lol this place looks exactly like the mw3 wii board...

#71CheslukPosted 9/22/2012 9:16:04 PM
Yeah, you probably will...

Probably, I haven't played CoD in a year and I'm rusty as hell. Good chance I'll do better than the rest of the C2 players though.
---
"When Chesluk thinks about penguins, he touches himself." -EmeraldAlpha
http://i.imgur.com/uB5U6.jpg
#72The_JasterPosted 9/23/2012 9:05:26 AM
TsubakiMK0 posted...
The_Jaster posted...
I don't know about anyone else but when I played Goldeneye (N64) multiplayer the radar was always turned off.

HEY! NO SCREEN PEEKING YOU CHEAT!

Ahhhh the good old days.

It was the same with the original halo. I remember going over my cousins house when they had lan parties, everyone who thought you screen-looked shouted it at the top of their lungs.

Yeah, that's one of the most appealing things about the wii U for me as its bringing back local MP in a new & interesting way but obviously still looking to cater to the online side of things as well.
---
"nothing worse than seeing a fat man weep"
PSN: Shaolin_Jaster
#73Hawke0Posted 9/23/2012 9:10:32 AM
Chesluk posted...
Yeah, you probably will...

Probably, I haven't played CoD in a year and I'm rusty as hell. Good chance I'll do better than the rest of the C2 players though.

I've been playing my old copy of a Black Ops lately and usually get around 1-1 K/D, and I've hardly played, I think I'll do fine.
---
Conduit 2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Hawke
#74Hawke0Posted 9/23/2012 8:08:49 PM
Hawke0 posted...
QualiT posted...
@Hawke

If you know where everyone is all the time on the radar, how on earth do you flank? or surprise the enemy? It seems that knowing where the enemy is 24/7 would defeat the whole purpose of tactics and smart play (which in my opinion is what separates good players, from fantastic players, the ability to think on your feet and devise strategies is easily more important than gun skill imo, also map knoweldge and the way you move around becomes a much bigger factor than gun skill).

Whereas in cod at least, you might be rewarded with lots of kills for using initiative and flanking (there is also a chance that you run into an enemy flanking your team, or you get unlucky and you die somehow).

I must admit I am skeptical about a 24/7 radar, I personally dont think I would enjoy it, but, its whatever floats your boat, it would be nice to hear what you think about my paragraphs up there^^.

Thanks for reading.

You can still surprise the enemy, you stay off the radar by crouching, so you sacrifice speed for stealth. You can still use tactics to some degree, like if you and a friend are bottled up on the top floor of a building trading shots down the stairs with the enemy on the map Streets Prime(sort of the Nuketown of Conduit 2, in that it's a nice small map. You can watch a Youtube video to see the layout of it.), jump out the window and attack from the rear, or waiting crouched by a second floor window then diving down at your target.

It's also worth noting that snipers can't see the radar while aiming, so flanking them is a viable strategy. If you want to flank someone normally, you'll have to catch them not paying attention or preoccupied looking somewhere else. There's also a stealth perk that allows you to stay off the radar while walking, but if you jump or sprint you show up on it (lol, the opposite of the new Ghost), so you still have to sacrifice speed for stealth, but less so. I've had plenty of fun combining it with the shotgun >:)

But it's primarily about skill over tactics, you vs your opponent with a minimum of uncontrolled variables. Something that annoys me about CoD is that I win head to head gun fights 7 times out of 10, but I always get shot from behind or the side and am killed before I can react, like I said it annoys me to no end(I think my K/D ratio is around 0.9.).

24/7 radar wouldn't be very good for CoD, because since it places emphasis on automatic weaponry>semi automatic and has low health, it would be two people watching a door waiting for the other guy to attack. It does fit well with shooters that are supposed to be more skill oriented over strategy oriented, like Conduit 2, The Conduit, or Halo.

No response? :(
---
#75QualiTPosted 9/24/2012 3:49:12 PM
Sorry for the lack of reply, ive been busy with uni :x

I do like that perk you described that allows you to move and stay off the radar, I would hazard a guess that its used alot, since stealth is a key part of doing well. I'm a fan of shotguns myself and yeah staying off the radar and being able to get as close to someone as possible is the best thing you can do.

Yeah, being shot in the back sucks, I mostly stick to the outer edges of the map, or have my TV turned up so I can hear peoples footsteps as they try and sneak up on me. I suppose playing something similar to goldeneye 64 (health wise) would be fun, but shooting someone for a prolonged period of time might get a bit tedious, especially if you're using the klobb.... haha.

Overall, I see your points and yeah i dont think COD would do well with high HP, but I might be tempted to grab conduit 3 (if there ever is one) just to experience it.
---
All Things Require Sacrifice.
The Truth Will Set You Free.
#76Hawke0Posted 9/24/2012 6:29:15 PM
Actually, Stealth isn't used that much.
Something I like about the game is that it has a system similar to CoD Points, but no unlocking. You can buy any gun at any level, and you can get money from playing the horde mode and finding collectibles in the campaign.

But, there are a few perks you need to accomplish certain goals to get, like 50 headshots with the Phase Rifle (sniper) to unlock a perk that helps it a lot. To get Stealth, you need 25 back stabs, OHK melee attacks from behind. The radar makes that a little difficult.
It also means giving up a 'primary perk' (there is one main perk slot and 3 weaker perk slots, sort of like what Halo 4 is doing IIRC), which essentially makes you weaker in head to head combat. It's more or less incompatible with both of the games' sniper rifles because the bolt action one needs a certain primary perk to be able to OHK with anything but a headshot, and the semi auto one turns into a three hit kill and is effectively useless. Not to mention it doesn't even work if you sprint/jump.

They did a very good job of balancing it, it's a little difficult to use but very effective in the right hands. Especially when combined with the ARC-Eclipse, a gun that turns you invisible, which is also difficult to use but effective in the right hands. Also, you can actually kill people fairly quickly with most of the guns, not CoD speed where you get gunned down in half a second (unless they're using the SCAR with damage upgrades at point blank, and if they get that close to you without you noticing when there's a radar you deserve it, lol.), but not nearly so much that you need to empty you entire clip into them and then switch to your secondary and empty it's whole clip. Although I usually do get kills with the Shrieker (my favorite weapon, an alien rocket launcher that you can guide the relatively slow moving projectiles with the pointer) by firing 4-6 of my 6 shots in the air, bring them down on someone, and immediately switching to my pistol. If they have armor upgrades they'll barely survive the barrage, but usually I don't even need to use my pistol and it's just a safety precaution.

To better explain, here's some Shrieker gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2rH-JFOn24
---
Official Conduit 2 master of the BO2 Wii U board
#77Cubfan082Posted 9/24/2012 11:35:10 PM
I just saw this now.

I see what you are getting at, but you really have to take into account that you will already see them coming to the hall thus can plan to jump out the window to flank them. Yes it would be heads up to do that, but you still would have a good idea of when to jump because you can see them in the instances you are describing. And if they have to crouch to stay stealthy, that makes you waiting on them that much easier....

But you recognize why us non radar hackers get so aggravated by those who did cheat, when you always know what is coming it is unbelievably difficult to compete with that due to high ROF and low health...
---
Did you really just instruct someone to search the Internet for the truth?
I never thought I would die like this, but I always hoped...
#78BirdPwNz100Posted 9/24/2012 11:49:14 PM
Unless you had me or Cav or Brian on your team, or all of us, the competition became nubsauce. : )
---
PSN: oBirdPwNz-
#79like2napPosted 9/25/2012 12:15:58 AM
Cubfan082 posted...
BirdPwNz100 posted...
voidecho1 posted...
@Bird - Did you ever start recording? My memory is that you got everything you needed to record, but were missing one wire. Then you started hacking.

If people saw some videos of you getting multiple MOABs without hacks, they probably wouldn't assume you were hacking the whole time.

Of course, this assumes you care if people think you hack.

Nah, i didn't give a damn if people knew I hacked. I even posted on the mw3 board months ago that I was going to be running codes anyway.

Yeah, I got that component I needed to record but my Wii fried on me before I can even record. I don't plan on using the editing software that came with my easycap, might use Window Maker Maker or something. I will record on the Wii U so you can expect legit gameplay. Heh

..and for the record, Bird Pre Hacking was like 3.5 KDR, Bird Post hacking was like 12.5 KDR...

...and he did just like he said, after getting his account wiped he got mod codes and said screw it. Announced to the board that the community is going to get what they have been accusing him off, and he made everyone his ***** with them...

I hate seeing post like this. It seems like you're trying to justify it. Every hacker has a reason for doing it. That's why there are so many. Hacking, regardless of the reason, just adds to the problem.
#80ZvolTxPosted 9/25/2012 1:04:33 AM
Hawke0 posted...
Actually, Stealth isn't used that much.
Something I like about the game is that it has a system similar to CoD Points, but no unlocking. You can buy any gun at any level, and you can get money from playing the horde mode and finding collectibles in the campaign.

But, there are a few perks you need to accomplish certain goals to get, like 50 headshots with the Phase Rifle (sniper) to unlock a perk that helps it a lot. To get Stealth, you need 25 back stabs, OHK melee attacks from behind. The radar makes that a little difficult.
It also means giving up a 'primary perk' (there is one main perk slot and 3 weaker perk slots, sort of like what Halo 4 is doing IIRC), which essentially makes you weaker in head to head combat. It's more or less incompatible with both of the games' sniper rifles because the bolt action one needs a certain primary perk to be able to OHK with anything but a headshot, and the semi auto one turns into a three hit kill and is effectively useless. Not to mention it doesn't even work if you sprint/jump.

They did a very good job of balancing it, it's a little difficult to use but very effective in the right hands. Especially when combined with the ARC-Eclipse, a gun that turns you invisible, which is also difficult to use but effective in the right hands. Also, you can actually kill people fairly quickly with most of the guns, not CoD speed where you get gunned down in half a second (unless they're using the SCAR with damage upgrades at point blank, and if they get that close to you without you noticing when there's a radar you deserve it, lol.), but not nearly so much that you need to empty you entire clip into them and then switch to your secondary and empty it's whole clip. Although I usually do get kills with the Shrieker (my favorite weapon, an alien rocket launcher that you can guide the relatively slow moving projectiles with the pointer) by firing 4-6 of my 6 shots in the air, bring them down on someone, and immediately switching to my pistol. If they have armor upgrades they'll barely survive the barrage, but usually I don't even need to use my pistol and it's just a safety precaution.

To better explain, here's some Shrieker gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2rH-JFOn24

The problem with C2 is that it took out the skill factor that TCon had, and instead tried to be too balanced in terms of guns, which ironically took away from the skill needed to play IMO. It may not make much sense, but in the way I'm thinking, it's true.

Baekon, try to get the original Conduit and play some priv's with some vets. Totally unique, and for what it was, it was pretty awesome.
---
Ahh, another fine day of trolling. http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
"this game will be I survive" - MageGuyInfinity