RAF: 1,000 Plus Online Edition (Log 501 - 1,000)

#161Cubfan082(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 10:10:20 AM
Machine1136 posted...
JLew1415 posted...
I sucked hard last night. Just got pounded in a few matches, saw how some people like to spawn rape you on domination, especially on that freaking boat, ugh.

Nope, this game doesn't allow spawn raping like that.

No one ever said that. You sure as **** can all get killed in your spawn, but it will not lock you there. You get kicked out after paying your penance or by having a team mate who is aware enough to protect themselves.
---
Did you really just instruct someone to search the Internet for the truth?
I never thought I would die like this, but I always hoped...
#162JLew1415Posted 1/8/2013 10:56:05 AM
Cubfan082 posted...
Machine1136 posted...
JLew1415 posted...
I sucked hard last night. Just got pounded in a few matches, saw how some people like to spawn rape you on domination, especially on that freaking boat, ugh.

No one ever said that. You sure as **** can all get killed in your spawn, but it will not lock you there. You get kicked out after paying your penance or by having a team mate who is aware enough to protect themselves.

Yep- Wasn't good enough to get away, and then my teammates kept getting thrown back in. Finally escaped to the other side and flipped it on them.

Maybe it's not a spawn lock, but I see players camping the opposite spawn fairly often, solo as to not push the spawn and picking people off. Again it seem worse on the boat level since you can't go too far.
---
Wii U: JLew1415
#163Machine1136Posted 1/8/2013 11:04:04 AM
Cubfan082 posted...
Machine1136 posted...
JLew1415 posted...

I just said that.

What is involved in "paying your penance"? Where do you spawn after having paid your penance?
---
&.Machine
NNID, PSN: Machine1136
#164Machine1136Posted 1/8/2013 11:05:49 AM
JLew1415 posted...
Cubfan082 posted...
Machine1136 posted...
JLew1415 posted...

Yep- Wasn't good enough to get away, and then my teammates kept getting thrown back in. Finally escaped to the other side and flipped it on them.

Maybe it's not a spawn lock, but I see players camping the opposite spawn fairly often, solo as to not push the spawn and picking people off. Again it seem worse on the boat level since you can't go too far.

They're just controlling their flanks. Stop making it seem like it's controlling spawns.
---
&.Machine
#165Cubfan082(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 11:12:25 AM
Machine1136 posted...
JLew1415 posted...
Cubfan082 posted...
Machine1136 posted...
JLew1415 posted...

They're just controlling their flanks. Stop making it seem like it's controlling spawns.

you are finally learning...
---
#166Machine1136Posted 1/8/2013 11:58:07 AM
Cubfan082 posted...

Shucks, thanks teach! Now tell me how to pay penance in this game, as it relates to spawning by your flag and not elsewhere?
---
&.Machine
#167Cubfan082(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 12:18:26 PM
Machine1136 posted...
Cubfan082 posted...

Shucks, thanks teach! Now tell me how to pay penance in this game, as it relates to spawning by your flag and not elsewhere?

not until three of you are killed within 5 seconds of spawning...
---
#168Cubfan082(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 2:01:19 PM
GGs PIne, I don't know your feelings on the matter but I absolutely love playing Demolition. It is a blast, literally and figuratively.

I also typically don't have to host it, which is something I can not say about search and destroy.

Two developements are happening that have alleviated my hosting burden, first and foremost my router is dying. Secondly, I am, um......watching some videos while I play. Yeah, I have a link to a speed play throguh of Mario 64 that lasts for two hours. Playing it on my phone and ipad combined with dying router seems to be the cure for what ailes me. This may be placebo, but adding some network traffic gave me the feel of better gaming.

I felt dirty my first match, cause it really seemed to make a significant difference in how the net code responds to your player movements, towards the end of the night though it did not matter as the population went away and only spread out players remained.

I wish those C4K guys had mikes, I would like to know where they are playing out of. Everytime I play them the game is nothing but a choppy, slidey mess, I never see who kills me and I die a ton. At least i got to shoot down some more VTOL's and Loadstars....
---
#169JLew1415Posted 1/9/2013 2:04:04 PM
Cubfan082 posted...
GGs PIne, I don't know your feelings on the matter but I absolutely love playing Demolition. It is a blast, literally and figuratively.

I also typically don't have to host it, which is something I can not say about search and destroy.

Two developements are happening that have alleviated my hosting burden, first and foremost my router is dying. Secondly, I am, um......watching some videos while I play. Yeah, I have a link to a speed play throguh of Mario 64 that lasts for two hours. Playing it on my phone and ipad combined with dying router seems to be the cure for what ailes me. This may be placebo, but adding some network traffic gave me the feel of better gaming.

I felt dirty my first match, cause it really seemed to make a significant difference in how the net code responds to your player movements, towards the end of the night though it did not matter as the population went away and only spread out players remained.

I wish those C4K guys had mikes, I would like to know where they are playing out of. Everytime I play them the game is nothing but a choppy, slidey mess, I never see who kills me and I die a ton. At least i got to shoot down some more VTOL's and Loadstars....

Everything was good until those last games of the night- I think you're right it's the lack of people that cause us trouble. My gamepad dies right when Zhuk left- maybe a part of it left with him... So I called it a night.

I had fun last night though- enjoy running with everyone.
---
Wii U: JLew1415
#170Cubfan082(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 2:26:45 PM
JLew1415 posted...
Cubfan082 posted...

Everything was good until those last games of the night- I think you're right it's the lack of people that cause us trouble. My gamepad dies right when Zhuk left- maybe a part of it left with him... So I called it a night.

I had fun last night though- enjoy running with everyone.

I had a blast too, I have found when the online numbers dip below 1000, I should do something else. RTDM would still be viable I guess, but I hate the level 10 teamate laying down with target finder, irks me to no end...
---