Possibly interested in getting this game. Got some questions.

#1izzymc85Posted 5/1/2014 9:03:47 PM
So my friends and I play a lot of Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and GoldenEye on the Wii whenever we hang out. Now with Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. on the horizon I want to include an FPS as well to complete the move from Wii to Wii U, and I'm wondering if this game would fit that. Also the shutdown of the Wii servers is also helping influence the move.

It's mandatory that it local multiplayer has 4 player split screen, and this game seems to fit that so far. We also tend to like Bond games a lot. So I got some questions.

- Is there a lot of modifiers for the local multiplayer like GoldenEye Wii?

- Are there only preset loads for local multiplayer similar to GoldenEye Wii, or are you allowed to make your own loads?

- How is the online as far as stability goes?

- How often can I get a game going for online? I've been poking around on this board and it seems that Team Conflict is the only mode that is played without having to plan something on Miiverse. Am I able to hop on and hope for a not so long wait for a game?

Anything else that you feel that should be pointed out would be great.
#2ZAV1010Posted 5/4/2014 10:51:57 PM
izzymc85 posted...
So my friends and I play a lot of Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and GoldenEye on the Wii whenever we hang out. Now with Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. on the horizon I want to include an FPS as well to complete the move from Wii to Wii U, and I'm wondering if this game would fit that. Also the shutdown of the Wii servers is also helping influence the move.

It's mandatory that it local multiplayer has 4 player split screen, and this game seems to fit that so far. We also tend to like Bond games a lot. So I got some questions.

- Is there a lot of modifiers for the local multiplayer like GoldenEye Wii?

- Are there only preset loads for local multiplayer similar to GoldenEye Wii, or are you allowed to make your own loads?

- How is the online as far as stability goes?

- How often can I get a game going for online? I've been poking around on this board and it seems that Team Conflict is the only mode that is played without having to plan something on Miiverse. Am I able to hop on and hope for a not so long wait for a game?

Anything else that you feel that should be pointed out would be great.

The local splitscreen multiplayer far surpasses the local splitscreen multiplayer in GE Wii. There are custom loadouts, chooseable characters, more weapons and gadgets as well as the cheats. You can even play with a player using the gamepad as a screen. This is useful if you want to do a 1 v 1 and not see each other's screens.

Online is stable, but you have to watch out for the level glitch that sometimes occurs. Games are easy to find in Team Conflict and you can sometimes get games on the other modes, although the other modes are usually scheduled in the Miiverse boards.
---
Montages, Glitches, Commentaries and Competitive Gameplays: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZAV1010
#3izzymc85(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2014 11:35:17 PM
I've been convinced by SushiSuplex on the Wii U board to get this game. I'm going to order it tonight and hopefully get it this week. Thanks for the response though.
#4SushiSuplexPosted 5/5/2014 10:07:12 PM
It would seem like I am good at recruiting, yeah? xD
---
NNID/XBL/PSN - SushiSuplex
#5izzymc85(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2014 11:02:28 PM
Well I kind of intended to get Legends anyways, but you help cemented that. If anything you helped convinced me to get Black Ops 2 eventually.
#6izzymc85(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 2:58:41 AM
So I have a few questions about the local multiplayer. Are there custom loadouts instead of preset ones like GE Wii? Do you have to earn xp for offline custom loadouts? Is there an option for classic health bars as well for local multiplayer?
#7ZAV1010Posted 5/8/2014 9:45:52 AM
izzymc85 posted...
So I have a few questions about the local multiplayer. Are there custom loadouts instead of preset ones like GE Wii? Do you have to earn xp for offline custom loadouts? Is there an option for classic health bars as well for local multiplayer?

You can have custom loadouts and classic health.
---
Montages, Glitches, Commentaries and Competitive Gameplays: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZAV1010
#8izzymc85(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2014 1:18:25 PM
As a small update I just ordered the game yesterday and I should be getting it on Tuesday. Sometime on the 20th is when I'll be playing online. Would you guys recommend using the pro controller instead?
#9Numbuh100Posted 5/15/2014 9:00:55 PM
izzymc?

Now I know you're here....

You've met THE SHIELD on GoldenEye! :D
---
You are always mad, bro.
#10izzymc85(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2014 9:27:53 PM
Yes I have. Man you were just destroying me. GGs on GE. Are you on Legends as well?