Salvation for snipers in BO2 (....probably)

#1CODwiiiVIP123Posted 10/3/2012 10:24:18 PM(edited)
Sniping in COD has always been one my favorite things to do in multiplayer; BO1 IMO killed sniping. From what I could see, Black Ops' sniping had 2 MAJOR problems that made it nearly impossible to break even with your KDR in a match These points frustrated me so much that it caused me to not buy MW3 Wii and I was giving up on the COD series

However from watching some BO2 sniper footage I think that there just might be hope for snipers in BO2 and it has eliminated both of these sniper killers. So I believe I will give BO2 a shot but I'm still wary.

Sniper killer #1: The sniper's were WAY too weak in BO1, so it was exceedingly harder to compete with regular gunners.

Seriously I can't even begin to tell how many hitmarkers to the chest I got with the frickin strongest sniper rifle and then died because of it in BO. The strongest sniper rifle in a FPS should be able to OHKO from the chest up, no questions asked; this especially applies to COD because lets not fool ourselves, snipers generally are SEVERELY outgunned in recent COD games due to the spray and praying and unforgiving miniscule amount of bullets it takes from an assault rifle to get a kill. To make up for being outgunned, sniper rifles should by default be a one-hit-kill weapon as long as you hit the chest and up and a 2-hit-kill anywhere from the abdomen down

Thankfully it looks like the snipers in BO2 are WAAAY more juiced up then the crappy BO sniper rifles. I like how the Ballista in BO2 has from what I've seen a GUARANTEED OHKO for a legitimate chestshot plus the smoke trails look SICK!!! So it looks like the snipers will definitely be able to compete with run and gunners in BO2 without too much fear and pressure from the dreaded hitmarkers

Sniper Killer #2: Second Chance (SC) Perk

This one was also an really annoying son of a ***** to deal with if you were primarily a sniper in BO. The reason it is a problem in Black Ops and not MWR was because of the amount of running and gunning in BO and the power of the bullets. Second Chance was literally an almost guaranteed hitmarker for snipers, meaning after you've dismissed the SC user you shot thinking he's dead but then realize he has SC, so you have to refocus your aim on him instead of the looming threat of the rest of the team running and gunning towards you and then you die, which means pretty much you can get cheated out of your kill and then after you die, the guy you shot is revived and that annoys you even more, which means your efforts were virtually meaningless. And even for regular gunners, SC was generally annoying in BO.

Treyarch made a good move by removing this sniper-breaking perk COMPLETELY from BO2 (and may it burn in COD-**** forever), which fixes this problem for snipers

Also I'd like to say that from the LOOKS of the maps shown in BO2 so far, they are a lot more sniper friendly as there a lot of potential places to snipe in several of the maps I've seen. Because of this I have decided to give COD one more chance with BO2 and hopefully sniping will not disappoint like it did in BO1
#2boxdude123Posted 10/3/2012 10:29:03 PM
You a quick-scoper? I hate quick-scopers..
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: TBA (Oct.7)
Official Tyranitar of the Black 2 board
#3CODwiiiVIP123(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 10:41:50 PM
No I'm more of a traditional sniper with a regular scope and a semi quick-scoper with an acog
#4Arcanine2009Posted 10/4/2012 12:29:29 AM(edited)
Sniper killer #1: The sniper's were WAY too weak in BO1, so it was exceedingly harder to compete with regular gunners.

Not sure if serious. Both L96A1 and PSG1 in BO1, OSOK'd all the way down to the stomach with L96A1 getting an extra OSOK multiplier to the bicep. What does BO2 have? Only one gun that OSOKs to the stomach, and 2 that OSOK down to the chest, and finally one that only OSOKS to the head and neck. BO'1s weakest sniper rifles, SVD and WA2000 OSOK'd to the chest.

I never really had a problem with hitmarkers that should have been OSOKs in BO. It must have been lag for you. Even if it wasn't, what makes you so sure that BO2 won't suffer the same?

Sniper Killer #2: Second Chance (SC) Perk
This game is more anti-camper than BO is by far, which hurts sniping directly, as you are required to be stationary to shoot at least.

For one, being stealthy while sniping is a huge important playstyle, which has a lot to do with getting as many kills as stealthy as possible, while limiting deaths. Too bad Ghost in Bo2 is split up into 4 perks, with ghost in perk 1 slot only giving you immunity to UAVs, when you're moving. You need to spend like half of your total cod points to have the same effect as Ghost to have a stealth set.

Secondly, all sniper rifles now shoot a white smoke trail after every bullet, which will expose your cover for enemies, if you manage to not take them down with the bullets you were firing at them.

3rd, as I stated earlier, sniper rifles in this game, are the weakest out of all CoD games, since there is only one sniper rifle that OSOKs to the stomach. Every other game had at least two.

4th, no more motion sensor equipment, and mms and target finder attachment being readily available for smgs, ars, and LMGs, thus being easier to spot snipers, unless they use cold blooded just to counter it.

All of these are as anti camper as you can get, and will hurt sniping a lot.
---
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
#5boxdude123Posted 10/4/2012 8:18:18 AM
CODwiiiVIP123 posted...
No I'm more of a traditional sniper with a regular scope and a semi quick-scoper with an acog

Same here, I like to snip. But I'm better off with an assault rifle class. Cuz sniping is so damn hard.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: TBA (Oct.7)
Official Tyranitar of the Black 2 board
#6BrownsM1Posted 10/4/2012 8:20:20 AM
Arcanine2009 posted...

Not sure if serious. Both L96A1 and PSG1 in BO1, OSOK'd all the way down to the stomach with L96A1 getting an extra OSOK multiplier to the bicep. What does BO2 have? Only one gun that OSOKs to the stomach, and 2 that OSOK down to the chest, and finally one that only OSOKS to the head and neck. BO'1s weakest sniper rifles, SVD and WA2000 OSOK'd to the chest.

ok for both of those guns on xbox, I call BS but for Wii I call BS on the PSG1

on Wii I pretty much always got OSOK with the L96 but the PSG1 without attachments (remember it had the attachment glitch which weakened it) I'd get constant hitmarkers to people heads and chests and there wouldn't be any lag when it was happening cause I'd switch to the L96 and it would kill them easily

xbox I get constant hitmarkers with both guns all the time and sometimes I don't even get a hitmarker when I'd have the scope on the enemy for a good 5 seconds and again with no lag
---
them1clan.webs.com MW3 AC: 4785-7272-2170 xbox GT: TAILS DOLL M1
Before you die you see the Tails Doll ~ Can you feel the sunshine?
#7Cubfan082Posted 10/4/2012 9:10:50 AM
I have always found that if I aimed right it worked just fine. Problem is I couldn't always aim right even when I thought that I was.

I have never had a headshot hitmarker that I can recall not giving me a kill, I have always found that most people who had issues with this think they are aiming better than they actually are, or were trying that quick scope garbage that put the weapon on your cheast with Aim Assist CCP nonsense.

They seemed to be able to kill me all the time with no issues.

MW3 sniping I have always found to be fine, I get hitmarkers wen I get an arm and kills when I hit the head or chest, and all is right.

Barret and whatever that bolt action one is, RS whatever it is are the ones I used most often, and kills came when I deserved them.
---
Did you really just instruct someone to search the Internet for the truth?
I never thought I would die like this, but I always hoped...
#8Cubfan082Posted 10/4/2012 9:15:46 AM
Arcanine2009 posted...

For one, being stealthy while sniping is a huge important playstyle, which has a lot to do with getting as many kills as stealthy as possible, while limiting deaths. Too bad Ghost in Bo2 is split up into 4 perks, with ghost in perk 1 slot only giving you immunity to UAVs, when you're moving. You need to spend like half of your total cod points to have the same effect as Ghost to have a stealth set.

Secondly, all sniper rifles now shoot a white smoke trail after every bullet, which will expose your cover for enemies, if you manage to not take them down with the bullets you were firing at them.

3rd, as I stated earlier, sniper rifles in this game, are the weakest out of all CoD games, since there is only one sniper rifle that OSOKs to the stomach. Every other game had at least two.

4th, no more motion sensor equipment, and mms and target finder attachment being readily available for smgs, ars, and LMGs, thus being easier to spot snipers, unless they use cold blooded just to counter it.

All of these are as anti camper as you can get, and will hurt sniping a lot.

From the videos I have seen, it does not appear that this has hurt sniping all that much, I have seen a few dudes burn through triple kill feeds using drag scope and stationary scope aiming, as usual, I think this is over reaction until you see how the game behaves in the wild.

You should have to use nearly all of your points to never have to worry about being bothered by recon, sensors, or Point Streak Attacks...Ghost Pro / Ass Pro where so unbalanced that everyone used them nearly all the time, Blind Eye became that type of perk as well...

I think it is great way to change competitive balance.
---
Did you really just instruct someone to search the Internet for the truth?
I never thought I would die like this, but I always hoped...
#9BirdPwNz100Posted 10/4/2012 11:24:55 PM
Lol at sniping is hard. Try sniping with analog sticks.
---
PSN: oBirdPwNz-