The online community may be small on WiiU, but the connection is much better.

#1ZBug_Posted 2/3/2013 9:38:25 PM(edited)
Even thought the online community on the WiiU is so much smaller then on Xbox360, the connection is much better. Yes there is lag sometimes that can be pretty bad (people warping), but it's not only less often then on the Xbox but on Xbox sometimes you can actually be like 1.5 - 2 seconds behind someone in connection. It's terrible.

I'm not just talking out my ass, I spent the last 3 days at my friends house playing BO2 on his Xbox and its definitely noticeable.
BUT it is nice to have all of the playlist populated, and be able to play any game mode whenever you want.

so yeah, thats my 2 cents on that.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#2northshore420Posted 2/3/2013 10:22:08 PM
try go play on ps3.....the lag is by far the worst on playstation haha
#3manjiPosted 2/3/2013 11:31:39 PM
yea i have yet to play a headquarters game... nobody is ever in there..

i dont know how bad the connections are on other consoles, and possibly it could be my connection, but a lot of times i get dropped from a game, "Error: cannot find host", or migrating hosts (host connection quitting the game). i'd say 1 out of every 7 or 8 games. as well as experiencing lag and seeing that little icon pop up on the screen where it shows an RJ-11 or 45 wire coming out of a wall connection.
#4DerPancakePosted 2/4/2013 12:02:30 AM
I disagree lag comp on the WiiU is worse than Ps3 and 360.
---
WiiU ID: GermanicMexican
PSN: WheatWithWeed
#5ZBug_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 2:40:15 AM
manji posted...
yea i have yet to play a headquarters game... nobody is ever in there..

i dont know how bad the connections are on other consoles, and possibly it could be my connection, but a lot of times i get dropped from a game, "Error: cannot find host", or migrating hosts (host connection quitting the game). i'd say 1 out of every 7 or 8 games. as well as experiencing lag and seeing that little icon pop up on the screen where it shows an RJ-11 or 45 wire coming out of a wall connection.

Yeah. Can't really do anything about migrating hosts.
But if you know how to set your Wii u in your routers DMZ, do that, I swear it help my connection a lot.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#6ThisIsMithosPosted 2/10/2013 8:57:03 AM
lololol

We're talking about THE Nintendo, right? Since when has Nintendo ever had anything more than half-assed connections. I've never played the Wii U, but I would be SHOCKED if there connection was even close to the PS3.

I played all the time on the DS, the connection was terrible. I played all the time on the Wii, the connection was terrible. I played for a bit on the PS3, the connection was sketchy. And on the 360, the connection is very good in some games like MW2 where lag isn't really a factor, but still mediocre at best on BO2.

If the 360's lag situation is mediocre on BO2, the PS3's is probably poor, and the Wii U's downright awful. Just a quick prediction.
---
GT: Aero SSX
#7Machine1136Posted 2/10/2013 9:04:29 AM
"Connection" means different things to different people. The lag comp algorithms are probably the same between consoles; the WiiU has at least as capable WiFi as the other consoles (in terms of UL/DL speeds). The WiiU version seems to "run" better than the PS3 version (e.g. more stable frame rate and avoidance of lag spikes/lag teleportation during a given match). The WiiU also seems to have less occurence of host migration for whatever reason (maybe because it's full of 10 year old kids that don't care so much about their stats LOLOLOLOLOLOL).

I have no experience with Xbawks, but I'm sure it has its own problems and good points.
---
&.Machine
NNID, PSN: Machine1136
#8Nok817Posted 2/10/2013 9:32:39 AM
I haven't experienced much lag on the WiiU yet, but it sure did happen a lot when playing Black Ops/MW3 on the PS3.
---
2010 HHR SS 5 Speed | Mods- GM Turbo Upgrade, Trifecta tune, ZZP Intake, ZZP Intercooler, 3 in Magnaflow Exhaust
#9kuragari1anonlyPosted 2/10/2013 10:07:07 AM
Play with someone in another country.
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#10HardkodePosted 2/10/2013 11:24:11 AM
Any discussion of connection needs to mention which region you're playing from. I'm pretty sure anyone playing outside of North America and Western Europe is unlikely to be having a good time on WiiU. If you live any where else you're screwed. The installed base on WiiU is too small. From looking at the world map there are a shockingly large number of players in Japan. Is that just all the Gaijin who live there or do real japanese people play this? Looks like there are very few players in Sweden and Norway. Live in Perth, Australia? Forget about it.

The BO2 community right now is still less than half of what it was on MW3-Wii at this time last year. The Wii had a massive installed base. People could casually buy it at Target and Walmart. It's a big investment for many people to play on WiiU and there are few games out there to warrant it. There were no ipads and iphones when the Wii came out. For entertainment for your kids it was easily the best choice. Now it's a luxury purchase.