FPS Wii community, be honest.. Do you like wiimote/IR or dual analog for fpsers?

#1Arcanine2009Posted 9/13/2012 10:40:48 PM(edited)
See topic title. Not including playstation move, but if you have experiencew/ it for games like Mag, please post here - Results (152 votes)
dual analog (please respond for which console--wii/ps3/360)
25.66% (39 votes)
wiimote + nunchuck
62.5% (95 votes)
I like both equally and think they are equally as responsive overall in their own ways for fpsers
11.84% (18 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Note:Dual analog for Wii would be considered classic controller and classic controller pro. Mousepad + keyboard isn't included.. Just dual analog vs wiimote IR pointer controls.

This goes out to all the people who have played FPSers on the Wii EXTENSIVELY(for several hours at least), and have also played dual analog controls such as classic controller for Wii or 360 or PS3 controller. This goes out especially to CoD Wii Vs the HD platforms...

I really want your personal opinion on which control set up you like more, and why, because a certain 360 CoD fan on the 360 BO2 board is skeptical about wiimote+nunchuck controls. He argues that IR pointing is slower and more unresponsive than dual analog, and requires way more effort, but admittingly has little experience with fpsers on the Wii.

Please be as honest as possible!

Thanks.
---
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
#2Imperfect_Dark2Posted 9/13/2012 11:05:48 PM
WiiMote slower than dual analogue? Hahahaha. That guy is very inexperienced with the Wii.

WiiMote all the way for me, obviously. And I do have experience with dual analogue - used CCP for about 9 days playtime on GE Wii - switched after that because WiiMote is so much better.
---
KANGA* is mai name.
#3PixelDaemonPosted 9/14/2012 12:58:22 AM
It goes something like this for FPS games

Mouse+keyboard>IR pointer>stylus>trackball>dual analog. It's pretty much the worst FPS control
---
"People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling."
#4Arcanine2009(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2012 1:24:21 AM
Imperfect_Dark2 posted...
WiiMote slower than dual analogue? Hahahaha. That guy is very inexperienced with the Wii.

WiiMote all the way for me, obviously. And I do have experience with dual analogue - used CCP for about 9 days playtime on GE Wii - switched after that because WiiMote is so much better.

Yeah..

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/64032142#38
---
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg359/ProdigyCashew/pterodactyl.gif
#5DoomsSDPosted 9/14/2012 1:29:56 AM
Wii Mote and Nunchuk turds all over Dual Analogue so much that it's not even funny.

It takes a while to master but once you do there's no going back.
#6X_D_D_XPosted 9/14/2012 1:38:07 AM
I prefer Wiimote controls.
---
3DS: 2578-3145-9387
#7ballermat982Posted 9/14/2012 5:20:46 AM
There are some people who are beasts with dual analog like sandy ravage and liquidtage, so to people like them I say stick with your dual analog. For me and many others though, dual analog is a pain in the ass compared to wiimote and nunchuk. I don't think I would be a fan of FPS games if it wasn't for the wiimote and nunchuk and games like goldeneye, cod, and conduit on the wii. Plus the wiimote is more realistic since, you know, you're actually aiming as if your controller was a real gun. It just makes it a much more enjoyable experience for me.
#8BirdPwNz100Posted 9/14/2012 6:51:03 AM
Wiiremote controls.
---
PSN: oBirdPwNz-
http://prntscr.com/87cd9 <- LOL
#9Soniv4Ever10Posted 9/14/2012 7:07:05 AM
I was going to type out a long story about how I started on wii and moved back to it after playing PS3 for a few years but that's unnecessary and I doubt anyone would read it anyway >_>. With or without aim assist my accuracy is great with a PS3 controller, with a wiimote+nunchuk it's 999x better. If Black Ops II didn't have wiimote support I probably wouldn't be buying it for any console and I'd think twice about buying a WiiU at launch, that's how big a difference it is for me.

Pointer controls are faster and more precise than dual analog controls could ever be, especially since the latter depends way too much on aim assist.
---
PSN: PhantomResonance
3DS FC: 3780-9478-6598
#10leechmaster21Posted 9/14/2012 7:31:03 AM
Wii Zapper for sure! But the tablet could give some interesting possibilities for use. I have played a lot of cod on my PS3 the last couple yrs, and it was hard to go back to playing in SD for the cod games on my wii, so I've pretty much stuck with my PS3 for playing cod. That being said, I've been itching for this wii U to come out so I can play a cod game in HD with the Wii Zapper controls.
---
Mario Kart Wii FC: 2406-5626-1259
PSN id- sweats_21