When did you start your MH career?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. When did you start your MH career?

User Info: AnygameAnytime

AnygameAnytime
2 years ago#1
As in, what game in the series did you start playing? I played MH1 back on the Playstation 2 and hadn't played in a long time until a friend got me to buy MH3U. It's surprising how little the game has changed over the years but still manages to be a blast.

User Info: Run_2_the_Hills

Run_2_the_Hills
2 years ago#2
MHFU on the psp. i can claw

User Info: AnnihilatorSol

AnnihilatorSol
2 years ago#3
MHFU in the psp, it was a horrible experience..

Then I played mh3u, the tutorial (while super boring for most veterans) actually helped me through the early game, and then I started to like it the game more and more. (having played on 3ds, I had no access to online so I'm glad they don't let you get 1-2 hit killed by tigrex on the very first mission). That was a huge wall. And the fact that it takes 3-5 minutes to get to the summit and just die to a tigrex was crazy. Whoever thought mhfu was noob friendly was crazy.

So yeah thank God mh3u, and thank goodness I finally learned how to enjoy this game. PS no one plays this game in my area so learning from other people back in the day was impossible (before internet days/youtube).

User Info: final01

final01
2 years ago#4
I've been playing since the ps2 and have played every version that has come out in the states so far. I'll be buying a 3ds so i can play mh4 as well. I will admit mhfu was probably my least favorite mh game.
Greatest trick the devil ever played was to convince the world he didn't exist.
I never fail i only succeed at finding what doesn't work.

User Info: CommodoreConn

CommodoreConn
2 years ago#5
Honestly I never really had a psp as a kid, I was always more of a nintendo guy, but one day I got Monster Hunter Tri on a whim and never looked back. I loved the game so much I went out and bought a psp 3000 after beating tri's online campaign and played through MHFU by myself, though I hated using the UMD since it constantly fell out of place. Now I have MH3U for my 3ds, and a digital copy of MHFU on my vita so I can swap between them when my batteries get low. All I need now is a release date for MH4U
Pokemon Y FC 4742-5499-3144
Friend Safari Fighting Type: Meinfoo, Pancham, Tyrogue

User Info: Run_2_the_Hills

Run_2_the_Hills
2 years ago#6
AnnihilatorSol posted...
MHFU in the psp, it was a horrible experience..

Then I played mh3u, the tutorial (while super boring for most veterans) actually helped me through the early game, and then I started to like it the game more and more.

what? MHFU helped more in the tutorial than MH3U imo unless you're just talking about the demo

User Info: aybarra92

aybarra92
2 years ago#7
i started MH1 a couple months before the servers went down then immediately bought a psp and freedom the rest is history XD
"Sene sovya caba'donde ain dovienya."
"Luck is a horse to ride like any other."

User Info: AlphaDiamond

AlphaDiamond
2 years ago#8
Well, i remember playing MH1 in ps2 long time ago, but back then i wasn't that interested. it was a bit hard for me at that time to do things. then, time passed until i discovered MH3G was going to be released in Japan and, as it was going to last a bit more to come here, I started playing one of the PSP games (i don't remember which one). but this time, with MH3U, i have already reached a far point of the adventure

User Info: euklb

euklb
2 years ago#9
MH1 on ps2

those were the days
Row row fight the Power
JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?

User Info: MettanAtem

MettanAtem
2 years ago#10
Over a year ago with this game.
Yeah, it's been that long already, hasn't it?
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. When did you start your MH career?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived