RAF: 1,000 Plus Online Edition (Log 501 - 1,000)

#171Machine1136Posted 1/9/2013 9:24:22 PM
Cubfan082 posted...
JLew1415 posted...
Cubfan082 posted...
GGs PIne, I don't know your feelings on the matter but I absolutely love playing Demolition. It is a blast, literally and figuratively.

I also typically don't have to host it, which is something I can not say about search and destroy.

Two developements are happening that have alleviated my hosting burden, first and foremost my router is dying. Secondly, I am, um......watching some videos while I play. Yeah, I have a link to a speed play throguh of Mario 64 that lasts for two hours. Playing it on my phone and ipad combined with dying router seems to be the cure for what ailes me. This may be placebo, but adding some network traffic gave me the feel of better gaming.

I felt dirty my first match, cause it really seemed to make a significant difference in how the net code responds to your player movements, towards the end of the night though it did not matter as the population went away and only spread out players remained.

I wish those C4K guys had mikes, I would like to know where they are playing out of. Everytime I play them the game is nothing but a choppy, slidey mess, I never see who kills me and I die a ton. At least i got to shoot down some more VTOL's and Loadstars....

Everything was good until those last games of the night- I think you're right it's the lack of people that cause us trouble. My gamepad dies right when Zhuk left- maybe a part of it left with him... So I called it a night.

I had fun last night though- enjoy running with everyone.

I had a blast too, I have found when the online numbers dip below 1000, I should do something else. RTDM would still be viable I guess, but I hate the level 10 teamate laying down with target finder, irks me to no end...

That never happens in Dom, no way.
---
&.Machine
NNID, PSN: Machine1136
#172Cubfan082(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 6:51:51 AM
PLaying a few matches of domination will get you past level ten, just by doing only minimal capping efforts.

Camping in RTDM for 2 or 3 kills gets you no where, players don't stay low level long playing tactical games, and while you can still camp them if you choose to do so, you are likely to lose the match significantly if you do, RTDMS no garuntee...
---
Did you really just instruct someone to search the Internet for the truth?
I never thought I would die like this, but I always hoped...
#173swisskdlPosted 1/10/2013 8:51:56 AM
Cubfan082 posted...
Secondly, I am, um......watching some videos while I play. Yeah, I have a link to a speed play throguh of Mario 64 that lasts for two hours. Playing it on my phone and ipad combined with dying router seems to be the cure for what ailes me. This may be placebo, but adding some network traffic gave me the feel of better gaming.

Ya, I brought up this same technique last week I think in a different thread. My wife signed up for a 30 day trial to Netflix and I was wary of her watching while I would play because I knew during the Wii playing days how even just watching a youtube video while I would play would cause real lag.

But I told her the Wii U has a better modem in it so maybe it'll be OK. First time she did it, I didn't notice any lag comp anymore. And there wasn't any normal studdery type lag either.

So now I promote her watching Netflix while I play and sometimes even when she isn't, I'll just turn on a movie or something and just set the laptop down on a table and go to town.

It really does seem to help.
---
Hoodbury
#174Machine1136Posted 1/10/2013 8:58:04 AM
Cubfan082 posted...
PLaying a few matches of domination will get you past level ten, just by doing only minimal capping efforts.

Camping in RTDM for 2 or 3 kills gets you no where, players don't stay low level long playing tactical games, and while you can still camp them if you choose to do so, you are likely to lose the match significantly if you do, RTDMS no garuntee...

You're way off base. I won two Dom games yesterday by camping the B flag, once on Drone and once on Turbine (and while on Turbine, camping with a Target Finder). If I played the same way in TDM, on those maps, my team would have lost by 25 in each case.
---
&.Machine
#175Cubfan082(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 9:24:13 AM
Machine1136 posted...
Cubfan082 posted...

You're way off base. I won two Dom games yesterday by camping the B flag, once on Drone and once on Turbine (and while on Turbine, camping with a Target Finder). If I played the same way in TDM, on those maps, my team would have lost by 25 in each case.

so what you are really saying is your level of competition in those rounds was equivalent to easy mode bots....

;-)
---
#176Machine1136Posted 1/10/2013 10:07:41 AM
Cubfan082 posted...
Machine1136 posted...
Cubfan082 posted...

so what you are really saying is your level of competition in those rounds was equivalent to easy mode bots....

;-)

Ha. Maybe so. The one on Drone was against a few people on my Friend's List that aren't great but aren't terrible either.
---
&.Machine
#177BirdPwNz100Posted 1/10/2013 11:53:49 AM
Camping with target finder XD
---
PSN: oBirdPwNz-
#178Machine1136Posted 1/10/2013 12:32:50 PM
BirdPwNz100 posted...
Camping with target finder XD

:) Absolutely. It's fun when you've got an LMG in your hands and are cross-map wall banging people that just glowed with a giant red diamond after briefly poking their head out, or are head glitching on B-flag while they wander into your sights.

But I don't use it on any other weapon class, nor do I just head glitch in a random corner of some building waiting for someone to walk in a door while playing TDM.
---
&.Machine
#179Cubfan082(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 7:52:55 AM
Good games guys, I let the game pad die, should not have, took all sound with it, so I played that last hour deaf hopefully that explains why I was always in the wrong place...

...i found my CoD soul mate, a chick who swears as much as me, that was fun...
---
#180Cubfan082(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 9:40:50 AM
BTW PIne, you never made up for that pimping me off just shy of my first Swarm. I never unlocked that Killstreak until last night, as I was about to prestige I figured I would go for it...

...I was either 50 or 25 points shy when I finally died, regardless as I was begging you to move so I could kills either of those two dudes, but ended up only getting a +25 on both of them, and we both missed the trailer who was spraying at our backs as we rushed up.

My brain went into slomo as I saw what was inevitablly going to be my death. I had spent all my rounds on those assists, thus got caught in a reload, and I managed to hit the dude prior to him killing me, but since I so foolishly went with the Chicom and I couldn't get enough rounds out before he got the kill...

...dammit....

Anyways, only tried for Swarm twice, playing conservatively I got near it both times. like I said first time I was maybe 25 to 50 points away, had I got one of those kills I would have earned it and the likely flawless victory, second time I went for as was stopped 100 points shy, got greedy and went for the cap with Josephina, should have known better than to trust the flank to a newb...LOL I was so mad when we got rolled right through, I tossed my c4 as was in the process of detonating it as I died...
---