Does anyone still play this game online?

#1B-Will94Posted 7/2/2014 11:52:45 AMmessage detail
I got this game for Christmas in 2013 and I played it for a bit and enjoyed it a lot. I specialized once, but I stopped playing shortly thereafter because there were very few people online and I would have to wait a very long time to get a game started. Do more people play this game now that the Wii servers went down? If so, let me know when you play, because I'd love to give Ghosts a break and pick up on Legends where I left off!

Thanks!
#2izzymc85Posted 7/2/2014 10:34:06 PMmessage detail
Well many players are still playing GoldenEye since those servers are still up. Though last I played there was a decent population. People are on mostly in the evenings (U.S. time). You could definitely get a game going in Team Conflict.
#3ZAV1010Posted 7/3/2014 12:45:26 PMmessage detail
People regularly schedule games on Miiverse so that would be a good place to check. I usually can jump right into a game online without waiting.
---
Montages, Glitches, Commentaries and Competitive Gameplays: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZAV1010
#4B-Will94(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 3:34:42 PMmessage detail
Oh, really? Wow, that's good news! I had almost given up hope that no one played this game anymore. And the Goldeneye servers are still up? I could have sworn that I read an article about a month ago indicating that no more Wii games can be played online... I guess I was mistaken. Thanks for the info! I will definitely give COD a break and get back to Legends. It is an amazing game, in my humble and unpopular opinion!
#5izzymc85Posted 7/3/2014 4:11:13 PMmessage detail
Yeah. They pulled the switch two months ago, but the server shut down has been lagging to actually go into effect. You know how that GoldenEye lag is.

Being serious though, only Activision published games are still online on the Wii. Basically all Wii CoD and GoldenEye are going to be online until Activision decides to shut them down. They're running on Activision's own servers which are not part of GameSpy's servers in any way, shape, or form.
#6B-Will94(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2014 9:07:00 AMmessage detail
Oh, I see. Hahaha. That's good to know. I went on the other day, but it's been about 8 months since I've played GE and it felt like such an old game compared to Legends and the latest two COD games. Great memories, though! Thanks for the info.
More topics from this board...
DA Champ is HereRS_YELARAKA76/28 3:04AM