RAF: 1,000 Plus Online Edition (Log 501 - 1,000)

#201Cubfan082(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 7:51:39 PM
JLew1415 posted...
lol comment of the night- L33T sniper complains about wii-mote spraying. I tell him to shut off his aim assist and come talk to me. Says he doesn't use aim assist- I ask him if he shut it off, he claims you don't have to that's not how it works, guy on his team tell him yeah it's true you have to go into options and shut it off.

Curses and bails from lobby.

Hates losing to those back-woodsie sounding clan. Course tuff to win when I have 7 caps and 5 defends, Led has 9 caps and 4 defends, and 1 more cap between our teammates. And they wern't even trying to streak up, unless a counter UAV was their goal, the one they called in. Ugh they were bad.

they were awful, but we had worse than bullet sponges and one dude was indeed AFK...
---
Did you really just instruct someone to search the Internet for the truth?
I never thought I would die like this, but I always hoped...
#202Machine1136Posted 1/24/2013 5:02:57 AM
Cubfan082 posted...
Found a youtuber I like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvGo-rO6gzM

Dude makes all kinds of helpful videos and explains challeneges if you need them explained, he is like British Kidlat...

Well the video you linked is definitely super helpful. I'm amazed, really: "To complete these camo challenges fast, go for the challenges! See look, if you need crossbow kills, then kill people with the crossbow! If you need headshots, aim for the head! If you need lots of kills, get lots of kills!"

Derpy derpy derp.
---
&.Machine
NNID, PSN: Machine1136
#203Cubfan082(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 7:16:06 AM
Look dude, you may not appreciate it, but this kind of youtuber gets to the goddam point, this is a "response" video to people calling "hax" and "boosts" regarding his camos, and he says shut your mouth and watch...

I have gotten seven headshots in a match before, he rips off seven in a row. He says complete the challenges by going for them in response to derps thinking it is unattainable and calling him a fraud.

Whatever, he gets his message out in about 3 min of time, most of the other tubers would not be done schilling for subscriptions by then...
---
#204Cubfan082(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 5:53:35 PM
Did some network maintenance, updates etc and set up a static IP for the u.

in the event you dud not know, the U defaults to the MTU value set in your routers advanced settings. Some people were discussing why theirs was different than others having never adjusted it, that is why.

I will be running off of forwarded ports this evening, I I did a recommended test to see if "buffer bloating" is real and what is causing my issues.

my NAT is still going to be open, test one thing at a time.
---
#205swisskdlPosted 1/25/2013 9:19:34 PM
Cubfan082 posted...
Haven't seen hoodbury or j lew in a while, sound off ehhh?

I was on vacation for a week. Just got home tonight but too tired to play. I'll be on tomorrow though.
---
Hoodbury
#206Cubfan082(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 9:01:24 AM
Well I can happily report that what I did worked. As an unintended consequence my NAT has moved to strict, which I don't think matters really cause my bandwidth still allows me to find games.

I used the I pad to access my router from the couch, and experimented with throttling my upload speed up and down to see what would happen. Turns out "buffet bloating" is real, and that combined with game latency is what IMO creates the bull s***.

How do I know it worked? Well Romp and Jlew can verify in about 4 hours online last night I swore twice...

...yep. This does not, repeat DOES NOT, stop the ability of other players to see in front of their avatars position on your screen. What it does do is put you on near level playing field by making more of your shots count while nearly eliminating the rubber banding.

I took maybe three deaths I thought were BS, but the remainder felt much more like I deserved it than was getting hosed. KDR went up and I played positive against mex clan. So you tell me if that was not at least part of it...
---
#207Cubfan082(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 9:13:09 AM
Forgot to.mention the port forwarding failed btw, the Wii setup I had did not work for the U, the DNS was never required previously, I know how to get it, but my ipconfig/all command only gives a singular value, the u is asking for a primary and secondary, only my router has a primary and secondary, but that should not be the value they are after.

so the port forwarding failed to connect to the internet, but I established the connection to the router. So the only thing I tested was upload control, and that made a big difference.

any one who can direct me to the steps to forward please do.
---
#208Cubfan082(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 7:39:19 AM
I am fully convinced the buffer bloating is real and what is causing the dropped shots and wildly different game views YOUR position. Like I said, your enemies will still lag, but adjusting that value gives you a few miliseconds to react instead of just dying and never seeing it coming.

the 10 and 25 games did not show up for me for this weekend as a result, also as a result I was nit swearing all that much because when my deaths came it was obvious I should have died. Also my headshots are connecting, thus it is obvious that I should be getting the kills I deserved all along.

this has been a rage reducer for me, since I have the Ipad next to me while I play I can call up the router login and just turn on the data controls and go, Zhuk I reccomend you do this as well since we are in the same region.
---
#209JLew1415Posted 1/28/2013 10:19:37 AM
Had horrible connection issues last night- got disconnected twice while in match, couldn't find servers, and had a freeze while host.

Don't think it was my router-

I don't think we can run 4+ parties late at night with people from across the US- no games to be found, or I get booted.
---
Wii U: JLew1415
#210Cubfan082(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 11:12:24 AM
JLew1415 posted...
Had horrible connection issues last night- got disconnected twice while in match, couldn't find servers, and had a freeze while host.

Don't think it was my router-

I don't think we can run 4+ parties late at night with people from across the US- no games to be found, or I get booted.

Yeah it is a bummer, but that seems to be an issue. However once you got tossed, we found stable games...

...we waited for you to come back on line but didn't see you show back up, thus went on to dominate some RTDMs.
---