Kill Confirmed has changed for BO2

#1Arcanine2009Posted 10/7/2012 12:40:01 PM
Kill Confirmed was once one of my favourite game modes in MW3 but it had a noticeable flaw which turned me away from the game mode.

The flaw was that you were still awarded a pointstreak even if you or a teammate didn't collect the tag.

In Black Ops 2 using the scorestreak system, this is how the score scoring system works:

Killed enemy - 50 points

Pick up enemy tag – 100 points

Teammate picking up enemy tag – 25 points

Denying an enemy a tag – 25 points

This change is huge, as it all contributes to the players “score streak” and pushes players to play the objective. If you're ignoring all the dog tags, you won't get to your scorestreak reward as fast as the player who is playing the objective.

http://www.examiner.com/article/black-ops-2-kill-confirmed-changes-revealed-looks-to-eliminate-campers

Kill confirmed in MW3 was never really a sniper's paradise in the first place, so the whole anti-camp thing was something I was used to for this mode. However, the huge flaw of the BO2 version of Kill Confirmed is that, if you kill someone, and a teammate picks up your tag, they get 25 more points to their score streak over you. 50 points to kill an enemy+teammate picking your tag is 25=75 points for you. But teammate gets 100 points for picking up any enemy tag, including yours!! This is just going to encourage more teammates to steal each other's enemy tags.. >_>
---
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg359/ProdigyCashew/pterodactyl.gif
#2koeke14Posted 10/7/2012 12:59:21 PM
Hmm, I agree with that you said that more people will now 'steal' the tags. But then again, as Treyarch says, it will also encourage more people to pick the tags up atleast, and play the objective as it is supposed to be played.

This change has a positive side and a negative side. But I think we all 'steal' those tags sometimes. The objective is to win by all means, so the faster you reach the Tag Cap, the better, and if someone else gets your well-earned tag first, at least you still get a bit of points, and you are 1 point further to victory.

I think the change itself is quite good, as most of the times I get my own tags before others do, unless I get killed before reaching them.
---
3DS: 4983-4968-4308 = Kjell
Cash rules everything around me, C.R.E.A.M.
#3QualiTPosted 10/7/2012 1:15:38 PM
ugh, I hate picking up tags in MW3. Makes the game so damn short, plus 95% of the tags are camped by some doosh with a barret acog.

Plus my teammates are ridiculously stupid. They either pick up every tag when we're about 30 points ahead, or they dont pick up any tags when we're 20 points down. I personally don't see the point in making the game shorter than it already is. I pick up tags when we're losing to when we have a cushy lead of about 10, other than that the game will always be, to me, an extended game of TDM, with some stupid tags.
---
All Things Require Sacrifice.
#4ZimbabweBobPosted 10/7/2012 1:20:41 PM
QualiT posted...
ugh, I hate picking up tags in MW3. Makes the game so damn short, plus 95% of the tags are camped by some doosh with a barret acog.

Plus my teammates are ridiculously stupid. They either pick up every tag when we're about 30 points ahead, or they dont pick up any tags when we're 20 points down. I personally don't see the point in making the game shorter than it already is. I pick up tags when we're losing to when we have a cushy lead of about 10, other than that the game will always be, to me, an extended game of TDM, with some stupid tags.

You would hate playing this mode with me (or any tactical game for that matter). I always play to win, I don't intentionally sandbag the game to get more kills. Doesn't matter if it's HQ, Dom, or CC, I won't avoid the objective in order to eek out a few more kills.

i like the changes they are implementing, You should reward the players who play the objective for that particular mode (If you just want to kill, go play TDM)
---
You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.
MW3 FC:0697-5894-6879 COD BO:1828-2895-7645 MHT:3HYE7P
#5elheberPosted 10/7/2012 1:23:50 PM
You kill, you pick up: 150 points total.
You kill, teammate picks up: 175 points total (75 to you, 100 for teammate).

Sharing tags is still the ideal scenario from a teamplay perspective; but not it's not so overwhelming to want to share tags that it at least encourages people to pick up their own tags. Something I believed was a huge flaw in MW3 KC.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#6Deeds_Posted 10/7/2012 2:31:51 PM
QualiT posted...

This
---
DeedsX
www.youtube.com/deedsgaming
#7henrythefish96Posted 10/7/2012 2:36:07 PM
Man, I'm gonna be earning killstreaks left and right using the shield.
---
Narwhals, the unicorns of the sea.
#8Imperfect_Dark2Posted 10/7/2012 3:46:52 PM(edited)
Now there's no MOAB, I have no problem with picking up tags.
---
KANGA* is mai name.
#9BirdPwNz100Posted 10/7/2012 3:53:05 PM
I have no problem picking up tags, but if I'm in a situation where there are more enemies in the area than the one I just killed, I'm going to bail on it.
---
PSN: oBirdPwNz-
#10BrownsM1Posted 10/7/2012 6:33:09 PM
ZimbabweBob posted...
You would hate playing this mode with me (or any tactical game for that matter). I always play to win, I don't intentionally sandbag the game to get more kills. Doesn't matter if it's HQ, Dom, or CC, I won't avoid the objective in order to eek out a few more kills.

i like the changes they are implementing, You should reward the players who play the objective for that particular mode (If you just want to kill, go play TDM)

This

I hate when I see my teammates get a kill then just leave the tags sitting there. guess this is going to mean more points for me then.
---
them1clan.webs.com MW3 AC: 4785-7272-2170 xbox GT: TAILS DOLL M1
Before you die you see the Tails Doll ~ Can you feel the sunshine?