Worst snipping ever.

#1loco145Posted 1/24/2013 12:34:49 AM
Seriously. It is ridiculous how easy it is. On almost every other game, snipping at least required a bit of skill, but here? Bring back n00btube if you want to cater to low skill players...
#2SozcumberPosted 1/24/2013 2:27:40 AM
I don't agree. It's so much easier to play with every other weapon class. Also what makes you think only noobs use the sniper rifles. This game has been out less than two months, technically everyone is a noob at this game. It's just that when you get killed by someone you don't see leaves people generally more butt hurt than someone in a CQB scenario.
#3QuantiTPosted 1/24/2013 5:20:22 AM
yeah, 3arch folded and copied IWs sniping style.

Of course it doesnt help matters when you have a sniper that can OSK you TOO THE SHIN (DSR) or a semi auto bullet hose that has jack diddily in the way of recoil (SVU).

Why shotgun and sniping was so buffed from BOps1 is way beyond me.
#4SozcumberPosted 1/24/2013 7:23:57 AM
Yeah, when you get taken down below the waste it always feels like a jip. Also I've never used that sniper I like the second one that's bolt action that one is beastly :)
#5chili999Posted 1/24/2013 7:26:27 AM
Sniping takes abit skill if your running around, if your staying in a house not being seen is good, but getting close up to smgs and lmg target finders cn get a bit though. I would like to see you do great vs a pdw sir ;)
---
Goldeneye- 0896-4768-6155= [DA]chili
WiiU ID- chili_beans
#6Cubfan082Posted 1/24/2013 8:35:39 AM(edited)
chili999 posted...
Sniping takes abit skill if your running around, if your staying in a house not being seen is good, but getting close up to smgs and lmg target finders cn get a bit though. I would like to see you do great vs a pdw sir ;)

It only takes "skill" (no) if you turn off aim assist while using the DA or play with a Wii mote. Leaving aim assist on with DA does it for you, you often do not even have to be on the target to still get mad kills.

Sniping with the Wii mote is completely pointless for me, I have not tried it with target assist on but I can't see that makeing much of a difference.
---
Did you really just instruct someone to search the Internet for the truth?
I never thought I would die like this, but I always hoped...
#7Arcanine2009Posted 1/24/2013 10:27:57 AM(edited)
QuantiT posted...
yeah, 3arch folded and copied IWs sniping style.

Of course it doesnt help matters when you have a sniper that can OSK you TOO THE SHIN (DSR) or a semi auto bullet hose that has jack diddily in the way of recoil (SVU).

Why shotgun and sniping was so buffed from BOps1 is way beyond me.

Can you stop talking out of your ass for once? DSR osoks to the waist and up, and arms--not shins. SVU-AS is an m21 reskin with a 350 RPM cap.
If Treyarch was like IW, they'd cap semi auto snipers rof at 1200rpm

How people complain about the svu-as, when its inferior to the two semi auto ars, and underpowered compared to the other 3 sniper rifles with a silencer ttachment.. And when its inferior to IW's RSASS and M21, which nobody ever complained about, is beyond me.
---
Nintendo Network ID: sselemanrm
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
#8DrumguyPosted 1/24/2013 11:21:01 AM
What's snipping?
#9loco145(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 11:40:12 AM
chili999 posted...

The fact that snipers can do that and be relative effective is evidence of how broken they are in this game.
#10loco145(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 11:51:44 AM
And the sad thing is not that they are this broken because of weapon or map is design. Is because the games feature baby-like training wheels in the form of extremely high aim assist. You don't even need to know the position of your foe, aim assist will find it for you, even if its behind a wall. I have never seen such high aim assist since I played Modern Combat. A Friggin phone game.

I'm somewhat fine playing against other type of weapons with such high aim assist, at least it feels that I'm playing against skilled players instead of who they are, people who can't aim for sh*t. But snipers? They are as effective as a high end TF2 sniper. I'm pretty decent TF2 sniper myself, but it took me long time to get effective as one and I still can't target people behind walls, and everything but a headshot on low health class isn't instant death while quick-scooping.