Whoa! Wii U doesn't get ANY new map packs!?

#1LilMajerCartunePosted 1/30/2013 3:58:54 PM
http://community.activision.com/thread/200565812

Please say it ain't so! >_> This is really ruining part of my Call of Duty experience!!!
---
"I'm not a nerd, I just Google a lot." - David "Lil Majer" Prunty
#2swisskdlPosted 1/30/2013 4:09:34 PM(edited)
That thread was created on 12/12... The call was to an Activision CSR...

But, unrelated to that guys phone call, it's probably true though.
---
Hoodbury
#3kuragari1anonlyPosted 1/30/2013 4:08:34 PM
Wah we want map packs

*Get map packs*

BAW MAPS SUCK

They're saving you the inevitable.
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#4logans_run_82Posted 1/30/2013 4:13:37 PM
I came close to buying this version, but now that I'm reading the people with perpetual post-update freezing, and this map-pack ordeal, I think I'll just settle with a ps3.
---
The Opposite of a great truth is also true -- Niels Bohr
3DS Friend Code: 4296-3151-0091
#5Cubfan082Posted 1/30/2013 4:19:36 PM
logans_run_82 posted...
I came close to buying this version, but now that I'm reading the people with perpetual post-update freezing, and this map-pack ordeal, I think I'll just settle with a ps3.

stop being so fickle, if you bought the U support the U, the PS3 Is the poorest performing version of the game, and outside of DLC there are few significant differences.

support the U if you bought the U.

the freezes are not common, it happens and they are working on it.
---
Did you really just instruct someone to search the Internet for the truth?
I never thought I would die like this, but I always hoped...
#6DerPancakePosted 1/30/2013 4:28:37 PM(edited)
Cubfan082 posted...
logans_run_82 posted...

stop being so fickle, if you bought the U support the U, the PS3 Is the poorest performing version of the game, and outside of DLC there are few significant differences.

support the U if you bought the U.

the freezes are not common, it happens and they are working on it.

I have to disagree there Cub, the WiiU version is easily the worst one, less support and the most lag.
---
WiiU ID: GermanicMexican
#7CODwiiiVIP123Posted 1/30/2013 4:32:00 PM
Activision said the WiiU couldn't HANDLE a DLC map pack?!!..Really?!!! Well we all know that's a load of horse **** considering the WiiU has just as much capability of supporting DLC as the PS3 and 360. They're just saying they don't want our business or money, well I say if they don't give us a map pack like other HD consoles are, they've lost a valuable customer for their future COD games

The reason I could accept no map packs in the Wii CODs was because the fact that Wii couldn't take a huge map pack DLC was true, but now with the WiiU they have no reasonable excuse except for that they're basically saying they do not care enough about nintendo owners to allow us to do business with them
---
Nintendo ID: KratreonAmpora21
#8LilMajerCartune(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 4:33:50 PM
CODwiiiVIP123 posted...
Activision said the WiiU couldn't HANDLE a DLC map pack?!!..Really?!!! Well we all know that's a load of horse **** considering the WiiU has just as much capability of supporting DLC as the PS3 and 360. They're just saying they don't want our business or money, well I say if they don't give us a map pack like other HD consoles are, they've lost a valuable customer for their future COD games

The reason I could accept no map packs in the Wii CODs was because the fact that Wii couldn't take a huge map pack DLC was true, but now with the WiiU they have no reasonable excuse except for that they're basically saying they do not care enough about nintendo owners to allow us to do business with them

I agree with this 100%!! Activision will lose all of my support because of this!
---
"I'm not a nerd, I just Google a lot." - David "Lil Majer" Prunty
#9BirdPwNz100Posted 1/30/2013 4:35:09 PM
And yet when the new CoD game comes out, you guys will still buy it anyway, therefore being hyprocites.
---
PSN: oBirdPwNz-
#10HardkodePosted 1/30/2013 5:09:02 PM
BirdPwNz100 posted...
And yet when the new CoD game comes out, you guys will still buy it anyway, therefore being hyprocites.

Everyone on this forum will likely buy the DLC when it comes out in late February and they'll still be posting here about how rotten the WiiU is.