What loadouts are you planning on using?

#21Cubfan082Posted 10/2/2012 7:21:49 AM
elheber posted...
Cubfan082 posted...
I really don't think that is correct.

It actually would bring up a balancing issue of players being allowed to skirt the system to get better stuff without having to designate a secondary.

Do you have anything you can show me that indicates otherwise?

It would be pretty easy to prove that you can pick up a weapon to replace the Combat Knife. All I would have to do is show the "Hold X to Pick Up" with a weapon while holding the Combat Knife. I'll go look for one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcb2vG6ldXI#t=1m10s

Except that it doesn't...

...it shows the option that you can pick up the weapon, but from what I read that I cannot locate, when you do that, it replaces your primary weapon with the weapon you are picking up, not your secondary since the combat knife is supposed to be a different weapon attached to class without secondary designation.

If you can find video that shows the player dropping the knife, or if you have one that shows the knife on the ground, assuming that it is not something you can elect as your secondary (Which would make no sense) then you would have proved something.

Having the icon show up is not proof that you can carry two primary weapons without use of either Overkill or by a secondary weapon designation swap out., since the user neitehr picked up the weapon or showed the combat knife being dropped.

It would really make secondaries obsolete if you could do that at will, it would be extremely unwise not to simply wait for swap outs.
---
Did you really just instruct someone to search the Internet for the truth?
I never thought I would die like this, but I always hoped...
#22Machine1136Posted 10/2/2012 10:02:26 AM
Cubfan082 posted...
elheber posted...
Cubfan082 posted...
I really don't think that is correct.

It actually would bring up a balancing issue of players being allowed to skirt the system to get better stuff without having to designate a secondary.

Do you have anything you can show me that indicates otherwise?

It would be pretty easy to prove that you can pick up a weapon to replace the Combat Knife. All I would have to do is show the "Hold X to Pick Up" with a weapon while holding the Combat Knife. I'll go look for one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcb2vG6ldXI#t=1m10s

...it shows the option that you can pick up the weapon, but from what I read that I cannot locate, when you do that, it replaces your primary weapon with the weapon you are picking up, not your secondary since the combat knife is supposed to be a different weapon attached to class without secondary designation.

If you can find video that shows the player dropping the knife, or if you have one that shows the knife on the ground, assuming that it is not something you can elect as your secondary (Which would make no sense) then you would have proved something.

Having the icon show up is not proof that you can carry two primary weapons without use of either Overkill or by a secondary weapon designation swap out., since the user neitehr picked up the weapon or showed the combat knife being dropped.

It would really make secondaries obsolete if you could do that at will, it would be extremely unwise not to simply wait for swap outs.

I have to agree with Cubby regarding game balancing. If a weapon could be picked up to fill the secondary slot when no weapon was initially put in there, balance would be somewhat wrecked. It wouldn't be totally wrecked, because you would respawn without a secondary every time, but it still would be an undue advantage.

However, seeing a combat knife on the ground (or "dropping it") when picking up a weapon may not be the way it works. The combat knife may just be no longer accessible. This could be proven by showing someone with a combat knife out, picking up a weapon, and having NOTHING remaining on the ground. If that's the case, then the person now has two weapons and no combat knife. If the original primary shows up on the ground, then you can't swap out the combat knife.
---
|NOT_RAF|Machine :-(
#23Machine1136Posted 10/2/2012 10:27:05 AM
Alternatively, one way to "cheat the system" - in a way - might be to begin the game with your three-attachment weapon. Change your selected class - for the next time you respawn - to a class with a secondary; then commit suicide. Respawn with your class that has a secondary, then go pick up your original three-attachment primary.
---
#24Cubfan082Posted 10/2/2012 1:56:47 PM
Machine1136 posted...
Alternatively, one way to "cheat the system" - in a way - might be to begin the game with your three-attachment weapon. Change your selected class - for the next time you respawn - to a class with a secondary; then commit suicide. Respawn with your class that has a secondary, then go pick up your original three-attachment primary.

Yeah we have done that in the past when it came to getting Headshots for MWR gold camos, but it was a ally who suicided so we could use their R-700 ACOG.

At the expense of your KDR yeah you could do that, so long as you didn't get killed holding your first primary.

I still think it is going to end up being the combat knife you are stuck with should you not put a point there for a secondary or use the over kill perk / WC, but we will find out either on the 13th of November or the 18th, in the unlikely event that the two versions treat this differently.
---
Did you really just instruct someone to search the Internet for the truth?
I never thought I would die like this, but I always hoped...
#25voidecho1Posted 10/3/2012 9:54:32 AM
I have no idea what guns I'm going to like, but I can tell you I'll certainly have an AR class with Adjustable Stock and Quickdraw attachments. Hell, I may not have an AR class that doesn't have those two attachments.

Laser sight on SMG will be standard for me too.
---
If I'm playing, I'm sure I'll be chatting here...
http://and-clan.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=chat
#26Machine1136Posted 10/3/2012 10:03:13 AM
voidecho1 posted...

Laser sight on SMG will be standard for me too.

Yep. I may even have lasers on all shotties, as ridiculous as that sounds IRL. All I do is hipfire shotties anyways, and keeping the pellets tight ups the punch of each shot.
---
#27elheberPosted 10/3/2012 5:34:24 PM
Cubfan082 posted...

The Combat Knife isn't a "droppable". It's simply a placeholder for when you have no weapon in either your primary slot or secondary slot. In a sense, even when you have a weapon, the Combat Knife is the thing that comes out when you hit the melee button. You don't "drop" it.

Your balancing issues make little sense unless you're blatantly claiming that if a primary weapon is dropped then you can only replace your primary with it, even if you're holding your secondary out at the moment. There has been no game that didn't let you replace your weak secondary with a strong primary despite your claim that it would make secondaries obsolete.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#28henrythefish96Posted 10/3/2012 7:56:55 PM
I don't think it would be much of a problem, the average nub doesn't use anything but their primary anyway.

Also, hey riot.
---
Narwhals, the unicorns of the sea.
#29Arcanine2009Posted 10/3/2012 8:49:52 PM
Man, I really wish Overkill was a perk again(perk slot 2), instead of a stupid wildcard option. >_>
---
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg359/ProdigyCashew/pterodactyl.gif
#30elheberPosted 10/3/2012 11:46:51 PM
henrythefish96 posted...
I don't think it would be much of a problem, the average nub doesn't use anything but their primary anyway.

Also, hey riot.

Hey Henry. Welcome to my new abode (...unless you were here first). They don't know me here yet, but that'll change soon.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |