Why I would never get this game for the WiiU at this point

#1MorriskinDPosted 11/15/2012 6:42:54 AM
Online access. Its that simple folks, the online access with Nintendo to this point is horrific when compared to the other systems. I picked this game up for the 360 and I am loving it. I am picking up my Wii U from Gamestop this Sunday but this will not be one of the games I pick up with it. I will get Zombie U as well as Super Mario. If you dont have a 360 or PS3 then I could see how you might take the risk, the game is awesome!
---
Insanely excited for the Wii U launch. Playing Pokemon Black 2 right now.
#2Cubfan082Posted 11/15/2012 7:32:51 AM
Theoretically, after Nintendo failed at designing their own Network, they simply left it up to their developers to do it for their own content, thus again in theroy the network performance is going to based on how well the developers can use what is on board with the Wii U. So if you likel how it is handled with PS#60, it is a logical (though may not be plausible) assumption that performance between Wii U and the PS360 networking codes should be comparable.

I would never get a launch console and pass on what will likely be its best launch content, if you are commiting to the system you would have done yourself a favor to see if it is really any different playing with the gamepad.

We shall find out in the next week how well the system performs at launch.
---
Did you really just instruct someone to search the Internet for the truth?
I never thought I would die like this, but I always hoped...
#3Hawke0Posted 11/15/2012 7:48:11 AM
1. An open online system doesn't mean the devs do all the work, it means there aren't a lot of restrictions.
2. Miss the best launch content? He said he's getting ZombiU.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Idiot definition of the week, Generic: Any game that is in first person and/or involves guns. Use: "Dur, Bioshock is so generic"
#4Cubfan082Posted 11/15/2012 7:54:23 AM
Hawke0 posted...
1. An open online system doesn't mean the devs do all the work, it means there aren't a lot of restrictions.
2. Miss the best launch content? He said he's getting ZombiU.

You could also argue for AC3, doesn't matter. Point being he bought the same title for a different system, if he planned on purchase of the title and the consoel it is beyond logical to see how the new system handles what you already are familiar with.

The presentation describing the netowrking of the Wii U basically said they set up the protocol for purchasing and the Mii Verse and their titles, anyone else putting content on their system had to make it happen on their end as they see fit.
---
#5elheberPosted 11/15/2012 8:32:04 AM
Can't be any worse than on the PS3 can it? I'm still waiting on the fix for the damn server issues that are keeping me at level 16.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#6Cubfan082Posted 11/15/2012 9:12:57 AM
elheber posted...
Can't be any worse than on the PS3 can it? I'm still waiting on the fix for the damn server issues that are keeping me at level 16.

The Zombies videos I have seen have appeared laggy as hell....
---
#7MorriskinD(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 12:20:31 PM
Did you all read the whole post! If you don't have a PS3 or 360 then I understand why you would get CODBO2. I was just trying to state that this game is a big risk to buy at the launch. You know the Nintendo developed games will rock as always. May not be worth the risk.
---
Insanely excited for the Wii U launch. Playing Pokemon Black 2 right now.
#8zaakroPosted 11/15/2012 1:06:31 PM
MorriskinD posted...
Did you all read the whole post! If you don't have a PS3 or 360 then I understand why you would get CODBO2. I was just trying to state that this game is a big risk to buy at the launch. You know the Nintendo developed games will rock as always. May not be worth the risk.

I own a Xbox 360 and I am buying it on the Wii U. Why is it a risk? is it going to blow up?
---
Some days don't you wish you could high five the sun
#9Hawke0Posted 11/15/2012 4:51:48 PM
zaakro posted...
MorriskinD posted...

I own a Xbox 360 and I am buying it on the Wii U. Why is it a risk? is it going to blow up?

You don't know that the online will work well; that is if you haven't been paying attention.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Idiot definition of the week, Generic: Any game that is in first person and/or involves guns. Use: "Dur, Bioshock is so generic"
#10BirdPwNz100Posted 11/15/2012 4:58:01 PM
If the U doesn't turn out well for you guys, we can party up on Ps3. :D
---
PSN: oBirdPwNz-