Do you want aim assist in CoD:BO2?

#1Arcanine2009Posted 10/2/2012 10:53:03 PM
This is particulary for the Wii U version, but extends to other HD versions. - Results (42 votes)
Yes, because I don't think I'm good at fpsers, but I will likely turn it off when I get good at them
4.76% (2 votes)
Yes, because I don't see anything wrong with taking advantage of automated aiming which is available for everyone anyway
16.67% (7 votes)
No, I think its a cheap crutch.
71.43% (30 votes)
Other (please explain)
7.14% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just want to see how many people here want aim assist vs don't want it, for w/e reason.

This is inspired by Machine1136's thread, who has a friend post a video of the effects of aim assist of classic controller and wiimote+nunchuck, in COD:BO and MW3, which is pretty startling...
---
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg359/ProdigyCashew/pterodactyl.gif
#2DerPancakePosted 10/2/2012 11:39:01 PM
My reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc
---
CoDBlackOps FC: 3286-7451-3878
#3EssBeeGeePosted 10/2/2012 11:43:31 PM
Target Assist is a huge advantage on the HD consoles. If you're an average player not using Target Assist going against an average player who's using it, then you're more often than not going to lose gun battles against that person. Believe it or not, but that split second aiming aid makes a big difference.

I'd like to see them remove it for everyone. It's the only fair way to do it.
#4DoomsSDPosted 10/3/2012 1:30:25 AM
NO, it's a cheap crutch.

Most of what makes FPS games fun is the gun play. Why do people even play FPS games if they expect the computer to aid their aiming. It's such a stupid mechanic and rather than "giving the new guys a chance to play against the pros", it simply makes people play lazier and rewards you or not taking the time to learn how to handle the weapons in the game. I don't mind giving the new guys a chance at the game, it's obviously not fun to play a game and spend a day or two being nothing but fodder, but there's a line you have to draw and in CoD games, they never do that. There's no weaning off the Aim Assist system, it's there for you whether you've spent 5 minutes in game or 5 days. 0- Max Prestige, you can aim aissist any time and that's just bull****. You don't count someone who's spent 5 days in game a "new guy" so why let them have the aid of something that was meant for new players?

You also get this whole thing of different controllers getting different types of Aim Assist, as seen in Kidlat404's recent video. Why do they bother making the effects different? Try Hards and Noobs alike are only going to gravitate towards the controller that offers the most noticeable boost instead of picking a controller and simply mastering it.

It makes the franchise look bad too, when you ask players that play other FPS games why they dislike CoD, it's usually "it's for noobs." Why is it for noobs? Because only noobs play a shooting game where the computer helps them point the gun at other players. What compounds the problem for me is that, with CoD games, you usually have a very quick kill time for most guns, even the crappy ones. When you combine weapons with quick kill times with a tool that basically draws your aim onto the enemy player, you get your kills very easily.

Combat Training will be back in Black Ops 2. If you really suck so badly at aiming, take the time to practice it there where you have nothing to lose. I have Aim Assist switched off at all times and I intend to keep it that way. I do fine without it, and that's not meant to be bragging. I'm sure a lot of people on this board don't use Aim Assist and they'll tell you that they don't miss it one bit.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#5Soniv4Ever10Posted 10/3/2012 5:58:07 AM
Voted other since it doesn't matter to me either way, but if it weren't included at all I think it would be funny when most players realize how bad their aim really is.
---
PSN: PhantomResonance
3DS FC: 3780-9478-6598
#6Cubfan082Posted 10/3/2012 6:05:27 AM
I chose other, I just see no reason why it should be taken online or be tuned to such a way to give an advantage to one control style over the other...

...BTW, I love how everytime we have a discussion, ARC shows up the next day polling the board on what we discussed.
---
Did you really just instruct someone to search the Internet for the truth?
I never thought I would die like this, but I always hoped...
#7BrownsM1Posted 10/3/2012 6:25:44 AM
honestly it should be there until you rank up half the way towards first prestige.

so if there are 50 ranks, after rank 25 it should be locked.

that's at least how I feel it should be handled. don't know if anyone else would agree with that or not
---
them1clan.webs.com MW3 AC: 4785-7272-2170 xbox GT: TAILS DOLL M1
Before you die you see the Tails Doll ~ Can you feel the sunshine?
#8DoomsSDPosted 10/3/2012 7:32:23 AM
Cubfan082 posted...
I chose other, I just see no reason why it should be taken online or be tuned to such a way to give an advantage to one control style over the other...

...BTW, I love how everytime we have a discussion, ARC shows up the next day polling the board on what we discussed.

He got his finger on the pulse. He bringing up the issues for the masses to discuss so we can talk about them and move forward.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#9xXDa-KidXxPosted 10/3/2012 7:37:22 AM
I really don't care. If people use it they use it. Doesn't bother me.
---
3DS FC: 5455 - 9667 - 3429 My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DaKidWiiTrailers
#10QualiTPosted 10/3/2012 7:52:39 AM
crutch.

The game is targeted for aged 13+ people. By 13, you should be able to figure out how to aim and shoot. If this was a barbie shootemup aimed at 7 year olds, then I understand aim assist, but not for 13+ year olds.
---
All Things Require Sacrifice.
The Truth Will Set You Free.