I have a proposal on countering aim assist for dual analog players.

#1Arcanine2009Posted 12/5/2012 10:08:47 AM(edited)
First of all, I don't think this will solve the aim assist problem entirely, but I do think it will help tip the balance for wiimote users at least.

My proposal? Reduce or eliminate sway completely for wiimote users for all weapons. Why? Well, DA aim assist is incredibly strong, you just have to aim near a target, and it will automatically aim for you, and all there is left, is to shoot. By reducing or eliminating sway for wiimote users, you give them a shot against DA users. aiming is faster on wiimote, but we already have to deal with our own natural sway from holding the wiimote, and we can never precisely aim at a target, as fast as a DA user, especially when sniping, with the current aim assist for DA controls.

However, I'm leaning more towards making sway barely noticable for most weapons, and halving sniper sway. Because lets face it.. Eliminating sway entirely on sniper rifles, would be nearly as easy as sniping in WaW, and people would complain about that..

What do you guys think?
---
Nintendo Network ID: sselemanrm
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
#2GM_Posted 12/5/2012 10:12:25 AM
You're basically arguing to remove a handicap on restricted controls. No matter what console you play this game on there is a lot of aim assist due to the nature of how the controls are limited. You're just accustomed to more free aim with the Wiimote which is closer to using a mouse in a 3D space.

I doubt they'll nerf the aim assist.
#3Arcanine2009(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:21:38 AM(edited)
Did you even read what I said? When did I ever say they should remove aim assist in this thread? I said to counteract against dual analog aim assist, reducing sway on wiimote users is one idea I propose, to make it more balanced for wiimote users. Again, wiimote users already had to deal with in game sway since COD4:MWR, and for DA aim assist, sway is almost irrelevant, since you just have to aim near an enemy, and the computer drags the cursor and puts it on a target for you. IMO, that's the least they could do.
---
#4leechmaster21Posted 12/5/2012 10:28:26 AM
I reckon just make certain rooms for certain controllers only and some where you can use any controls?
---
Mario Kart Wii FC: 2406-5626-1259
PSN id- sweats_21
#5BrownsM1Posted 12/5/2012 10:31:19 AM
I really need to play on this console with the Wiimote so I can see how bad it is on here.

I know Aim Assist is a lot stronger in this game than other CODs. on 360, I can be sitting in a random spot not even in ADS and someone I don't even notice can run by and my crosshair will follow them the second they go by.
---
them1clan.webs.com xbox GT: TAILS DOLL M1
Before you die you see the Tails Doll ~ Can you feel the sunshine?
#6AileWingPosted 12/5/2012 10:35:28 AM
I don't really care. I just want my cursor sensitivity option.
---
Romans 12:9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
#7DoomsSDPosted 12/5/2012 10:43:41 AM
leechmaster21 posted...
I reckon just make certain rooms for certain controllers only and some where you can use any controls?

Hmm, a controller lobby would be an interesting idea if they could get it to work...
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#8SlightballPosted 12/5/2012 10:44:20 AM
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I just don't notice a difference with Aim Assist on the dual analog. I play on both the wii mote and gamepad and I haven't seen a "jump out at me" difference.

On GE when I switched from the Pro-Controller to Wii mote, it was like night and day difference with ADS snap. It made me understand how people were killing me from across the map all those times!

This game, not so much. I even checked my settings to make sure it was turned on in case because it was not effecting it that much.
---
NNID: Slightball - Golden-Eye Wii: 3123-3342-0539 - Slightball/BEEDRILL*
#9Arcanine2009(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 11:03:34 AM
DoomsSD posted...
leechmaster21 posted...

Hmm, a controller lobby would be an interesting idea if they could get it to work...

That would just divide the community even more.

There's limited modes as is also.
---
#10DoomsSDPosted 12/5/2012 11:16:47 AM
Arcanine2009 posted...
DoomsSD posted...
leechmaster21 posted...

That would just divide the community even more.

There's limited modes as is also.

Yeah. I think the most important words in my post are "if they could get it to work"

The issues are, like you say,the player base would be divided and that wouldn't be great on a new launch game that wants to thrive on a bustling multi-player.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...