do we know how missions are structured?

#1cvmckenziePosted 10/1/2012 10:12:59 PM
A lot of people are saying that since this game covers 6 movies that the game will be the length of 6 goldeneyes. As great as that would be, I know odds are good that thats nowhere near close to true, but i'm wondering if its been mentioned anywhere how much inclusion we can expect to see from something like moonraker, for example.

Will we get the films whole narrative picture through a handful of missions or is the single player set up to just highlight one or two action sequences of a particular film before moving on to the next without explaination?
---
---
#2tizzywilkillyouPosted 10/2/2012 1:18:41 PM
The campaign will probably be marginally longer (at best) than the GE campaign. It'll probably be comparable in scope, though there has been no confirmation that I've seen. Not a lot of details about this game are really out there, especially the multiplayer.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#3cvmckenzie(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 7:31:39 PM
Possible, but doubtful, spoiler warning.

After some mostly fruitless googling it appears that the campaign will play more as brief "flashbacks" from famous bond sequences moreso than episodic missions with a beginning, middle and end following the films. Whole life flashing randomly before james' eyes sort of stuff.

I credit amazon's product listing (which has all kinds of info found nowhere else) as well as the 007legends community section of the official game site for those of you wondering if i pulled that out of my ass.

Heres to hoping for gadgets that arent smartphones and a cool narrative that isnt as cliche as it sounds
---
---
#4Numbuh100Posted 10/4/2012 8:27:55 AM
Well, surely, they're not gonna do every sequence from every movies. It will probably start at certain areas that will lead to boss fights.
---
Goldeneye Wii: 2626-8957-8168 Name: 00K=MMK-OMC
PSN: THE_REAL_MMK
#5cvmckenzie(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 9:31:35 PM
Numbuh100 posted...
Well, surely, they're not gonna do every sequence from every movies. It will probably start at certain areas that will lead to boss fights.

Obviously. I was just hoping for a stronger story than randomized dream sequence flashbacks. A new narrative that included the most memorable elements and characters from each of the films, just portrayed in new light for example.
---
---
#6TulkiPosted 10/12/2012 7:54:14 PM
Heres to hoping for gadgets that arent smartphones and a cool narrative that isnt as cliche as it sounds

Yes please. But seeing as Daniel Craig stars in every flashback, I kind of doubt they're doing this, which would really suck. I was hoping for a "Timesplitters-esque" feel where each mission has its own period-appropriate weaponry and gadgets.
---
Blue Wizard is about to die!
... Red Knight shot the food!
#7cvmckenzie(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 10:23:18 PM
Tulki posted...

Yes please. But seeing as Daniel Craig stars in every flashback, I kind of doubt they're doing this, which would really suck. I was hoping for a "Timesplitters-esque" feel where each mission has its own period-appropriate weaponry and gadgets.

That's close to what I'm hoping for as well, I just prefer a more modern setting, I guess. we're both probably right in assuming we're not getting what we'd like, but if it's as good as goldeneye where funfactor is concerned, It'll be a happy purchase.

On the topic of craig, though, while I understand he's supposed to be an unstoppable, action-oriented, brute f-up who doesn't need gadgets or pizazz ... I miss the damn watch.
---
---