Tips for earning Gold Guns...

#131BirdPwNz100Posted 2/20/2013 7:44:22 PM
I use the character map™
---
PSN: oBirdPwNz-
#132Hawke0Posted 2/20/2013 9:19:28 PM
ITT: It's always the lag/aim assist™
---
In an insane world, a sane man must appear insane.
#133Machine1136Posted 2/20/2013 10:10:58 PM
QualiT posted...

I would say dexterity is almost essential for shotguns. I always ran steady aim pro on black ops + MW3 on ym shotguns, and im doing the same here. it definitely helps me out a ton and has saved me alot of times, from sprinting to instant hipfire is invaluable for a gun that kills as quick as a shotgun.

You don't say? I think most would agree.
---
&.Machine
NNID, PSN: Machine1136
#134Cubfan082(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 6:00:49 AM
Machine1136 posted...
QualiT posted...

I would say dexterity is almost essential for shotguns. I always ran steady aim pro on black ops + MW3 on ym shotguns, and im doing the same here. it definitely helps me out a ton and has saved me alot of times, from sprinting to instant hipfire is invaluable for a gun that kills as quick as a shotgun.

not people who can kill without it so they can use something else...
---
Did you really just instruct someone to search the Internet for the truth?
I never thought I would die like this, but I always hoped...
#135Cubfan082(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 6:19:06 AM
Machine1136 posted...
QualiT posted...

Often times I find dexterity a waste because I always ADS before rounding a corner (old MW3 habit), but there are times when im sprinting in dead areas and an enemy surprises me, dex sometimes helps me kill them.

The S12 is my personal fave shotgun, its gotten me so many fury kills its unbeleivable

my class is

S12 + Laser & Long Barrel
Ghost
Scavenger
Dexterity + Engineer
Frag Grenade
Shock chrge
Perk 3 Greed.

I dont see the need for fast mags, since like the USAS in MW3, you wont be reloading when people are around typically, plus the 10 rounds is amazing. Ghost keeps me safe from UAVS, scav is so i can spam my tacticals/lethals, making people easier too kill, dexterity helps, and engineer is so i can run through equipment with no fear.

No secondary here, i usually pick up an SMG from an opponent i mauled.

I never find ex con/lightweight useful since the maps are so small and you run pretty far with 100% run speed anyways.

Excellent class, although I prefer C4 over Frag Grenade for the close-to-mid-quarters out of ammo instant kill.

Dexterity is definitely useful. Get used to having it and then go without it, you will see the difference it makes in winning what you now think are lag comp losing situations. Or, just continue to hang your hat on lag comp being the only thing (besides DA aim assist) keeping you from being a decent player.

I don't remember not being decent, but thanks for playing...

...get used to playing without dexterity, and see how expendable it is in hip fire situations when your opponent saw you first.

But rather notice how often you get stuck in a mantle, and end up.getting killed trying to climb through a window or over a crate.

I am not saying it is not a good perk. I am saying what you find essential about it can be handled with attachments instead of paying a point premium for "greed". If I plan on hipfire rushing I prefer lightweight classes with ghost, the speed and surprise kills and helps me deal with the games lag.

I used steady aim when I first started playing CoD, after years of it it is a non essential perk for me. If I ever felt I needed it in this title I would elect for a laser sight inplace of using greed, because I find tact mask and Engineer more consistently useful. I could also chose the QuickDraw plus laser sight combo to do a better job of making my weapon more accurate and lethal.faster than burying a point for greed and a second tier 3 perk that will help me climb faster instead of kill faster.

perhaps you should try that two attachment combo and see how it works better than what you ate describing as essential.
---
#136Machine1136Posted 2/21/2013 8:42:18 AM
Cubfan082 posted...
Machine1136 posted...
QualiT posted...

not people who can kill without it so they can use something else...

So I assume you're never running any perks or scorestreaks, right?
---
&.Machine
#137Machine1136Posted 2/21/2013 8:57:17 AM
Cubfan082 posted...

I don't remember not being decent, but thanks for playing...

...get used to playing without dexterity, and see how expendable it is in hip fire situations when your opponent saw you first.

But rather notice how often you get stuck in a mantle, and end up.getting killed trying to climb through a window or over a crate.

I am not saying it is not a good perk. I am saying what you find essential about it can be handled with attachments instead of paying a point premium for "greed". If I plan on hipfire rushing I prefer lightweight classes with ghost, the speed and surprise kills and helps me deal with the games lag.

I used steady aim when I first started playing CoD, after years of it it is a non essential perk for me. If I ever felt I needed it in this title I would elect for a laser sight inplace of using greed, because I find tact mask and Engineer more consistently useful. I could also chose the QuickDraw plus laser sight combo to do a better job of making my weapon more accurate and lethal.faster than burying a point for greed and a second tier 3 perk that will help me climb faster instead of kill faster.

perhaps you should try that two attachment combo and see how it works better than what you ate describing as essential.

Quickdraw plus laser is about the most stupid attachment combo ever. Quickdraw is a waste of a point if you're just going to hipfire - which is all you should really do with the S12 in the close quarters situations that we're talking about here. Laser is a waste of a point if you're just going to ADS. Dexterity will help you hipfire faster - mantling faster is nice, but not what I miss most about it when not running it. You'll also notice that laser and long barrel is a part of the build.

After years of avoiding Betties, and after sweeping an area that I will be patrolling to earn a Bloodthirsty and making sure the area is clear of equipment, I find Engineer a non-essential perk. What's your problem that you need everything lit up in red on your screen?

You complain a lot (and that's being generous) about being on the short end of the stick with regards to lag comp - maybe it's because you are running the wrong perks?
---
&.Machine
#138Cubfan082(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 9:20:37 AM
I don't complain about what is fact, I state it. I rarely get common sight lines with my target, one of us always sees the other first and that determines what happens next. No perk will change what the network code does.

I love score streaks, I earn tons of them. I love engineer and emps because it is free points while avoiding stupid deathes. I rarely see betties placed in the open, they are far more often screened by something. If my opponent is watching it, if I approach cautious they shoot me down, if I approach reckless I get blown up.

laser shrinks your hip fire spread, quick draw shrinks your draw time to ADS accuracy, my line of sight is kept higher because I need to not spend time shooting legs, thus without engineer I can easily miss a shock, clay more etc. It also functions as psuedo UAV, letting me know if I should turn my flank in or continue around to search for targets.

you discount to much while assuming too much. If the kill cams consistently showed me getting more than 25% of my shots off I might be inclined to believe an effect of benefit could be found. But since my hit markers are thrown out often, it seems beyond disposable.

I hit a guy in the back five times with a suppressed S12 with MMS (working on the sight challenge) from the door in the upstairs room on standoff as he looked out sniping. After my second hit, he moved, through the 3rd , 4th and 5th he swapped weapons and began turning. Then I died...

...kill cam showed him facing me during the second shot and 1 burst killing me with the BL23 and 3-4-5 never happening

that is how the game plays for me, dexterity offers me nothing in that context, but engineer let me take out the shocks he had and earn my CUAV before taking a common death for me.

I am no complaining about it, I have accepted that that is how tactical games often play out for me. All I say now is "that guy should have been dead" rather than scream about lag. If you played with me you would know that instead of continuing bad assumptions...
---
#139Cubfan082(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 10:06:35 AM
Machine1136 posted...

Quickdraw plus laser is about the most stupid attachment combo ever. Quickdraw is a waste of a point if you're just going to hipfire - which is all you should really do with the S12 in the close quarters situations that we're talking about here. Laser is a waste of a point if you're just going to ADS. Dexterity will help you hipfire faster - mantling faster is nice, but not what I miss most about it when not running it. You'll also notice that laser and long barrel is a part of the build.

?

More accurate hipfire transitioning into more accurate ADS fire, my my I don't see how that could useful in the slightest while running around the map OR taking your time...or doing both in the same game as your opponents moves dictate...

...i can't wait for the ADS snap to return, where the ultimate power of that attachment combo will exact my revenge...
---
#140SDCobalionPosted 2/21/2013 10:47:23 AM
@Machine1136, laser in this game tightens the ADS spread as well, making it a good attachment overall as it helps both hipfire and ADS.
---
Iron will pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWSFPybAORk&feature=related