When did you start your MH career?

#1AnygameAnytimePosted 7/18/2014 8:55:07 PM
As in, what game in the series did you start playing? I played MH1 back on the Playstation 2 and hadn't played in a long time until a friend got me to buy MH3U. It's surprising how little the game has changed over the years but still manages to be a blast.
#2Run_2_the_HillsPosted 7/18/2014 8:59:30 PM
MHFU on the psp. i can claw
#3AnnihilatorSolPosted 7/18/2014 9:17:04 PM
MHFU in the psp, it was a horrible experience..

Then I played mh3u, the tutorial (while super boring for most veterans) actually helped me through the early game, and then I started to like it the game more and more. (having played on 3ds, I had no access to online so I'm glad they don't let you get 1-2 hit killed by tigrex on the very first mission). That was a huge wall. And the fact that it takes 3-5 minutes to get to the summit and just die to a tigrex was crazy. Whoever thought mhfu was noob friendly was crazy.

So yeah thank God mh3u, and thank goodness I finally learned how to enjoy this game. PS no one plays this game in my area so learning from other people back in the day was impossible (before internet days/youtube).
#4final01Posted 7/18/2014 10:14:58 PM
I've been playing since the ps2 and have played every version that has come out in the states so far. I'll be buying a 3ds so i can play mh4 as well. I will admit mhfu was probably my least favorite mh game.
---
Greatest trick the devil ever played was to convince the world he didn't exist.
I never fail i only succeed at finding what doesn't work.
#5CommodoreConnPosted 7/18/2014 10:26:08 PM
Honestly I never really had a psp as a kid, I was always more of a nintendo guy, but one day I got Monster Hunter Tri on a whim and never looked back. I loved the game so much I went out and bought a psp 3000 after beating tri's online campaign and played through MHFU by myself, though I hated using the UMD since it constantly fell out of place. Now I have MH3U for my 3ds, and a digital copy of MHFU on my vita so I can swap between them when my batteries get low. All I need now is a release date for MH4U
---
Pokemon Y FC 4742-5499-3144
Friend Safari Fighting Type: Meinfoo, Pancham, Tyrogue
#6Run_2_the_HillsPosted 7/18/2014 10:59:18 PM
AnnihilatorSol posted...
MHFU in the psp, it was a horrible experience..

Then I played mh3u, the tutorial (while super boring for most veterans) actually helped me through the early game, and then I started to like it the game more and more.

what? MHFU helped more in the tutorial than MH3U imo unless you're just talking about the demo
#7aybarra92Posted 7/19/2014 1:26:36 AM
i started MH1 a couple months before the servers went down then immediately bought a psp and freedom the rest is history XD
---
"Sene sovya caba'donde ain dovienya."
"Luck is a horse to ride like any other."
#8AlphaDiamondPosted 7/19/2014 1:55:10 AM
Well, i remember playing MH1 in ps2 long time ago, but back then i wasn't that interested. it was a bit hard for me at that time to do things. then, time passed until i discovered MH3G was going to be released in Japan and, as it was going to last a bit more to come here, I started playing one of the PSP games (i don't remember which one). but this time, with MH3U, i have already reached a far point of the adventure
#9euklbPosted 7/19/2014 3:42:38 AM
MH1 on ps2

those were the days
---
Row row fight the Power
JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?
#10MettanAtemPosted 7/19/2014 5:25:19 AM
Over a year ago with this game.
Yeah, it's been that long already, hasn't it?