Anyone transfer Wii data to the WiiU...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Anyone transfer Wii data to the WiiU...

User Info: Greggy_Poo

Greggy_Poo
4 years ago#1
...from a hacked Wii with Homebrew? I'm really hesitant to transfer from my hacked Wii for fear of bricking my new shiny toy. Anyone do this successfully?
Greggy Poo FC: 4792-0003-5921
http://www.youtube.com/user/GreggIsRad?feature=mhee

User Info: darkdreamr

darkdreamr
4 years ago#2
you are going to have to update the wii to the newest firmware. i transfered files with no issue however keep in mind that only purchased files will make it over. the process is incredibly long ( longer than updating the wii u)
Wii Friend Code : 8142-9137-7188-4060
Everyone add me!

User Info: Mega__Man

Mega__Man
4 years ago#3
I was wondering the same thing actually..wouldn't updating it brick it too?
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc76/heeheex2/th_MM-1.jpg

User Info: DerPancake

DerPancake
4 years ago#4
If it bricks, just restore it.
WiiU ID: GermanicMexican

User Info: Greggy_Poo

Greggy_Poo
4 years ago#5
Mega__Man posted...
I was wondering the same thing actually..wouldn't updating it brick it too?

This is what I've always heard, that updating the Wii after it's modded will brick it. I didn't realize you had to update it to transfer to WiiU. With this in mind I'll probably not do it as I only had save game states to transfer anyway. Thanks everyone.
Greggy Poo FC: 4792-0003-5921
http://www.youtube.com/user/GreggIsRad?feature=mhee

User Info: Jackalfox

Jackalfox
4 years ago#6
Someone on NeoGAF tried it and said you can transfer a homebrewed Wii, but since it checks the Wii Shop Channel to determine what you do and don't have, it'll only download official programs. The Homebrew Channel, etc. won't carry over.
Now Playing - Assassin's Creed III (360), Assassin's Creed (360), Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360)

User Info: BobbyPwNz0521

BobbyPwNz0521
4 years ago#7
Now I see you guys are talking hacks here, but I'm slightly hesitant to transfer all my game data because I cant help but think I wont be able to play Brawl with GC controllers anymore. I personally use wiimote and nunchuck, but the lack of GC game support kinda sucks. =/

Also, does anyone know if doing the data transfer clears the Wii CoD online data?
History does not repeat itself. It rhymes.
Right now, on your body, there is at least one place that itches.

User Info: BIGxBOSSx

BIGxBOSSx
4 years ago#8
Just did it. Works fine as long as you can sign into the shop an download the transfer channel.
"Don't touch my Champene Horsmen"

User Info: Arcanine2009

Arcanine2009
4 years ago#9
BobbyPwNz0521 posted...
Now I see you guys are talking hacks here, but I'm slightly hesitant to transfer all my game data because I cant help but think I wont be able to play Brawl with GC controllers anymore. I personally use wiimote and nunchuck, but the lack of GC game support kinda sucks. =/

Also, does anyone know if doing the data transfer clears the Wii CoD online data?

Make a copy of the saved data and put it on an SD card. Is that possible for Brawl?
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg359/ProdigyCashew/pterodactyl.gif

User Info: BobbyPwNz0521

BobbyPwNz0521
4 years ago#10
Arcanine2009 posted...
BobbyPwNz0521 posted...

Make a copy of the saved data and put it on an SD card. Is that possible for Brawl?

Yeah but I want either everything on my Wii U or keep everything on the Wii. I mainly want to transfer it over because I don't want to deal with 2 consoles.
History does not repeat itself. It rhymes.
Right now, on your body, there is at least one place that itches.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Anyone transfer Wii data to the WiiU...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived