Leveling Up - Unlocking Weapons

#1voidecho1Posted 9/24/2012 10:02:02 AM
How exactly do you think this will work? They kind of explained it in the link below, but there are still some unanswered questions.

http://www.blackopsii.com/news/?26-multiplayer-level-progression-system-revealed/

Based on the pattern above, by the time you hit 55 you'll have 21 weapon unlocks, 5 perk unlocks 18 equipment (lethal & tactical) unlocks, 19 scorestreak unlocks and 21 bonus unlocks (might be 19 if you don't get a bonus at levels 4 and 7). So you'll have a total of either 82 or 84 unlocks to use.

Adding up all of the possible things to unlock, the total looks like 89 (97 if you have to use an unlock to get the Wildcards). 28 Primary, 9 Secondary, 16 Perks, 6 Lethal, 8 Tactical (which is weird as these two total 14 and you get 18 Equipment specific unlocks above), and 22 Scorestreaks. Then throw in the 8 Wildcards unless you assume they're available for no tokens.

It's obvious, and they mention it in the link above, that when you reach 55, you won't be able to unlock and use everything available in the game. My main question is, do you think at level 55 everything will be available for you to choose from, or do you think certain weapons only unlock after you've prestiged a certain number of times?

If everything is available, then it's not that big a deal if you don't Prestige. Just don't use a token on weapons or equipment or killstreaks you don't think you'll ever use or want.

They never really talk about what weapons will be available at what level. I'm assuming that's still the case. When you reach level 4 and they give you an AR, I'm assuming it's a specific AR and not a token to spend on any AR in the game. So as you're leveling up, you're getting tokens each level, but you're also opening up specific items for you to spend those tokens on if you choose.
---
If I'm playing, I'm sure I'll be chatting here...
http://and-clan.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=chat
#2Cubfan082Posted 9/24/2012 10:14:02 AM
From what I understand Treyarch wishes to encourage replay, thus they have made certain weps etc available after multiple prestiges. To give players the incentive to prestige, they are not setting your weapon level / headshot per weapon count back to zero when you prestige.

So they want you to be a prestige player, likely to keep you around long enough to buy DLC.

That may be incorrect, but that is what I remember reading and viewing on youtube, and no I will not be sourcing anything.

:-)
---
Did you really just instruct someone to search the Internet for the truth?
I never thought I would die like this, but I always hoped...
#3BirdPwNz100Posted 9/24/2012 10:38:01 AM
Careful Cub, your presence could attract bears!
---
PSN: oBirdPwNz-
#4voidecho1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2012 10:49:15 AM
BirdPwNz100 posted...

They're attracted to the menstration...
---
#5Cubfan082Posted 9/24/2012 11:33:59 AM(edited)
voidecho1 posted...
BirdPwNz100 posted...

They're attracted to the menstration...

Machine is the only one bleeding...

...and lucky for him that is another urban legend that should be filed under "Cub must always be right", "Cub is the LIzard King of CoD" and "Cub is the end all be all regarding Nintendo Wii U Information"...

Need a source? Here it is...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48795059/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/bears-not-attracted-menstruating-women/

...and regarding the rest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uezJfTG9ELI
---
#6Machine1136Posted 9/24/2012 12:04:46 PM
BirdPwNz100 posted...

Mama bears do have strong protective instinct for their Cubbies.

There's no real downside to prestiging if weapon levels and challenge progress are maintained. Leveling up happens quickly enough to not to really miss any of the "high level" weapons. So let's all hope that Cubby's words ring true this time.
---
&.Machine
#7voidecho1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2012 12:18:53 PM(edited)
Machine1136 posted...
There's no real downside to prestiging if weapon levels and challenge progress are maintained. Leveling up happens quickly enough to not to really miss any of the "high level" weapons. So let's all hope that Cubby's words ring true this time.

Well, it still depends on how long it takes to level up vs how good the payoff is for me. I saw that if you level up a weapon high enough to unlock certain attachments for it, when you unlock it in the next prestige (or choose to carry it forward with your prestige token), your weapon stays leveled up, which is great. However, if your challenges stay leveled up too, won't that make it harder to get xp during the next prestige if you use that weapon a lot again. You won't get those challenge bonuses the second time around.

If they are holding back certain things until after you prestige, what are our guesses as to what those things are?

Some of the Wildcards?
Killstreaks (Dogs?)
Best AR's or SMG's?
---
#8Cubfan082Posted 9/24/2012 1:12:40 PM
voidecho1 posted...
Machine1136 posted...

Well, it still depends on how long it takes to level up vs how good the payoff is for me. I saw that if you level up a weapon high enough to unlock certain attachments for it, when you unlock it in the next prestige (or choose to carry it forward with your prestige token), your weapon stays leveled up, which is great. However, if your challenges stay leveled up too, won't that make it harder to get xp during the next prestige if you use that weapon a lot again. You won't get those challenge bonuses the second time around.

If they are holding back certain things until after you prestige, what are our guesses as to what those things are?

Some of the Wildcards?
Killstreaks (Dogs?)
Best AR's or SMG's?

I think it is supposed to be things from all classes, like the RPG , kill streaking, equipment and select other primaries. I thought that they actually wrote that up somewhere, might have been in the last GameInformer but I can't recall, I think I tossed that one out.

Prestiging seems to happen rather quickly if you play many modes, I am fairly certain that you can keep earning the "Plant Bomb" or "Capture 100 Flag" bonuses, but the simply are not going to be wiping out weapon progress other than the fact that if a weapon is not unlockable unti level 40 you can't use it in create a class. But it is supposed to keep your last tally for total kills, unlocks and Head Shots in tact, just that any kills, headshots etc made in that file prior to unlocking aren't going to track.

They decided that was one of the things that was "non-sacred" and improved it to encourage people to prestige.
---
#9voidecho1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2012 1:56:33 PM
Depending on how long it takes to level up a weapon, that's a great change.

I don't want to lose my SMG Laser attachments or I'll be forced to ADS all of the time. Spray and Pray FTW!! ;)
---
#10Cubfan082Posted 9/28/2012 6:52:51 AM
Voide,

If you are still looking at this topic, Arc posted this link:

http://mp1st.com/2012/09/27/new-black-ops-2-multiplayer-details-game-modes-challenges-player-card-theater-and-prestige/

Should answer a lot of your questions / provde confirmation for what has been said.
---