Someone explain all this clan stuff for me

#1Luigi4PresidentPosted 9/21/2012 7:02:28 PM
I really want to get into this game when I do buy it, so I'm wondering how online works, and what exactly are these clans I always read about here. Can someone summarize please? Thanks in advance.
---
Every time I find the key to success, somebody changes the locks.
#2osellis3Posted 9/21/2012 8:55:26 PM
Don't join a clan, it takes the fun out of the game by making it too competitive.
Personally I would play it and move on when I get bored (probably pretty fast).
It may seem like fun at first, but it makes this will to play the game whether you actually want to play or not.
---
DRAGONAIR* or whatever
#3voidecho1Posted 9/21/2012 10:34:42 PM
^Not sure about that. I would have never enjoyed GE as much if I hadn't found a great group of guys to play with.

There are social clans and competitive clans and some that are both. Basically it's a group of friends to play and talk about the game with.

Some clans take things way too seriously.
---
If I'm playing, I'm sure I'll be chatting here...
http://and-clan.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=chat
#4DBPanterAPosted 9/21/2012 11:47:11 PM
Luigi4President posted...
I really want to get into this game when I do buy it, so I'm wondering how online works, and what exactly are these clans I always read about here. Can someone summarize please? Thanks in advance.

We currently do not know much about the Wii U on-line capabilities, how the friend system in game will work, and how MiiVerse ties into all of this.

Clans were groups of players that would play together. There are pros and cons to clans. You generally want to find a group of people that play at the same time as you.

Being in a clan helps when playing a team game, because you build awareness with what others will do, how they play the game, and it makes you play better as a cohesive group. For instance, someone that was good at sniping could have a field day, while the others would run and gun and clean up the left overs.

The big question that remains is how stable the internet connection for on-line games will be. Latency, or lag, played a critical part in the success of those who spent numerous hours playing GE on the Wii. We simply will not know until the game is out.
---
GE 007 Wii FC: 3219 3898 2992 &. Minnesota
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#5DTY3Posted 9/22/2012 12:48:12 PM
osellis3 posted...
Don't join a clan, it takes the fun out of the game by making it too competitive.
Personally I would play it and move on when I get bored (probably pretty fast).
It may seem like fun at first, but it makes this will to play the game whether you actually want to play or not.

Not ifyoure in a clan like Mega Man. We just have fun.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
LP's and more. Read the Bayonetta 2 ****storm with me!
#6SwirlzPosted 9/22/2012 1:05:11 PM
lol
---
Jingle. Dem. KEYS.
GE FC : 3264-7372-5696
#7_MMG_Posted 9/22/2012 1:20:09 PM
Clans are fun but so is running solo.