ITT: Things that monster hunter does wrong.

#11CommodoreConnPosted 7/19/2014 7:55:38 PM
Definitely tutorials, capcom kind of depends on the core players to educate the noobs and that doesn't always work well. Making the maps one arena in a open world area would be a cool idea to fix the out-of-bounds issues but it might make the game easier.
---
Pokemon Y FC 4742-5499-3144
Friend Safari Fighting Type: Meinfoo, Pancham, Tyrogue
#12EvilBeards(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2014 8:02:32 PM
Egoraptoire posted...
Emuchu posted...
There's nothing wrong with hit detection.

http://youtu.be/J9I1-47T7Lw?t=1m52s

It's certainly not perfect.

Oh I thought you were saying they were, no yeah I agree completely, still kinda bad.
#13ToxicJuiceboxPosted 7/19/2014 8:35:20 PM
EvilBeards posted...
Egoraptoire posted...
Emuchu posted...
There's nothing wrong with hit detection.

http://youtu.be/J9I1-47T7Lw?t=1m52s

It's certainly not perfect.

Oh I thought you were saying they were, no yeah I agree completely, still kinda bad.

Is there any word from Japan on how the hitboxes are in MH4?
---
3DS Friend Code: 3411-0282-6094
#14PhoenixBaggiPosted 7/20/2014 1:38:19 AM
Plesioth is now an underwater monster in a game series that considers underwater combat a failed experiment. It's gonna be a long time till you see him again.
#15sacrontinePosted 7/20/2014 3:34:59 AM
Some areas are just too damn small, I think they should be 3 or 4 times bigger on average. Monsters in this game behave very weirdly around walls so we should be allowed to fight them in open spaces. Especially hate when monster hang around in the inaccessible sections that connect areas together.
#16petrie911Posted 7/20/2014 8:57:42 AM
If I'm moving at all when I draw my lance, I do the draw attack. Even if I'm holding R. Seriously, if I'm not pressing a direction on the control pad and I draw with R+X, I clearly want to draw into blocking. Why can't it just do that?
---
Belief or disbelief rests with you.
#17narfaPosted 7/20/2014 10:52:59 AM
Myself and a few friends just started playing and my major issue with the game is that the intro curve is too steep. A lot of stuff you can kind of figure out, but things like elemental weaknesses, monster stamina, damage zones, breakable parts, and different weapon abilities there is no way to know besides just guess.

I settled on using a bow because it seemed like the most simple entry level weapon for someone who has never played the game, but I had to look up how to apply coating. Small weapon and combat tutorials would go along way.

I also find the inventory system clunky and unintuitive but that seems to be standard in Japanese imports.
---
black out or get out.
#18VisceralLusterPosted 7/20/2014 11:47:22 AM
Y'know, I'm actually kind of sad that they're ditching underwater combat. I've actually come to enjoy it on some level. It's a tactical challenge, it needs refining, but it's not broken.

I really wish the AIs reacted to each other more. Big monsters clashing with each other over territory, small monsters getting the heck outta dodge, monsters actually affecting each other beyond sliding them off to one side...

They're making improvements, but the improvements are slow. Also, in MH3U, I find it annoying that most of the weapons you get have to be upgraded from other weapons and can't be outright purchased with zenny and extra materials, like they were in MHFU.
#19Hyperion56780Posted 7/20/2014 11:48:27 AM
petrie911 posted...
If I'm moving at all when I draw my lance, I do the draw attack. Even if I'm holding R. Seriously, if I'm not pressing a direction on the control pad and I draw with R+X, I clearly want to draw into blocking. Why can't it just do that?

Yes it can, it's R+X+A.

narfa posted...
Myself and a few friends just started playing and my major issue with the game is that the intro curve is too steep. A lot of stuff you can kind of figure out, but things like elemental weaknesses, monster stamina, damage zones, breakable parts, and different weapon abilities there is no way to know besides just guess.

I settled on using a bow because it seemed like the most simple entry level weapon for someone who has never played the game, but I had to look up how to apply coating. Small weapon and combat tutorials would go along way.

I also find the inventory system clunky and unintuitive but that seems to be standard in Japanese imports.

How to apply coating, and how to use weapons are available in Hunter's Notes > Hunter Info > Basics & Controls > Weapon Guide.
#20narfaPosted 7/20/2014 12:05:00 PM
Thanks for that info, Hyperion. I was not aware of that. I'm not near my Wii U at the moment, does it show info all weapons?
---
black out or get out.