solo g rank a lot and don't have all the hottest gear, so I got used to bringing lots of healing and not being reckless. But in some teams things go really bad so I'm happy to keep my potions with me to do all I can to not cart.

Reality - not all of us are pro, and you aren't affected by what I'm carrying so there isn't a problem. ;)
---
Getting older but not wiser
#36vorlik29Posted 7/20/2014 5:25:44 PM
KogaSteelfang posted...
vorlik29 posted...

It's not wrong. I'll take a hunting partner who fights aggressively and chances death if they make too many consecutive mistakes over someone somehow drinking 10+ Mega Potions per quest.

That's not to mention the fact Max Potions are also great just to get a full heal after a couple hits. Better than drinking 2-3 Mega Pots to get the same heal.

So, getting killed is better than healing in your opinion? And needing Max potions to stay alive is better than only needing weaker potions?
Also, you're implying people who bring lots of potions aren't attacking. Ever think that maybe being aggressive is what gets them hit?
No, it'd never be anything like that, couldn't be.

Basically, you'd rather fight recklessly with a group of careless players who are all ok with dying, rather than actually being prepared and taking 3 seconds to heal.
Like I said, sounds wrong.
I'm not criticizing you, because it obviously works for you, but criticizing the cautious players for being prepared, then saying you'd rather be killed in a quest(No one wants this) just seems ignorant.

This is getting fun. No, of course dying is not better than healing. That's you twisting words out of context and making some assumptions along the way.

Using Max Potions to stay alive instead of multiple Mega Potions is absolutely better. It's more healing with less flexing time. People who bring many potions have mostly all mentioned it's for actual use when "things go bad," so by definition they aren't attacking as much; they're instead healing. Clearly not every quest, but it's surely happening enough that they prepare for it to happen. Of course learning to play aggressive successfully is something where you'll transition through a potion chugging phase. However, in the end you'll come out a better player for it.

You seem to have this belief that those who fight aggressively are actually fighting recklessly or carelessly, and thereby getting hit a bunch and dying, which of course slows quest times.That's not a reasonable equivocation though. It's not about trying to get some long combo off despite an obvious incoming attack; that's reckless. Your goal is to keep pressure on a monster by attacking, evading, and positioning so as not to get hit. Again, the less you get hit, the less time you spend healing.

I'm not perfect. I do bring potions and I do get hit, like everyone does. My point was never that people shouldn't be healing, rather that if you're downing 20 Mega Potions you need to be doing something differently.

VisceralLuster nailed it on the end of his latest post, "TL;DR: If you need a whole crapton of healing items, you may want to reconsider your strategies. And/or get more practice with that whole dodging thing."
---
MH3U: Vorlik
3DS FC: 4167-5467-3939
#37KogaSteelfangPosted 7/20/2014 6:08:00 PM(edited)
vorlik29 posted...

This is getting fun. No, of course dying is not better than healing. That's you twisting words out of context and making some assumptions along the way.

Using Max Potions to stay alive instead of multiple Mega Potions is absolutely better. It's more healing with less flexing time. People who bring many potions have mostly all mentioned it's for actual use when "things go bad," so by definition they aren't attacking as much; they're instead healing. Clearly not every quest, but it's surely happening enough that they prepare for it to happen. Of course learning to play aggressive successfully is something where you'll transition through a potion chugging phase. However, in the end you'll come out a better player for it.

You seem to have this belief that those who fight aggressively are actually fighting recklessly or carelessly, and thereby getting hit a bunch and dying, which of course slows quest times.That's not a reasonable equivocation though. It's not about trying to get some long combo off despite an obvious incoming attack; that's reckless. Your goal is to keep pressure on a monster by attacking, evading, and positioning so as not to get hit. Again, the less you get hit, the less time you spend healing.

I'm not perfect. I do bring potions and I do get hit, like everyone does. My point was never that people shouldn't be healing, rather that if you're downing 20 Mega Potions you need to be doing something differently.

VisceralLuster nailed it on the end of his latest post, "TL;DR: If you need a whole crapton of healing items, you may want to reconsider your strategies. And/or get more practice with that whole dodging thing."

I didn't twist your words. You said you bring max potions to recover after a death.
It's not an assumption that you prepare for death to happen.
While also criticizing others for bringing items to prevent that potentially quest threatening situation.
Did you notice that none of those who bring that many potions needed max potions to recover from a death?

Of course death still happens, no one is perfect, and yes, flexing wastes a bit of time. But it takes like 3 seconds to use a potion, if they burn through all 20, that's 1 minute of time not spent attacking.
Is 1 minute actually that big of a deal? It probably takes that much time, or longer to recover from a death and make your way back to the monster...

See my point? The kind of potion really makes no difference, but you stating you'd rather die and use a max potion, and play with others who do the same, over people who bring(Not necessarily use) an abundance of items just sounds wreckless.

TLDR: It takes just as much time to recover from a death as it does to drink 20 potions.
The difference being, drinking potions doesn't risk failure like a death does.
---
#38DespondentDeityPosted 7/20/2014 6:22:27 PM
Teammates?
---
http://i.imgur.com/k0VJ3.png
Your father lied. Killing is the sweetest thing there is.
#39vorlik29Posted 7/20/2014 8:16:07 PM
KogaSteelfang posted...
I didn't twist your words. You said you bring max potions to recover after a death.
It's not an assumption that you prepare for death to happen.
While also criticizing others for bringing items to prevent that potentially quest threatening situation.
Did you notice that none of those who bring that many potions needed max potions to recover from a death?

Of course death still happens, no one is perfect, and yes, flexing wastes a bit of time. But it takes like 3 seconds to use a potion, if they burn through all 20, that's 1 minute of time not spent attacking.
Is 1 minute actually that big of a deal? It probably takes that much time, or longer to recover from a death and make your way back to the monster...

See my point? The kind of potion really makes no difference, but you stating you'd rather die and use a max potion, and play with others who do the same, over people who bring(Not necessarily use) an abundance of items just sounds wreckless.

TLDR: It takes just as much time to recover from a death as it does to drink 20 potions.
The difference being, drinking potions doesn't risk failure like a death does.

Yeah, so I think our difference in opinion comes with assumptions on both sides here. See because I said I bring Max Potions for the odd time death occurs, which isn't very often even playing what I term aggressively, you're taking that to mean I'm planning for death or die often. On the other side, I'm assuming that because people are toting along masses of potions that they are in fact using most them most of the time, or else they wouldn't bring them. That's probably not the case. Assuming a median level of skill and competency for everyone here, neither situation is common.

That being said, I rather err on the side of fewer potions with few deaths, over the side of tons of potions taking a bunch of space for the few times you need that many. Like, it's more efficient to me to just consolidate the healing you get from those extra 10 Mega Pots or whatever into the healing you could get from 2 Max Potions, with the added bonus that if for whatever reason you happen to die, you're covered. It makes it easier to have more space for capture related items, flash bombs, etc, that some of you aren't indicating that you bring. Even if you have no plans of capturing, it's smart to have those items along. Many times I've hunted with people that don't plan ahead and bring them, but then call out cap so I cover their ass by having the mats for it on hand. Or they are hunting Los/Ian mantles or something which you should cap for, but they just don't know not to kill. Happens in random rooms all the time to me, so I just cap it before they blindly kill it.

Also, comparing the time it takes to drink potions with the time it takes to die, revive, trudge back to battle isn't really accurate. You don't just compare the time you take drinking and flexing, your three second estimate. You have to get clear of a monster, wait for an opening to drink, then get back in the fray. That's cumbersome and time consuming, especially if you miss great attacking opportunities to do so.

We elitists always have to have something to argue over, you know.
---
MH3U: Vorlik
3DS FC: 4167-5467-3939
#40KogaSteelfangPosted 7/20/2014 8:40:59 PM
vorlik29 posted...

Yeah, so I think our difference in opinion comes with assumptions on both sides here. See because I said I bring Max Potions for the odd time death occurs, which isn't very often even playing what I term aggressively, you're taking that to mean I'm planning for death or die often. On the other side, I'm assuming that because people are toting along masses of potions that they are in fact using most them most of the time, or else they wouldn't bring them. That's probably not the case. Assuming a median level of skill and competency for everyone here, neither situation is common.

That being said, I rather err on the side of fewer potions with few deaths, over the side of tons of potions taking a bunch of space for the few times you need that many. Like, it's more efficient to me to just consolidate the healing you get from those extra 10 Mega Pots or whatever into the healing you could get from 2 Max Potions, with the added bonus that if for whatever reason you happen to die, you're covered. It makes it easier to have more space for capture related items, flash bombs, etc, that some of you aren't indicating that you bring. Even if you have no plans of capturing, it's smart to have those items along. Many times I've hunted with people that don't plan ahead and bring them, but then call out cap so I cover their ass by having the mats for it on hand. Or they are hunting Los/Ian mantles or something which you should cap for, but they just don't know not to kill. Happens in random rooms all the time to me, so I just cap it before they blindly kill it.

Also, comparing the time it takes to drink potions with the time it takes to die, revive, trudge back to battle isn't really accurate. You don't just compare the time you take drinking and flexing, your three second estimate. You have to get clear of a monster, wait for an opening to drink, then get back in the fray. That's cumbersome and time consuming, especially if you miss great attacking opportunities to do so.

We elitists always have to have something to argue over, you know.

I'd rather, and assumingly most others here, would rather err on the side of caution. IMO, avoiding a death should be top priority, with damage dealing just behind that. What good is it to deal damage if you fail due to deaths?

Normally, I'd totally agree with what you're saying about the max potions, IF you hadn't said you don't get why people bring so many potions. It's the same situation, to stay alive. So I didn't understand why you said you were ok with dying, but not playing with people who are over prepared. Those 2 things just don't compute in my mind.
Especially considering the impact a death has on the quest, and requiring several items to be used to regain the boosts you lost(Max potion, demondrug, etc).

Also, yeah, you need to find an opening to use a potion, but I've never needed much time for that, even solo. I keep my HP full, so I can still be attacking while I want to use a potion, when an opportunity arises, I take it, and it's done. Full HP, and right back into the fray.
A death though sends you potentially several areas away, leaving quite a gap where you're dealing no damage at all, but instead are just trying to catch up, while you lost 1/3rd of the reward money, and risk the whole thing if others are unlucky too.

Are you saying that you're elitist, or both of us? I've never been called that, and it's hard to tell from the context of your post.

I think the biggest issue between us is the flexing involved with potions, I don't find a big deal to take a moment to heal when needed, while you'd apparently rather keep fighting into the dangerous levels.
In the end, it doesn't matter really, your system works for you, mine for me, others for them.
Thanks for being civil about this. :)
---