I think I might have a defective Wii U

#1EssBeeGeePosted 11/18/2012 5:54:19 PM
The controller won't even sync with the system. Keeps saying "Could not connect to console. Move the controller closer to the console, and enter symbols again"..

Soooo pissed.. I've been trying for half and hour now. Anyone else run into this problem?
#2Nok817Posted 11/18/2012 6:23:07 PM
Nope...sorry. Maybe try unplugged the Wii for a couple minutes?
#3EssBeeGee(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 6:33:20 PM
I just spent over 25 minutes with the Nintendo tech.. And it's pretty much confirmed I have a defective console. He gave me the option to send it in for a free repair, but I said screw that.... I'm just returning it and getting my money back.
#4EssBeeGee(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 6:36:26 PM
BTW, the tech said the #1 problem people are having is turning off or unplugging the console while it's doing the updates.. If you unplug it while it's updating, your system is screwed and you'll have to send it in for repair. Just a warning.
#5ZimbabweBobPosted 11/18/2012 8:22:53 PM
EssBeeGee posted...
I just spent over 25 minutes with the Nintendo tech.. And it's pretty much confirmed I have a defective console. He gave me the option to send it in for a free repair, but I said screw that.... I'm just returning it and getting my money back.

did you type in the symbols from the TV onto the gamepad? i heard someone earlier who was typing the symbols as they appear on the gamepad.
---
You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.
#6Xenozoa425Posted 11/18/2012 8:29:50 PM
Don't buy consoles at launch. Ever.
---
"The meaning of life is to know what it means to live instead of to merely exist." -Cleverbot
http://i.imgur.com/YLZl3.gif
#7Cubfan082Posted 11/18/2012 8:49:09 PM
ZimbabweBob posted...
EssBeeGee posted...

did you type in the symbols from the TV onto the gamepad? i heard someone earlier who was typing the symbols as they appear on the gamepad.

This is most likely what is happening.

Xeon, my console works fine, that day one update was a pain in the ass but no big deal. I am enjoying it as I speak. Pooping and playing Nintendo land streaming just to check range. When you move outside of the range you get a warning, but I can play in my bedroom with the console on the ground floor.

I really, really like the gamepad....
---
Did you really just instruct someone to search the Internet for the truth?
I never thought I would die like this, but I always hoped...
#8Kirby_GuruPosted 11/18/2012 8:54:49 PM
Unplugging while updating isn't a surefire break. My buddy did it last night and it was fine, and I disconnected my router to stop it midway and it was fine.
---
If pro is the opposite of con, what is the opposite of progress?
#9Cubfan082Posted 11/18/2012 8:57:00 PM
Kirby_Guru posted...
Unplugging while updating isn't a surefire break. My buddy did it last night and it was fine, and I disconnected my router to stop it midway and it was fine.

You do realize a router disconnect would trigger the software to halt progress of the download, not the install? You can stop and start a download any time you like, but you cannot pull the plug on an install, sure fire way to brick the system...
---
Did you really just instruct someone to search the Internet for the truth?
I never thought I would die like this, but I always hoped...
#10drhockeyPosted 11/18/2012 9:03:09 PM
I unplugged my WiiU after 15 minutes during the update because it looked like zero progress was made.

Re-did the update this morning (took about an hour) and have been playing SMB and Sonic Racing all day no problem.

Sure it is not a good thing to do at all and the risk is obviously there, but it is by no means a 100% sure fire way to brick the system.
---
MKWii - ElDandy ( 3376-2292-8704 )
GT - Rainb0w Express