ITT: Things that monster hunter does wrong.

#21flanqerPosted 7/20/2014 1:13:51 PM
narfa posted...
Thanks for that info, Hyperion. I was not aware of that. I'm not near my Wii U at the moment, does it show info all weapons?

Yes, it does. You can also find info about the controls for each weapon in the e-manual: press the Home button, tap Manual, scroll down and select the section for the weapon you're interested in.
#22Furan-SanPosted 7/20/2014 2:24:10 PM
"Flexing as you drink a Potion" and "unsheathing your weapon to sheath it and use a wetstone on it" made my boyfriend HATE this game so bad.
---
May the schwartz be with you, always.
"Rin, Hyo, To, Sha, Kai, Shin, Retsu, Zai, Zen"
#23TehTrumpCardPosted 7/20/2014 8:33:10 PM
Rathian rush spam
Why do all three of these do so much damage!? Zinogre's fully charged triple paw isn't even as strong...

BBQ
Why does everything but this get a meter? MH's soundtrack is no where near good enough to keep on at all times just to accomplish what should be a menial task. I know you can time it but if the pinning gets a bar this should for damn sure.

Skyemerald craze
(Almost) Everything in the upper levels of G-rank seems to require this. Is it that hard to program the game so you don't need to fight Zinogre a million times for a rare drop that has to be distributed a billion weapons and armors.

Underwater combat
If you don't dodge upward or downward you will get hit (almost) every time without fail.

No Friends No Chance
Certain items can only be obtained by using the Guild Card feature. Getting the item (or rather enough of said item) is a matter of how generous the unforgiving RNG for these items decides to be. Also you need an absurd number of hunts with someone who you have on your guild card to access the OP tier of Veggie Elder tickets. Not everyone lives in Japan and even though I've played at least 200+ hunts with a friend IRL I'm only now reaching the Gold tickets...

Tedious RNG
Certain items can only be obtain using the Argosy and/or Fleet and these things can only be refreshed by playing several quest. The best part is Argosy can't even be checked during in multiplayer so you have to leave the room...
---
http://tinyurl.com/trump-nowi http://tinyurl.com/parfumworks http://tinyurl.com/lwy6q93
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 NNID:SimplyTJB PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#24nimbus125Posted 7/20/2014 8:46:44 PM
TehTrumpCard posted...

BBQ
Why does everything but this get a meter? MH's soundtrack is no where near good enough to keep on at all times just to accomplish what should be a menial task. I know you can time it but if the pinning gets a bar this should for damn sure.

1: Monster Hunter has a nice soundtrack, with things like the opening Tundra Theme being good, and Brachy's theme being an awesome song to listen to. And quite frankly, playing with it muted just seems odd... 2: You don't need music or timing to do it, you can tell by looks for when it's done.
#25AnnihilatorSolPosted 7/20/2014 9:44:26 PM
Furan-San posted...
my boyfriend HATE this game s

They can easily change that to making the drink animation longer, and sharpen 6x instead of 4.
#26pinipigbombPosted 7/21/2014 6:36:36 PM
AnnihilatorSol posted...
Furan-San posted...
my boyfriend HATE this game s

They can easily change that to making the drink animation longer, and sharpen 6x instead of 4.

I think they're complaining about how the drink animation is too long due to the flexing at the end. I, personally don't see it as that much of a concern. As for the whetstone issue, it didn't really bother me until I thought about it. You have to sheathe your weapon, only to take it out again to sharpen it, and then you put it away. It would be a little handy if whetstones could be used without needing to sheathe your weapon.
#27AnnihilatorSolPosted 7/21/2014 11:10:39 PM
pinipigbomb posted...
mplaining about how the drink animation is too long due to the flexing at th

I understand hence what I said, they can make the drink animation longer and remove the flexing. Same thing..
#28SolidKnightPosted 7/22/2014 7:48:20 AM
EvilBeards posted...
AI and Collision

The AI is okay for the most part. The monsters do get stuck in an AI or non-responsive loop on rare occasion.

The collision is fine for most monsters albeit there are instances where the hitbox extends in directions that don't make sense or are larger than they should be.

There is a design issue that occurs because of the varying size of monsters. Some monsters with tail spin moves can be tall enough so that their tail is always over the player's head. I suppose the designers still wanted the monster's tail spin attacks to still be functional so they made the hit boxes extend further down than the actual visible geometry of the monster's tail.
#29tuffydogPosted 7/22/2014 7:53:37 AM
AnnihilatorSol posted...
I understand hence what I said, they can make the drink animation longer and remove the flexing. Same thing..

Still having the drink take effect at the same time in the animation but having the chug animation take longer would be a good way to go. Players still need to time their drinks for the best openings, but wouldn't feel quite so silly when getting clobbered during the post drink effect animation.
#30TehTrumpCardPosted 7/22/2014 11:16:43 AM
nimbus125 posted...
TehTrumpCard posted...

BBQ

1: Monster Hunter has a nice soundtrack, with things like the opening Tundra Theme being good, and Brachy's theme being an awesome song to listen to. And quite frankly, playing with it muted just seems odd... 2: You don't need music or timing to do it, you can tell by looks for when it's done.

1. It's not really that odd when you play any game for 100+ hours and you decide to play songs off your iPod. I turned off the Fire Emblem: Awakening soundtrack after 10 hrs. of grinding for Apotheosis. CoD I instinctively mute since I can read the mini-map while paying attention to my screen.
2. I'm not trying to press my face up to the screen (I wear glasses) to try and get the exact frames for the well dones when Energy Drinks are far less tedious to craft as a whole.
---
http://tinyurl.com/trump-nowi http://tinyurl.com/parfumworks http://tinyurl.com/lwy6q93
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 NNID:SimplyTJB PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard