I hate a lot of High Prestige Players.

#61SlightballPosted 2/1/2013 4:09:02 PM
I think it has more to do with people like to complain in general. I hear all sorts of people, high level, low level etc yell, scream, cuss, make excuses on almost every game.

Maybe for some people it is like playing sports, but talking smack it helps pump you up!!?? Nahhh I think it is more likely that people need to vent their frustration to complete internet strangers and it makes them feel good about themselves.
---
NNID: Slightball - Golden-Eye Wii: 3123-3342-0539 - Slightball/BEEDRILL*
#62ZoidWildFlowersPosted 2/1/2013 4:30:10 PM
I'm a placid person IRL. I very rarely swear, yet whenever i play this stupid game, i'm swearing like a sailor. its "F*** this" "F*** off was that a death" and "Bull****".

CoD just brings out the worst in people i think, based on myself anyways.
---
Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeke!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07cNDoNinww
#63voidecho1Posted 2/1/2013 5:27:14 PM
ZoidWildFlowers posted...
I'm a placid person IRL. I very rarely swear, yet whenever i play this stupid game, i'm swearing like a sailor. its "F*** this" "F*** off was that a death" and "Bull****".

I've never in my life come close to cussing as much as I do playing video games. These games 100% bring out the worst in me.
---
If I'm playing, I'm sure I'll be chatting here...
http://and-clan.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=chat
#64kuragari1anonlyPosted 2/1/2013 5:32:40 PM
ZoidWildFlowers posted...

I've never in my life come close to cussing as much as I do playing video games. These games 100% bring out the worst in me.

It doesn't really help that I can be a nasty person in general if rubbed the wrong way. Me cussing someone out or saying something ****ed up to someone in this game is a borderline normal day for me.
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#65SandwichRiverPosted 2/1/2013 5:49:39 PM
This game is basically designed for everyone to have a chance. The people that aren't great, sit in a corner or camp in a losing game of domination to get those cheap kills. Target finder and AA were basically brought in OP'd for this reason. The short kill times also allow for this which is why hardcore modes are even more camptastic.

I agree that people complain when they do crappy and lag will definitely play a role in that (as well add an excuse). Not sure anyone is happy when they die to sniper rifle AA or when someone has their backed turned to them on their screen or when you die and you didn't even see the person. Who would like that?

I believe skill/strategy still plays a role in this game, but it's just annoying when it's robbed from you by all the problems that this game has (lag being the big one). When you do everything right and still die who would have the desire to keep playing. Imagine you played Mario and kept falling through random platforms or jumped a different height everytime... basically the same deal with this game.
---
&.Nay
#66Cubfan082Posted 2/1/2013 6:19:04 PM
SandwichRiver posted...
This game is basically designed for everyone to have a chance. The people that aren't great, sit in a corner or camp in a losing game of domination to get those cheap kills. Target finder and AA were basically brought in OP'd for this reason. The short kill times also allow for this which is why hardcore modes are even more camptastic.

I agree that people complain when they do crappy and lag will definitely play a role in that (as well add an excuse). Not sure anyone is happy when they die to sniper rifle AA or when someone has their backed turned to them on their screen or when you die and you didn't even see the person. Who would like that?

I believe skill/strategy still plays a role in this game, but it's just annoying when it's robbed from you by all the problems that this game has (lag being the big one). When you do everything right and still die who would have the desire to keep playing. Imagine you played Mario and kept falling through random platforms or jumped a different height everytime... basically the same deal with this game.

...and nothing more needs to be said. Well done...
---
Did you really just instruct someone to search the Internet for the truth?
I never thought I would die like this, but I always hoped...
#67xXDa-KidXx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 7:53:51 PM
Not quite.
---
NNID: xXDaKidXx
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DaKidWiiTrailers <--[Updates, Trailers, Reviews, and more!]
#68QuantiTPosted 2/2/2013 7:55:27 PM
xXDa-KidXx posted...
Not quite.

Elaborate.
---
Anything Could Happen.......
#69Machine1136Posted 2/4/2013 5:45:32 AM
Cubfan082 posted...

...Masheen, please provide proper definition to describe the inherent hypocrisy in all of this.

nOObs camp.

Pros Rush

Rushers complain about nOOb campers killing them

...but only nOObs are killed by campers consistently, especially if a camper never moves...

So what does that make the rushers who compain about nOObs camping and killing them as they play?

...infact they are the true nOObs for being so reckless with the life of their avatar by allowing a "nOOB" to streak them.

If you want everyone to run around and shoot each other why have cover? Put everyone on the same plane with nothing but line of sight between them and say duke it out if that is the game you want. Which brings me back to saying if you are going to compain about such a basic things as allowing a "camper" to out play you, you need to find a different game until you can use a thumb instead of a finger...

When I am close to a high streak I spam EMP nades out infront of Romper. You know why? Cause it is usually good for an easy 100 to 150 points. I am sure you will call that cheap, but in reality it is simply a smart play to make the most of what you bring into the lobby. And again, if you have a problem with that you are simply playing the wrong game.

I've never once said only noobs camp and only pros rush - those would sound like absolutes, wouldn't they? And only idiots deal in absolutes.

All I've said is that scorestreaks promote camping, and thus are dumb in concept because I like to run around and shoot people in a first person shooter. You're the one trying to add on all this inference about other crap. Just to be clear:

I am NOT arguing that "Scorestreaks are the only reason people camp".
I am NOT arguing that "Scorestreaks can only be earned by camping".
I am NOT arguing that "Scorestreaks GUARANTEE camping".
I am NOT arguing that "Scorestreaks make Cubfan a dull boy".
I am NOT arguing that "Scorestreaks should be turned off or you're a woman".

So stop "trying to invent arguments" for me, and read what I write.
---
&.Machine
NNID, PSN: Machine1136
#70Cubfan082Posted 2/4/2013 8:04:09 AM
Machine1136 posted...
Cubfan082 posted...

...Masheen, please provide proper definition to describe the inherent hypocrisy in all of this.

nOObs camp.

Pros Rush

Rushers complain about nOOb campers killing them

...but only nOObs are killed by campers consistently, especially if a camper never moves...

So what does that make the rushers who compain about nOObs camping and killing them as they play?

...infact they are the true nOObs for being so reckless with the life of their avatar by allowing a "nOOB" to streak them.

If you want everyone to run around and shoot each other why have cover? Put everyone on the same plane with nothing but line of sight between them and say duke it out if that is the game you want. Which brings me back to saying if you are going to compain about such a basic things as allowing a "camper" to out play you, you need to find a different game until you can use a thumb instead of a finger...

When I am close to a high streak I spam EMP nades out infront of Romper. You know why? Cause it is usually good for an easy 100 to 150 points. I am sure you will call that cheap, but in reality it is simply a smart play to make the most of what you bring into the lobby. And again, if you have a problem with that you are simply playing the wrong game.

I've never once said only noobs camp and only pros rush - those would sound like absolutes, wouldn't they? And only idiots deal in absolutes.

All I've said is that scorestreaks promote camping, and thus are dumb in concept because I like to run around and shoot people in a first person shooter. You're the one trying to add on all this inference about other crap. Just to be clear:

I am NOT arguing that "Scorestreaks are the only reason people camp".
I am NOT arguing that "Scorestreaks can only be earned by camping".
I am NOT arguing that "Scorestreaks GUARANTEE camping".
I am NOT arguing that "Scorestreaks make Cubfan a dull boy".
I am NOT arguing that "Scorestreaks should be turned off or you're a woman".

So stop "trying to invent arguments" for me, and read what I write.

Stop trying to change and reinvent your arguement, you made it clear what your stance was by describing all camping as equivalent when it obviously is not and people who are not interested in running around at all times are doing it wrong...

...I will say again it is obvious you are playing the wrong game.
---
Did you really just instruct someone to search the Internet for the truth?
I never thought I would die like this, but I always hoped...