f*** you rathalos mantle, just f*** you with a rusty Duramboros tail

#1MuintirPosted 8/2/2014 4:39:26 AM
I had a couple in the past but used them for what i wanted at the time. I am trying to upgrade the wyvern ds and need a los mantle. Should be no problem since i tend to get rare items rather easily. I have been hunting for this specific drop for nearly 3 weeks and have not gotten 1. I hunted regular, azure, & silver los so much I was able to finish all armor sets of each. This is getting really aggravating at this point.

What item eluded you for the longest time?
#2orBhsiFPosted 8/2/2014 4:53:50 AM
Just wait till you need to farm Skyswayers and you can't find a competent enough group to kill Ala.

And when you do and break both horns, you don't get one.
---
3DS FC: 2981-6459-5877 - Add me at will! Just PM me after.
#3TerenigmaPosted 8/2/2014 5:16:21 AM
I have an ongoing fustration of my lack of chum-chum tickets. 250hours played on the game and i still only have 6 of the damn things. (I need 10) and noone seems to know a decent way of getting them other than "feed chacha and kayamba during quests and play alot of quests with them" which i do, to no avail.

For the mantle tho, i suggest farming silver with a group, he's ridiculously easy and he's popular enough that you should be able to find a group willing to farm him. Iv had 3 drop from him in about 10 runs when i was farming for the gunner set, best drop rate iv seen for it. Break head/tail and capture to improve the odds.
---
Bleach Dark Souls: 3265-4335-4188
JUS FC: 0216-1316-3427
#4DespondentDeityPosted 8/2/2014 6:05:16 AM
Just do Fate and Fire, it's mad easy and has the best chance of giving a Rathalos Mantle as regular rewards (top two rows). Eat for Ultra Lucky Cat or gem in Fate for more chances at it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/k0VJ3.png
Your father lied. Killing is the sweetest thing there is.
#5TarotistPosted 8/2/2014 7:03:07 AM
I've gotten four Rathalos Mantles throughout my playthrough, but I've only needed one (for a piece of Alatreon armor). After that, they're basically just sitting there...

Hardhorns, Sapphires, Skymeralds, and Pallium weren't much of a problem. And I got the three Cloudy Moonshards I needed unexpectedly easily. It's the RATHIAN Mantles that were avoiding me so much, and I needed a lot of em...

Empress Garden
Blossomayhem
That Alatreon armor piece.
Gold Rathian's Armor Set
Shining Ishtar (took me forever to get the second Mantle)
---
Virgin Master Race. Duhuhu~
#6DespondentDeityPosted 8/2/2014 7:15:22 AM
Tarotist posted...
Shining Ishtar

After I spent days getting this I got like 6 mantles trying to get a Skymerald from Mountain Massacre.
---
http://i.imgur.com/k0VJ3.png
Your father lied. Killing is the sweetest thing there is.
#7Muintir(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 2:21:49 PM
Tarotist posted...
I've gotten four Rathalos Mantles throughout my playthrough, but I've only needed one (for a piece of Alatreon armor). After that, they're basically just sitting there...

Hardhorns, Sapphires, Skymeralds, and Pallium weren't much of a problem. And I got the three Cloudy Moonshards I needed unexpectedly easily. It's the RATHIAN Mantles that were avoiding me so much, and I needed a lot of em...

Empress Garden
Blossomayhem
That Alatreon armor piece.
Gold Rathian's Armor Set
Shining Ishtar (took me forever to get the second Mantle)

Gold rathian is your best bet for rath stuff. Gems were a dime a dozen and there were quite a few runs where I would get mantles from the tail and as a reward in the same hunt
#8PhatCamoPosted 8/2/2014 6:56:54 PM
Just recently trying to get Rathian Ruby has been annoying. Claimed a dozen mantles or so but the ruby doesn't want to show, only because I'm looking for it no doubt, had a few in the past!